Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2014 - Mod Warning in OP, 10/12

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,648 ✭✭✭mav79

I'm waiting for Dwight Gayle to score today, and then Rodgers buy him in January.:(

We are playing a team second from bottom with no wins in their last five and I'm not one bit optimistic. With CL on Wednesday I really hope Rodgers does not try and rest players.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

Very slow accelleration. Decent handling, but woeful on corners. Gets into tight spaces, but ultimately ends up down a dead end.

I give you... the Lamborini.

1086_banger_racing_photo.JPG

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,404 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

Oh here.....
    And the Reds are preparing a £10m bid to sign England Under-21 winger Nathan Redmond, 20, from Norwich in January

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/gossip/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,365 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

I'm going to assume the Nathan Redmond rumour is complete bollocks.

I can't be getting that angry on a Sunday morning by assuming there's any truth to it.

Is Carlton Cole available?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,524 ✭✭✭joe123

How in gods name did the powers that be at the club allow such a situation that your two strikers are either Borini or Lambert.

Its mind boggling that it was allowed happen considering we had an entire summer to replace Suarez.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭MD1990

Borini & Lambert looks more like a Crystal Palace frontline rather than a Liverpool one. We have Sterling & Ibe (who has more league goals than any other player) both very young. So Redmond would make no sense.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,800 ✭✭✭✭Francie Barrett

£10M for a Championship player? No thanks.

joe123 wrote: »
    How in gods name did the powers that be at the club allow such a situation that your two strikers are either Borini or Lambert.

Its mind boggling that it was allowed happen considering we had an entire summer to replace Suarez.

Yeah it's nuts.

I'd imagine the manager presumed Ballotelli would have more league goals than zero at this stage. Also, I would say he didn't foresee Sturridge only playing 3 league games before January.

I definitely agree another top striker should have been in the squad though. Borini was nearly sold too remember!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

Mr_Red wrote: »
    I thought you loved banter

Thanks for your interest but I see where you went wrong.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 467 ✭✭DaveSuarez

Mignolet, Manquillo, Lovren, Skrtel, Johnson, Gerrard, Allen, Lallana, Coutinho, Sterling, Lambert

sigh

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,035 ✭✭✭✭J Mysterio

Why is Johnson at LB? Is Enrique not fit like?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 983 ✭✭✭Frogdog

DaveSuarez wrote: »
    Mignolet, Manquillo, Lovren, Skrtel, Johnson, Gerrard, Allen, Lallana, Coutinho, Sterling, Lambert

sigh

4-5-1 yet again this season.

I'd love a return to the attacking 4-4-2 we played all last year.

Lat time Johnson played LB (v Swansea in the cup last month iirc), he had a good game. He stayed in position and rarely ventured past the halfway line. Manquillo was given licence to attack from RB.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 14,466 Mod ✭✭✭✭marno21

Remember Glen Johnson's last performance against Palace. That should've been enough of a warning sign. But no, starts yet again today

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,071 ✭✭✭Milkers

How on earth can Rodgers keep on picking Glen Johnson?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,930 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

4-5-1

That tells me one thing the manager is afraid to lose packing a midfield against Palace.

I would rather lose trying to play the way we played last season even with players who are not as good.

• Registered Users Posts: 616 ✭✭✭NoelJ

Milkers wrote: »

He's a good player who's just been made a scapegoat.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,504 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

This is literally the worst league lineup I have seen since the Hodgson days.

If we lose this, and fail to beat Ludo, I'm not sure the yanks will have the patience or discipline to leave Brendan in charge any longer.

Just to be clear, no I do not want Rodgers sacked.

• Advertisement

4-5-1

That tells me one thing the manager is afraid to lose packing a midfield against Palace.

I would rather lose trying to play the way we played last season even with players who are not as good.

We haven't got the players to play the way we did last season.

That's been fairly obvious since August and one of the reasons we are in the mess we are in tbh.

I'd rather we just won games playing the worst football imaginable if necessary

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,071 ✭✭✭Milkers

NoelJ wrote: »

Hi Brendan, welcome to Boards.

rarnes1 wrote: »
    We haven't got the players to play the way we did last season.

That's been fairly obvious since August and one of the reasons we are in the mess we are in tbh.

Considering we really only lost one player from last season and brought in 8/9 to replacements that is just mind-boggling.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,629 ✭✭✭googled eyes

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

Hi Brendan, welcome to Boards.

Noel Johnson?

:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,035 ✭✭✭✭J Mysterio

I dont have the extreme dislike for Johnson as others appear to have. I'd love to have Enrique back to his pre injury form though.

Also, Lallana - go on son!

• Advertisement

BenEadir wrote: »
    If LFC want to break his contract against his will they have to pay him up. I don't think they wanted to get rid of him that much!!

Wanting him gone at 13m and paying him to leave are worlds apart

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,987 ✭✭✭Kerrigooney

NoelJ wrote: »

He's not a good player.
    Squawka Football ‏@Squawka 1h1 hour ago

Glen Johnson has won just 6 tackles in 6 Premier League outings this season. Javier Manquillo has won 17 in 7 games.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,901 ✭✭✭Raif Severance

Our Captain was Disgraceful in the lead-up to Palace's Goal. Just stood back and watched Bolasie. Didn't even make an attempt to Stop him.

And he's supposed to be our DM.

Now Contrast him to Jedinak, who seems to be always there everytime we Attack.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,438 ✭✭✭5live

Manquillo is a little gem just waiting to be polished a little.

Skrtel, in contrast, looks like a steward impersonating a footballer. Agger must have been fantastic to make Skrtel look even competent.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

I'm not even watching. Sounds like nothing at all has changed.

• Advertisement

I think we all know who the real boss is at the club now and it's not Rodgers.

It's
    Gerrard

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,068 ✭✭✭Tipsy McSwagger

Getting shown up by Crystal Palace, time for Rodgers to go.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,349 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Rodgers.
    Out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,791 ✭✭✭✭Charlie19

tumblr_mxio0xAbsH1sh32bpo1_500.gif

This could be a er game changing result

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,066 ✭✭✭Washington Irving

Rafa in

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

Brendan Rodgers has made an absolute bags of everything.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭Soft Falling Rain

Questions have to be asked now lads. I'll hold my hands up and admit that I thought our summer business was excellent in terms of beefing the squad up, but I got it horribly wrong.

Serious learning curve for Rodgers and the owners.

tumblr_inline_mjihbcK35g1qz4rgp.gif

Not a single summer signing of his has improved the team in anyway.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,791 ✭✭✭✭Charlie19

Questions have to be asked now lads. I'll hold my hands up and admit that I thought our summer business was excellent in terms of beefing the squad up, but I got it horribly wrong.

pc425%20youre%20fired%20alan%20sugar.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,159 ✭✭✭benny79

Absolute joke never look like scoring, BR hasn't a clue! joke of the PL once more! Enough is enough no excuses. ..

I mean how many more games is he going to start with Lovren, Johnson and Gerrard in DM and wonder what's going wrong?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,887 ✭✭✭✭klose

Cant wait for the same team and tactics on wednesday, absolutely no pity for rodgers here his persistance with gerrard johnsom skrtel etc... Will cost him his job amd rightfully so if he keeps going this way.

To be fair taken one by one they are not a bad group of players (bar Balotelli), its not who was signed but who was not signed that's an issue but only one issue. In fact its the secondary matter regarding this season - Rodgers failure under pressure is what this season will be remembered for.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,068 ✭✭✭Tipsy McSwagger

RODGERS OUT!!!!!!!!!!

Now let the backlash begin I don't give a fcuk.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,380 ✭✭✭daRobot

Amazing that all the money that was spent, and the team needs a total rebuild.

Rodgers is looking absolutely fcuking clueless without Suarez.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,033 ✭✭✭who_ru

No Suarez No Party.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,901 ✭✭✭Raif Severance

Looking at the Replay of the 2nd Goal, Gerrard only started to move when it was already too late.

As the DM for the Team, he's the one who should be Tracking the Midfield Runners, but he didn't.

We're going to Continue leaking Goals, if we are going to Persist playing Gerrard as DM.

• Advertisement

Did you know Rodgers is living in a house owned by Gerrard?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement