Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2014 - Mod Warning in OP, 10/12

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,340 ✭✭✭PropJoe10

So, what's the solution between now and January?

I'd be inclined to get Toure, Lucas and Borini into the team. They can't put a worse shift in than the current lot.

I'd bring Toure (leader), Sakho (captained PSG at 17) and Lucas (club stalwart) back into the side for starters. We need some leadership on the field. Thought Lambert did well today and deserves to keep his place. We need players that arent afraid to man up, and in my eyes that rules out Johnson, Lovren, Skrtel and one or two others.

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

So, what's the solution between now and January?

I'd be inclined to get Toure, Lucas and Borini into the team. They can't put a worse shift in than the current lot.

Bring in a bit of proper youth. Give Jerome Sinclair a place on the bench for a different pacy option up front. Far from the finished article, but a very different threat than what we currently have. Worth a shot imo.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,038 ✭✭✭✭niallo27

Having lambert up front today reminded me of the days of having ngog on his own up front in rafa's last days.

• Site Banned Posts: 2,094 ✭✭✭BMMachine

why are we shit now? :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,349 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Don't understand how, after having such a good game against Madrid, Toure doesn't get a run of games. It just lends credence to the idea that Rodgers is picking players on reputation rather than form.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,882 ✭✭✭Saipanne

BMMachine wrote: »

You sold 31 goals and 14 assists.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,299 ✭✭✭djPSB

Saipanne wrote: »
    You sold 31 goals and 14 assists.

And another 20 goals got injured.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,901 ✭✭✭Raif Severance

BMMachine wrote: »

Because the Manager is too Stubborn.

He keeps on Persisting with Players that should not even be starting.

How those Players continues to be on the Field for the whole Game, while our Best Players are getting Subbed, is just Unbelievable.

So until our Manager gets his Head out of his A$$, it's Sad to say that we'll continue being Sh!t. :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,365 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

Also, like it or not, Rodgers is done if he's bottom half of the table come February/March.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,068 ✭✭✭MarkY91

Don't understand how, after having such a good game against Madrid, Toure doesn't get a run of games. It just lends credence to the idea that Rodgers is picking players on reputation rather than form.

because rodgers has no idea what he is doing

• Registered Users Posts: 2,845 ✭✭✭Hidalgo

Was only half watching that today as I was also watching the Munster club hurling final. No prizes for guessing which took more of my attention as the afternoon wore on.

When Palace got the ball there was loads of space for them to use the ball productively. When Liverpool had it the pitch seemed to shrink

Rodgers is slowly digging his own grave. He's not down as deep as the magic 6 ft yet, but he's getting there with his continued crap selections and tactics.
    Put down the shovel Brendan.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,438 ✭✭✭5live

Reading a bit about Sturridge and all i can say is WTF:confused:

http://www.independent.ie/sport/soccer/premier-league/richie-sadlier-extended-periods-of-recuperation-adding-insult-to-injury-30766523.html

Sadlier has to be pulling the urine.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

Yeah wouldn't put much faith in that, Sadlier was unprofessional and couldn't hack the scrutiny so others could be the same.

Seems to be straight out of the Stan Collymore school of any attention is good attention.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,335 ✭✭✭Bandana boy

Peist2007 wrote: »
    I hope they stick with him because i like the way he tries to play attacking football.

i too think sacking him is the wrong approach but we are not a playing attacking football this season.
    He is not sending out sides that will play attacking football.

He said today that everybody including the manager needs to look at themselves tonight. he is right, His team selection and set up has been wrong all season ,and he is trusting players on the pitch who are letting him and the club down every match.
    Results are hard to predict so I do not want to put an ultimatum on results in the next 6-8 weeks ,but if we do not turn about performances on the pitch he will be sacked in the next 8 weeks.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,073 ✭✭✭Devilman40k

SlickRic wrote: »
    Also, like it or not, Rodgers is done if he's bottom half of the table come February/March.

Rodgers will be done if we lose next 3. FSG have been ruthless before and they'll do it again

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,888 ✭✭✭✭klose

Said after the chelsea game we needed to win our next 6 games including the two champions league games and we have made a horrific balls of it already, now we have a long journey to bulgaria and ludo seem to have done well in their home games so ive completely no faith in us winning that game tbh.
    Get the younger players in for the next few games i say, skrtel gerrard johnson and lovren are all a massive hindrance at this stage.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,363 ✭✭✭JohnDaniels

5live wrote: »

Didn't Rory Smith write a blog piece with similar overtones during the week? It does seem like someone at the club is leaking this nonsense for whatever reason.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 605 ✭✭✭breghall

i too think sacking him is the wrong approach but we are not a playing attacking football this season.

We aren't playing attacking football ! we certainly aren't trying to play defensive football due to all the goals we leak, so can someone tell me what type of football BR is trying to play? cause i certainly can't make it out

His stubbornness to stick with his regulars in defense will be his downfall, and for that he can only blame himself when it happens.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,629 ✭✭✭googled eyes

I wouldn't mind if we weren't playing attacking football once we didn't giving away soft goals.

We are neither playing attack or defensive football. Were just about playing fuct ball

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,496 ✭✭✭quarryman

Did Rodgers actually this?

B3IrmPtCcAA_1vk.jpg:large

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Augmerson wrote: »
    Tk97CB7.jpg

I reckon he has got three games to save his career (as dramatic as that sounds),

Lose to Lugo (which would make Basel almost a dead rubber even if they also lose due to likely goal difference - though I suppose Real could put 5 past them without reply), get beaten by Stoke and not beat Leicester and that will be that I think. I'd say FSG will start sounding someone out if only as "the interim" to tighten the side up and lift the lack of confidence - someone like Tony Pulis maybe? ;) Imagine the explosion of outrage if that happened.

With a longer view we can all make a wish list

Diego Simeone, Jurgen Klopp, Steve McClaren er...

I think he accidentally the whole thing.

Who wants to be the 100th person to use that Rodgers quote about Spurs?

Fúck it, I'll take it...

"When you spend £100m, you should be winning the league."

Brendan Rodgers, Manager L.F.C.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,162 ✭✭✭Augmerson

I reckon he has got three games to save his career (as dramatic as that sounds),

Lose to Lugo (which would make Basel almost a dead rubber even if they also lose due to likely goal difference - though I suppose Real could put 5 past them without reply)

The Ludo game is massive. Lose and and that's the CL campaign over really. I also think the end would be on the cards.

However if Rodgers gets the club to the last 16 and makes a fair go and decent effort against whoever is in the next round but ultimately lose, I think FSG would give him more time, perhaps until the end of the season.

Lose and the pressure will be intense. Rodgers would be better off, and I hate saying this, letting the club lose to Basel in an attempt to avoid the bogey prize of the Europa League. The Europa League is the last thing we need.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 417 ✭✭Berti Vogts

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,725 ✭✭✭✭blueser

Chickens coming home to roost for Brendan now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,136 ✭✭✭✭Rayne Wooney

Looks like he needs a director of football, a director of defence and a director of words coming out of his mouth

• Registered Users Posts: 2,845 ✭✭✭Hidalgo

Don't forget to clock in tomorrow morning for Meltdown Monday.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,987 ✭✭✭Kerrigooney

I can't wait for the next international break :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,631 ✭✭✭✭Hank Scorpio

Chin up lads, when you're knocked out of the CL you`ll have more time to concentrate on the league

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,299 ✭✭✭djPSB

Lose to Lugo (which would make Basel almost a dead rubber even if they also lose due to likely goal difference - though I suppose Real could put 5 past them without reply), get beaten by Stoke and not beat Leicester and that will be that I think. I'd say FSG will start sounding someone out if only as "the interim" to tighten the side up and lift the lack of confidence - someone like Tony Pulis maybe? ;) Imagine the explosion of outrage if that happened.

Pardew.

Doesn't the league finish the week before the CL final.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭Soft Falling Rain

Is that quote going to be thrown out every time there's a bad result? Serious pain in me hole hearing it at this stage.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,340 ✭✭✭PropJoe10

Looks like he needs a director of football, a director of defence and a director of words coming out of his mouth

He needs a Director of Picking The Team as well, judging by the last few weeks!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

Is that quote going to be thrown out every time there's a bad result? Serious pain in me hole hearing it at this stage.

Don't go into the other Liverpool Superthread then. They're having a whale of a time. :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,985 ✭✭✭mikeym

At least Pardew responded well to the pressure from the fans, Brendan Rodgers has a tough job too but we are better than Palace,Newcastle and Hull and we should be beating these teams.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,188 ✭✭✭mosstin

What the actual ****? :confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,800 ✭✭✭✭Francie Barrett

Augmerson wrote: »
    Tk97CB7.jpg
    I said it last week, we had a handy run of games and that if we didn't start picking up wins, then Rodgers could be gone by Christmas.

Anything other than victory against Ludogrets and the pressure will mount even further. It doesn't look good though. What's scariest of all about us this season though is other than the Spurs game, we've shown nothing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,931 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

5live wrote: »

Journo's on BBC 5 Live, TalkSport, and a number of the podcast were all trying say the same thing during the week.

As someone said something is being leaked it might be coming from Liverpool or it might be coming from the England camp.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,931 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

mosstin wrote: »
    What the actual ****? :confused:

I wouldn't have him as manager but I would love to have McClaren in as a coach.

The guy is a world class coach and up to speed with everything good about coaching in todays world of football.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,987 ✭✭✭Kerrigooney

We have 26 games left. If we average 2 ppg for the rest of the season,which is looking very unlikely,we'll finish on 66 points.

Enjoy the champions league games lads because we ain't gonna be in it next season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,424 ✭✭✭Ciano35

I can't understand why the f*ck he has completely abandoned the diamond!!

Mignolet
    Manq - Toure - Sakho - Moreno
    Can
    Henderson - Cout/Lallana
    Sterling
    Lambert - Borini

Please!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

If you wait till the end of the season you may be able to tempt this guy back to England, least he has a bit of silverware to his name I suppose

david-moyes_2641120b.jpg

Which one?

There are literally, so many, to choose from when it comes to Rodgers talking ****

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,325 ✭✭✭smileyj1987

kryogen wrote: »
    If you wait till the end of the season you may be able to tempt this guy back to England, least he has a bit of silverware to his name I suppose

david-moyes_2641120b.jpg

Nah you can have him back at the end of day he is footballing genius that needs to be managing your club instead .

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,954 ✭✭✭garra

mikeym wrote: »
    At least Pardew responded well to the pressure from the fans, Brendan Rodgers has a tough job too but we are better than Palace,Newcastle and Hull and we should be beating these teams.

No we are not better than Palace, empirical evidence shows a recent 3:1 deficit, the memory of which you have banished with aplomb.

We are worse than Palace because we don't have a game plan or even the balls to compete properly. That 2nd goal was disgraceful, leaving a player un-marked after Lovren was drawn out of the centre. WTF is Gerrard doing? Should be expecting Bolasie to win that battle. Such a soft goal.

It's incredible how things have changed in a few years. Phone is hopping all evening.

rarnes1 wrote: »
    It's incredible how things have changed in a few years. Phone is hopping all evening.

Experienced a hell of a lot of that last year, and can only imagine it will be much worse for pool fans this year given the stick ye all surely gave to United supporting friends last year? The wound is still raw :)

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

We have 26 games left. If we average 2 ppg for the rest of the season,which is looking very unlikely,we'll finish on 66 points.

Enjoy the champions league games lads because we ain't gonna be in it next season.

The thing is 66 pts will probably be enough for 4th this year considering how poor most of the teams going for top 4 are. Personally I don't see us getting near that total. Utd have 19 pts from 12 and are 4th that's 57 after 36 games. The best we can hope for is that southampton get top 4 which they could well do this year as at least either arsenal or Utd would miss out.

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

rarnes1 wrote: »

It's funny how it's changed since yesterday afternoon. I'm sure all the utd fans annoyed by Liverpool fans last season are fuming at some of their fellow fans contributions today.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement