Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2014 - Mod Warning in OP, 10/12

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,504 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

Rodgers out.
    Gerrard and Johnson dropped.
    Lovren and Skrtel dropped.
    American owners out.

Iago Aspas back as player-manager-owner.

I've cracked the code lads, be grand.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,349 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

That's the problem isn't it? If Rodgers does go, who can we realistically get in? Don't think going back for Rafa would be the right decision.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,775 ✭✭✭✭Gbear

So do we just hobble along until Gerrard retires?

I wonder does Stevie enjoy getting humiliated every week?

I think this actually feels worse than Hodgson. With him there was no respect - he had no achievements with or without the club so it was easy just to make him the target of unadulterated hatred straight from the off.

We're playing just as badly at the moment but it's made twice as frustrating because what came before from a manager that's shown flexibility and delivered the best football any fan under 30 has ever seen and from players that consistently delivered last season.

People need to stop blaming the signings. The team we have available, even without Sturridge, is a lot better than Hull, Palace, Newcastle, West Ham, QPR and most of the teams we've struggled against this season.

Rodgers get's 0 points for his management of the squad he's had available this season. Persisting with demonstrably off-form CBs, persisting with Gerrard, Johnson and 1 up front.

It's just maddening. It feels like I'm taking crazy pills. There's no explanation. A four-year-old would be able to see what's wrong. I don't believe that Rodgers is so ****ing stupid that he can't see the problems.

• Registered Users Posts: 674 ✭✭✭GotTheTshirt

Carra talking alot of sense on Sky at the mo.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,930 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Rodgers wanting Berahino and Redmond in Janaury really speaks where we are as a club now if they are the answer!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,308 ✭✭✭Pyjamarama

He's not getting fired even if we lose on Wednesday. The owners are unlikely to overreact as much as some of the posters on here are. He deserves time to get this right.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

I'd leave him till next season if he drops the stubourness when it comes to certain players and a clear transfer policy that isn't a battle of wills between him in the committee is implemented.

We might not win the league but our competitors for the 4th place trophy (Arsenal/United) are equally sh*t, and we should go close/possibly win the CL.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

Rodgers can be a good manager, I've just no idea why he isn't being one right now. We've had one and a half very good seasons with him, and now he's starting to make it look like it was all Suarez and Sturridge's doing. Chap looks like he hasn't a breeze what he's doing and his transfer reputation is in tatters.

Pyjamarama wrote: »
    He's not getting fired even if we lose on Wednesday. The owners are unlikely to overreact as much as some of the posters on here are. He deserves time to get this right.

I wouldn't be so sure. They've shown in their time at Boston that they can be pretty trigger happy when needs be.

• Advertisement

Rodgers wanting Berahino and Redmond in Janaury really speaks where we are as a club now if they are the answer!

He told you this over breakfast did he?!?

Although personally i think Berahino is going to be a star.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,504 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

Best way I can describe Gerrard's level of play this season, is by comparing him to a boulder in quicksand.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,588 ✭✭✭daithijjj

Should be obvious to most now that Brendan hasn't a clue how to change things. Probably took off our 2 best performers on the day as well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,887 ✭✭✭✭klose

I would agree but he is blindly persisting with crap players tactics and formations for pretty much the enrirety of the season thus far and dosent look as if hes going to change it up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,954 ✭✭✭garra

FSG will definitely start scouting managerial replacements from next week, if they had not started the process already. Rodgers is clueless this year and shows no sign of dragging "the group" out of the mire.

Can I ask how much time you think.

I said last week he deserves till the end of the season.

Now I think if we are out of the CL by Xmas he needs to go as I really don't see him learning from his mistakes.

He is making the same ones game in game out.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,162 ✭✭✭Augmerson

If Rodgers was trying things out I'd be in agreement with you but he isn't. I understand our best striker is out and we've also sold one of the best players in the world but he continues to persist with choices that have been shown on a number of occasions now not to work.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,019 ✭✭✭davycc

When you spend 100 million you should be winning the league?

Eh Brenda good man.. :-)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

Carra talking alot of sense on Sky at the mo.
    I've switched to the Rubgy, whats he saying?

Is he starting on Wednesday?

Can I ask how much time you think.

I said last week he deserves till the end of the season.

No I think if we are out of the CL by Xmas he needs to go.

I think he deserves til at least the end of the season. Lets not forget that he had us playing wonderful stuff at the end of the season 2 years ago when Luis was suspended. He's demonstrated that he CAN get the best out of his players. Thats not the case at the moment and i'm not attempting to say everything is rosey cause obviously its not remotely. But i think he's displayed enough potential to be a top class manager that we should stick with him until we're certain its a lost cause. Thats a full season at least for me. For all the joy his team provided us with last year its the least he deserves.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,985 ✭✭✭mikeym

We are better off getting knocked out of the Champions League because Liverpool are going downhill fast.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,296 ✭✭✭✭rob316

He does but is showing absolutely nothing to deserve it.
    120m on players who don't improve us.
    Same tired formation all season.
    Won't drop Gerrard.
    It's his third season and he still hasn't sorted our defence after spending nearly 40m on 2 centre backs.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,980 ✭✭✭doc_17

Even though I've lambasted his signings I'm not saying sack him today, wouldn't be any point. But keep the money for his summer replacement

mikeym wrote: »
    Were better off getting knocked out of the Champions League because Liverpool are going downhill fast.

:confused:

This makes zero sense

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,031 ✭✭✭petethebrick

Turtyturd wrote: »
    I'd leave him till next season if he drops the stubourness when it comes to certain players and a clear transfer policy that isn't a battle of wills between him in the committee is implemented.

We might not win the league but our competitors for the 4th place trophy (Arsenal/United) are equally sh*t, and we should go close/possibly win the CL.

:confused::confused::confused:

What are you basing this on? We're way off challenging for 4th place. In fact we're on the way down to the relegation spots if things don't change fast.

And what are you talking about going close/win CL???

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

garra wrote: »
    FSG will definitely start scouting managerial replacements from next week, if they had not started the process already. Rodgers is clueless this year and shows no sign of dragging "the group" out of the mire.

Picture of a Sunday stroll with Martinez are imminent.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,954 ✭✭✭garra

From BBC's football page:

What Brendan Rodgers doesn't need is a big-name charismatic manager making noises about moving to the Premier League.

"What is that Jurgen?"

"I think England is the only country I think where I should work, next to Germany because it's the only country I know the language a little bit and I need the language for my work," said Borussia Dortmund's Mr Klopp to BT Sport this week.

"If somebody will call me, then we will talk about it."

Brendan better hope that John W Henry doesn't subscribe.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,889 ✭✭✭✭The Moldy Gowl

Saurez really papered over a lot of cracks that Rodgers didn't see and now the cracks appear when he has gone. Ye were very unlucky ye went on that patch of good form before saurez came back last year.

We are better off getting knocked out of the Champions League because Liverpool are going downhill fast.

I have no idea what this would accomplish

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭MD1990

You actually believe what the papers? There been barely any links to Redmond at all & no reliable sources have said we are after Berahino.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,956 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

rarnes1 wrote: »
    :confused:

This makes zero sense

Guessing he means that it'd at least let us focus on getting things right in the League.

Let's be realistic.. on current form we're not gonna be doing much in the CL anyway.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,985 ✭✭✭mikeym

doc_17 wrote: »
    Even though I've lambasted his signings I'm not saying sack him today, wouldn't be any point. But keep the money for his summer replacement

And he signed a long term contract last season.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,690 ✭✭✭ElChe32

Turtyturd wrote: »

embarassed-for-u.gif
    Deluded.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,952 ✭✭✭Morzadec

Replace "Mickey Quinn" with "Luis Suarez" and I think this probably sums up how we're all feeling:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭Soft Falling Rain

I wouldn't entertain him getting fired this season, next season will be massive though. If we underperform again you can sack him on balance of poor v good seasons.

The chap worked wonders last season, that shouldn't be lost out of sight.

garra wrote: »
    From BBC's football page:

What Brendan Rodgers doesn't need is a big-name charismatic manager making noises about moving to the Premier League.

"What is that Jurgen?"

"I think England is the only country I think where I should work, next to Germany because it's the only country I know the language a little bit and I need the language for my work," said Borussia Dortmund's Mr Klopp to BT Sport this week.

"If somebody will call me, then we will talk about it."

Brendan better hope that John W Henry doesn't subscribe.

I don't think klopp will be going to Liverpool.

Realistically Liverpool will always be a place just below arsenal/man utd/man city/Chelsea. I would say arsenal

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,155 ✭✭✭Sideshow Mark

Brendan has got to go. I'd do it before Wednesday too, there is nothing in that team that indicates there is a winning mentality there, and that can only come from a good manager or a great player. Right now we have neither. When we lost Louis, we lost more than a player.

The players we bought were mostly good players with potential to be better, at the moment they are just muck. They need a manager who has more experience at the top level. I'd offer Rafa whatever it takes to get him back.

MD1990 wrote: »
    You actually believe what the papers? There been barely any links to Redmond at all & no reliable sources have said we are after Berahino.

The commentators on my stream today kept talking about both..

I am not saying there is any truth in those stories but look at what we bought over the last number of season both those players fit into that model.

What I mean is that if ye had played like ye are now prior to saurez coming back, more realistic signings could hve been scouted fr the long term instead of thinking a team with no saurez is ok.

Hindsight and all that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,956 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

I wouldn't entertain him getting fired this season, next season will be massive though. If we underperform again you can sack him on balance of poor v good seasons.

Don't think anyone is dismissing the fantastic season last year, but it worryingly all seems to have been based on one man who is no longer with the club.. a bit like how United fell apart without Fergie.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,655 ✭✭✭El Inho

jones deserve a run?

Really? If he finishes outside the top 10, which if continues the way he's going, will happen, you'd give him another season?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 359 ✭✭Kharrell

Out of curiosity, if Rodgers were to be sacked, who would you lot want in realistically?
    Saurez really papered over a lot of cracks that Rodgers didn't see and now the cracks appear when he has gone. Ye were very unlucky ye went on that patch of good form before saurez came back last year.

I'm a fellow United supporter, but honestly, do you ever stop trying to wind up opposing fans?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,887 ✭✭✭✭klose

I wonder how we would look in morzadecs alternative table thing he used to do last season? Probably on about -5000 pts id say

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,300 ✭✭✭✭razorblunt

Bigger question is has Rodgers lost the dressing room? In this reporters opinion, yes, yes he has.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,399 ✭✭✭✭ThunbergsAreGo

Kharrell wrote: »
    Out of curiosity, if Rodgers were to be sacked, who would you lot want in realistically?

Thats it really there is feck all else out there who would take over mid season.

As bad as we have been we wont get relegated and wont be troubling the top four

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,447 ✭✭✭richymcdermott

As I was the biggest supporter for Rodgers he has to go , I am fed up with his team selections and the signings he has brought in are laughable.

I might be wrong but was he the one that said they would not pull a spurs ?

Time for him to go

Brendan has got to go. I'd do it before Wednesday too, there is nothing in that team that indicates there is a winning mentality there, and that can only come from a good manager or a great player. Right now we have neither. When we lost Louis, we lost more than a player.

The players we bought were mostly good players with potential to be better, at the moment they are just muck. They need a manager who has more experience at the top level. I'd offer Rafa whatever it takes to get him back.

Rafa did a good job a few seasons ago when he came in when things were falling apart at Chelsea. As much as I'd like to see it, it won't and probably shouldn't happen.

Pretty surprised many are calling for Rodgers head already.

Fickle fickle fans.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,986 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

The weird thing about if Klopp went there is that some of Rogers' signings would actually suit Klopp's style of football better than it does the current managers.

Lovren, Markovic and Lallana would all suit the Klopp system.

Thats the problem for Rogers, he has brought in players that clearly don't suit what he wants to do on the pitch.

I wonder is Brendan waiting for Gerrard to leave in Janaury on a free so he won't be seen as the man who droped a club legend.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement