Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2014 - Mod Warning in OP, 10/12

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 402 ✭✭drdidlittle

Folks. This is getting serious now. Summer signings gave not prover their worth. Out of CL by xmas and no possibility of top 4 is a real concern now.
    Question is do we stick with BR or change to give new manager time before next season. My opinion is to stick with BR as last year we over achieved and this year we are under performing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,680 ✭✭✭Stargate

Question is , what now ? Where do we go from here?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

We've done a Spurs.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,349 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Palace are just muck, relegation certainties and we made them look like a top 4 side.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

Gerrad only works as a DM when you have two up front that scare the **** out of teams - Suarez and Sturridge. Take that away and we don't have the outlets and teams can push up and destroy us.

Even Sturridge and Balotelli would have been OK, but what we have now is just asking for a beating.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,930 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

If we are out of the CL before Xmas Rodgers has to go before he wastes more money in January.

I was ready to give him to the end of the season.

But not when he keeps playing 1 up front on his own.

I hope they get another, just to see Rodgers waffle his way out of 4-1 vs Palace.

• Registered Users Posts: 402 ✭✭drdidlittle

Grayditch wrote: »
    We've done a Spurs.

Couldn't agree more.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,860 ✭✭✭DeanAustin

We've done a Spurs.

With bells on. Spurs finished top 6 last season.

If we are out of the CL before Xmas Rodgers has to go before he wastes more money in January.

That's the thing. Given the way he spend £100million in the summer, who in their right mind would give him another penny?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,648 ✭✭✭mav79

Palace are just muck, relegation certainties and we made them look like a top 4 side.

We are making them look like Barca or Real. Pathetic performance yet again.

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

I wonder what today's excuse will be now? 4 losses in a row, 1 win from 7 in all competitions and that was vs Swansea in the league cup when we got 2 very late goals to snatch it in the end.

8 points in the last 9 league games. I'm struggling to see any way up when we have looked utterly clueless with almost no bright sparks in the last few months. I haven't reached breaking point with the manager yet but it is utterly depressing. Last season doesn't automatically get a free pass for this season, there is a minimum standard that needs to be set. At this rate we are on for about 45 points this season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,980 ✭✭✭doc_17

Rodgers was lucky to have been manager at a tine when Suarez had one of the best seasons anyone ever had in English football.

His signings are the reason we are where we are now. Allen, Sakho, Balotelli, Lovran, Mignolet are all poor to average players. Are they better than Reina, Lucas, Agger, Carroll? No. But look at what they cost.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,791 ✭✭✭✭Charlie19

Played 12 lost 6:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,073 ✭✭✭Devilman40k

Stargate wrote: »

We had 5 massive games ahead of us and we've done that from 1 up.... No Sturridge, new signings not doing a job for us.

Pressure on Rodgers now is huge.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,930 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

That's the thing. Given the way he spend £100million in the summer, who in their right mind would give him another penny?

I wouldn't blame FSG at all if they told him no.

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

We've done a Spurs.

Spurs from this season, yes, not Spurs from last season as they were much better than this last season at this stage.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Alan Pardew anyone? :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,308 ✭✭✭Pyjamarama

Getting shown up by Crystal Palace, time for Rodgers to go.

So thats it yeah?! Forget everything that happened last year. Rough times for sure but sacking the manager is not going to solve a single thing.

He does need to man up and drop Stevie tho. And Lovern. It has to happen. I'm a MASSIVE Rodgers fan but he needs to show he has the balls to stay.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,391 ✭✭✭PhiloCypher

On the bright side we're still only 5 points off 4th :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,957 ✭✭✭✭banie01

Its been a painful start to our season.

Liverpool have had a poor start and have had injury concerns.
    But...
    Today is proof positive if any more was needed that last year Liverpool really were a 1 man team!
    No Suarez = No threat, no creativity, no guile, no passion, no real hunger and above all no consistent goals!
    Not just from Suarez but in the chances he created for those playing around him.
    I have little hope left in Rodgers turning it around, and even less in handing him more money in transfer funds!
    No tactical nous or adaptability...
    Our 2nd Shankley is rapidly turning into our 2nd Souness!

We've done a Spurs.

I wish.

It's much worse than that

doc_17 wrote: »
    His signings are the reason we are where we are now. Allen, Sakho, Balotelli, Lovran, Mignolet are all poor to average players. Are they better than Reina, Lucas, Agger, Carroll? No. But look at what they cost.

Adding Carroll into that list negates any argument made to be honest!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,414 ✭✭✭Lord Trollington

We're in trouble make no mistake about it. 4 defeats in a row.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

Just four points off the relegation zone.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,365 ✭✭✭✭rossie1977

We've done a Spurs.

spurs had 20 points after 12 games last season..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,758 ✭✭✭Strongbow10

Stargate wrote: »

Jurgen Klopp at end of season

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

Alan Pardew anyone? :pac:

Davey Moyes football genius.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,142 ✭✭✭Pilsbury Doughboy

Lads, last one out knock the lights off, see ye all next season.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 493 ✭✭huey1975

A shambles

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,438 ✭✭✭5live

I blame the GAA.

Since Gerrard started watching the fcuking GAA he's all 'Take your points, the goals will follow'.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,648 ✭✭✭mav79

A third of the season in and we are looking worse each game. I don't believe Rodgers deserves until the summer, if performances stay like this till January he should be fired. You can't keep living off last seasons results.

rossie1977 wrote: »
    spurs had 20 points after 12 games last season..

So?

I'm clearly talking about blowing the wad from your best player's sale on players that don't work.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,105 ✭✭✭mada999

klose wrote: »
    Cant wait for the same team and tactics on wednesday, absolutely no pity for rodgers here his persistance with gerrard johnsom skrtel etc... Will cost him his job amd rightfully so if he keeps going this way.

if we lose like this on Wednesday he will be gone imo

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,980 ✭✭✭doc_17

Adding Carroll into that list negates any argument made to be honest!

Maybe, but adding Balotelli to the squad negates any benefit in getting rid of Carroll. These are serious times, our keeper is poor, defence brutal, midfield anonymous and strikers would barely get into a relegation threatened team.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,162 ✭✭✭Augmerson

Jesus christ.

I've heard people say the definition of insanity is doing the same thing again and again and expecting different results.

Pyjamarama wrote: »
    So thats it yeah?! Forget everything that happened last year. Rough times for sure but sacking the manager is not going to solve a single thing.

Going on everything he's done this season, yes. He's shown no sign that he knows what's wrong, nevermind that he's capable of making the decision to turn things around. His signings this summer, to a man, have failed to improve the team in anyway and his team selection suggests that he has no idea on how to get the best out of this squad of players right now.

He has to show at least some sign of improvement in the next three or four games.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

The Mata deal can't be done soon enough.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭MD1990

Rodgers looked very nervous today even when we were winning 1-0. Id say he could be under serious pressure soon. What is it going to take to drop Lovren,Johnson,Skrtel & Gerrard.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,655 ✭✭✭delw

Maybe we should all ask santy for a world class striker & dm ( or manager :( )

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

If you sack a manager you need to hire a manager so who would be available mid-season? Should he be given time (I mentioned Pardew with that in mind) or would no improvement by January mean its better to sack and take a chance on someone but as I say, who?

mada999 wrote: »
    if we lose like this on Wednesday he will be gone imo

If we lose on Wednesday that's 5 defeats on the spin his job will be under severe threat then. Can he turn it around?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 655 ✭✭✭RED L4 0TH

Pyjamarama wrote: »
    He does need to man up and drop Stevie tho.

And maybe not renew his contract next season too. His decline is shocking (and sad) to witness. With the Palace counter-attacks, he really struggled to get back into a defensive position. Pace totally gone.

Turtyturd wrote: »

Not good enough tbh.

We need world class in, not has beens.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,399 ✭✭✭✭ThunbergsAreGo

I am struggling to think of any available managers I would rather.

Biggest problem is its all so slow. A complete world away from the counter attacks of last year

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,438 ✭✭✭5live

Turtyturd wrote: »

What's the Mata you, hey?

Why you looka so sad?

It's a not so bad.

It's a nicea place.

Ah, shut up a you face!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,510 ✭✭✭✭noodler

We need a clear out but there are still things Rodgers could be doing.

Toure in, Johnson and sorted out, Gerrard either up or dropped, can in, two up top.

Only five points behind fourth but you can't escape the clear gap in quality when you watch the other contenders play.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,105 ✭✭✭mada999

If you cant even match an opposition team in work rate then you need to have a look at the manager....

1. Bought muck players
    2. Does not see that 1 up front is not working
    3. Needs to drop players that are clearly not playing well
    4. Failed to replace Suarez with anyone of quality... brought Balotelli in at the last second after saying the wasnt going to sign him..

As someone else said, not one of the players brought in has made us any better... it's a shocking waste of money..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,955 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

The decline from last season has been shocking - I'd even go so far as it's been more dramatic than United last year under Moyes.

This season has clearly shown that the entire team was being carried by Suarez. Without him they haven't a clue where to even start. Gerrard is past it unfortunately and needs to retire gracefully. Mignolet has had so many howlers in his time with us that he needs to be replaced ASAP, and Rodgers himself - I dunno, spent over 100 mil in the summer and we're not far off a relegation battle? What does that say?

This season is a write-off anyway. We need to start thinking about next year now!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,296 ✭✭✭✭rob316

He's just too stubborn, he is under serious pressure now. Loose Wednesday and he is gone I'd say. If he bought all these players his is rightly on the block. This is just disgraceful stuff.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement