Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2014 - Mod Warning in OP, 10/12

Comments

kryogen wrote: »
    Experienced a hell of a lot of that last year, and can only imagine it will be much worse for pool fans this year given the stick ye all surely gave to United supporting friends last year? The wound is still raw :)

Slagging is all part and parcel.

Guys that "lost interest" the last 18 months that are now celebrating being 5 points ahead of Liverpool while being double digits behind the leaders are the ones that make me chuckle. Stp's as they are known (small time plastics) in my part of the world. Every fanbase has them as we know.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,299 ✭✭✭djPSB

Ciano35 wrote: »
    I can't understand why the f*ck he has completely abandoned the diamond!!

Mignolet
    Manq - Toure - Sakho - Moreno
    Can
    Henderson - Cout/Lallana
    Sterling
    Lambert - Borini

Please!

It's still a brutal team.

Lambert, Borini and Toure are no where near good enough.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Augmerson wrote: »
    The Ludo game is massive. Lose and and that's the CL campaign over really. I also think the end would be on the cards.

However if Rodgers gets the club to the last 16 and makes a fair go and decent effort against whoever is in the next round but ultimately lose, I think FSG would give him more time, perhaps until the end of the season.

Lose and the pressure will be intense. Rodgers would be better off, and I hate saying this, letting the club lose to Basel in an attempt to avoid the bogey prize of the Europa League. The Europa League is the last thing we need.

Agree with all that, the EL is just a scary thought - if it happened he'd end up
    thinking the side could win it and play Gerrard etc every game as well as every league game! I'd send the U21s to have two fun games (in which they might create a surprise) and be done with it.

Speaking of the Captain, I feel the best thing he could do for Liverpool and Rodgers is make the ultimate sacrifice and announce his retirement and so release his manager from his thrall unto Gerrard. Obviously he won't do that as player egos are massive.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

rarnes1 wrote: »

Guys that "lost interest" the last 18 months that are now celebrating being 5 points ahead of Liverpool while being double digits behind the leaders are the ones that make me chuckle. Stp's as they are known (small time plastics) in my part of the world. Every fanbase has them as we know.

On the other side of the coin they are acknowledging the fourth place trophy is their level.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

Stp's is a term I have not heard before, we just call them **** ;)

The most pathetic of "fans"

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

Also, Mr Alan coming in here just when we lose like this to slate Rodgers is just typical.

What? Oh.

kryogen wrote: »
    Stp's is a term I have not heard before, we just call them **** ;)

The most pathetic of "fans"

The worst kind.

Tend to "miss" the games when on a bad run but watch every second when on a good run!

Liverpool picked up loads of these fairweather fans last season. Last seen in 2008/09. I'm sure they'll be back in 5 years or so.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭MD1990

Anyone think Gerrard's contract situation is a factor in his performances? Its pretty obvious Johnson doesn't give a fuk anyway.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,931 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

MD1990 wrote: »
    Anyone think Gerrard's contract situation is a factor in his performances? Its pretty obvious Johnson doesn't give a fuk anyway.

No his legs are gone at a top level of football it really is that simple.

I think.

What about Loverns, Skrtels, Sterlings, Mignolets ? What's their excuses? Ballotelli?

All 4 have also been very poor this season, particularly the elder 3.

That's 3 seconds places in a row where the team has collapsed the following season.

Don't think it's a coincidence tbh.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,033 ✭✭✭Demosthenese

6 losses already this season, individuals not performing, strikers injured and not seen a situation like this since Leeds United got relegated ;) ... but what really worries me is that if you take the Spurs away performance out and the first 20 mins against Madrid home and away this season ... we have not once looked like a side that can achieve anything. We've been so bad at times you would need to ask a more serious question which is can BR get this group of players he has brought together firing or are we just postponing the inevitable?

We are not knee jerk reacting to whats happening it has been pretty horrible to be watching this team and their lack of ambition on the field for 6+ games now. I've said it many times, you do not need to be 60mill Luis Suarez to break your bollox running around the field and show some pride in your jersey. Can any player right now really say that they are giving it 100%?

Something is seriously wrong with the tempo so much that you would question if the players are going to play for their manager. His job is on the line here. Its begining to reek of the Moyes situation last season when some players have gone missing completely and others have lost faith in the manager. Although thankfully there are no noises coming from the dressingroom for now.

Lose the dressingroom lose your job. We will be out of the CL soon enough that's a certainty. It seems ludicrous to think we'd be in this position from last season and even from pre season friendlies. Obviously we'd all like to do a Pardue and win the next few but its worrying times.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 483 ✭✭Mr_Red

Turtyturd wrote: »
    On the other side of the coin they are acknowledging the fourth place trophy is their level.

Did you forget how to rip the piss

You were a professional at it 6 months ago.

nice to see you peeking out of your box

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,888 ✭✭✭✭klose

Yeah johnsons head is elsewhere, bizzare how he is still getting games.

MOTD 2 up next - now there are only two game so hopefully we'll get a bit of actual discussion. If so I'll bet no one mentions Gerrard or inappropriate formations or the managers insistence on playing favourites over those who deserve a chance.

What about Loverns, Skrtels, Sterlings, Mignolets ? What's their excuses? Ballotelli?

All 4 have also been very poor this season, particularly the elder 3.

That's 3 seconds places in a row where the team has collapsed the following season.

Don't think it's a coincidence tbh.
    Wouldn't put Sterling in the same bracket as those players. Lovren,Skrtel,Mignolet are just not good enough. Balotelli I still think can be a good player for us.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,162 ✭✭✭Augmerson

Hidalgo wrote: »
    Don't forget to clock in tomorrow morning for Meltdown Monday.

Alright, it's Monday!
    aaaand-send.gif

giphy.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 483 ✭✭Mr_Red

Liverpool are as screwed as about 17 other teams in the league.

United are playing just as bad but beside loads of injuries have had some luck

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,390 ✭✭✭Bowlardo

Feel a bit for Rogers, the players are not doing it for him but the buck stops with him.
    Massive game on Tuesday which can be won if we go out for it with the right team.

Manquillo toure skrtel moreno
    Allen Lucas Can
    Lallana Lambert sterling

Gerard legs are gone and should not be playing in the DM position anymore.
    I think last year was his fianl push. losing the league and the world cup broke his spirit. he doesn't look like he has the fire anymore.
    johnson is ****e and should have been off loaded in the summer
    Lorven is muck
    .Ballotelli was a terrible signing.
    Really made a bollox of not getting eto and remy instead of ballo and lambert.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,775 ✭✭✭✭Gbear

djPSB wrote: »

Good enough for what?

To beat Crystal Palace?

To beat Hull at home?

To not get utterly twatted by West Ham?

We're not trying to win the league here. We're just trying not to be utterly atrocious.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,888 ✭✭✭✭klose

MOTD 2 up next - now there are only two game so hopefully we'll get a bit of actual discussion. If so I'll bet no one mentions Gerrard or inappropriate formations or the managers insistence on playing favourites over those who deserve a chance.

Cant remember the last time ive seen MOTD, bad enough watching us play the once these days dont think i could sit through a second viewing.

Rodgers taking responsibility anyway which is good to see.

“I’ll take full responsibility for that [result],” said Rodgers. “I pick the team and put the players out there to perform. It’s my job and my responsibly and at the moment we’re not doing well enough.

“We had a couple of world class players up front [last season], which meant that side of our game, that attacking intent, was at a really high level. Obviously, that then sparks off other elements of your game because you win games that are tight and scoring goals gives you excellent confidence.

“It’s a brand new group with a lot of new players coming in. Those new players are working really hard to adapt themselves into the way we work at the club.

“We’ve had a lot of games and a lot less preparation time with the team, so when you put all of that together then it can be difficult.

“It’s my responsibility to send a team out to win and at the moment I’m not doing that.”

Read more at http://talksport.com/football/rodgers-im-fully-responsible-liverpools-poor-form-141123125996#wqxssYxMTYiOUQIY.99

He badly badly needs a win next league game.

Tbh, I'd go with the Madrid away team for the next few games.

You can be sure the youngsters at the club have more hunger than some of the older lads.

I wouldn't shed a tear if Skrtel, Gerrard or Johnson didn't play another second this season.

Gbear wrote: »
    Good enough for what?

To beat Crystal Palace?

To beat Hull at home?

We're not trying to win the league here. We're just trying not to be utterly atrocious.

The target is a top 4 finish.

Lambert, Borini and Toure are miles away from that level.

Gbear wrote: »
    Good enough for what?

To beat Crystal Palace?

To beat Hull at home?

Yeah, that's the funny thing. Surely those players mentioned are good enough to be fighting for top 10

The target is a top 4 finish.

Lambert, Borini and Toure are miles away from that level.

So who would you play up top when Ballotelli and Sturridge are injured?

Yeah, that's the funny thing. Surely those players mentioned are good enough to be fighting for top 10

Just about.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,424 ✭✭✭Ciano35

Surely they would put in better performances than the current team and formation though? Lovren and skrtel need to be given a kick up the arse and replaced by Sakho and toure, see how they get on together. Can would be much better than gerrard. 2 strikers up top should be much better also.

Johnson can just f*ck off somewhere far away. What an absolute prick, getting paid €120,000 a week and consistently plays like a donkey. Excuse of a player.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,588 ✭✭✭daithijjj

Thing is, the way LFC is operating now, people shouldnt even be arsed half as much about his performances as they should be about the possibility that we are in negotiations for a new contract. That's the level we have sunk to now on wages, offering a player who has been sh1te for ages a new deal. No matter how much we lowball him on wages its a bad decision. Where is the incentive from either party to improve?. How low do we think the hierarchy would go before they think that we could probably get better than Glen Johnson?.

As for Gerrard, i think that one is more difficult, like it or loathe it, he still gives us something we cant replace, thats both an indictment on the club's foresight to replace him and their overall strategic view.

So who would you play up top when Ballotelli and Sturridge are injured?

I'd go Borini I think.

With Sterling, Lallana, Coutinho, Henderson all in the team.

At least they can run and press teams.

But long term the likes of Balotelli and Borini aren't up to it. Sturridge is made of glass so needs to be treated as a luxury player.

I'd be signing two proven goalscorers in January to try replace the 50 goals we've lost from last season.

I'd go Borini I think.

With Sterling, Lallana, Coutinho, Henderson all in the team.

At least they can run and press teams.

But long term the likes of Balotelli and Borini aren't up to it. Sturridge is made of glass so needs to be treated as a luxury player.

I'd be signing two proven goalscorers in January to try replace the 50 goals we've lost from last season.

Agreed.

4 strikers are needed imo. (Obviously this is unlikely) Origi should come in as number 4.

I don't have much faith in Sturridge ever staying fit for a sustained period.

klose wrote: »
    Cant remember the last time ive seen MOTD, bad enough watching us play the once these days dont think i could sit through a second viewing.

I didn't watch the match only listened. As I predicted not a mention of any of the items I listed.
    daithijjj wrote: »
    As for Gerrard, i think that one is more difficult, like it or loathe it, he still gives us something we cant replace, thats both an indictment on the club's foresight to replace him and their overall strategic view.

What's he giving Liverpool? I just saw him get his pocket picked like a social drunk at 2 am.

• Advertisement

Agreed.

4 strikers are needed imo. (Obviously this is unlikely) Origi should come in as number 4.

I don't have much faith in Sturridge ever staying fit for a sustained period.

The whole striker problem was very foreseeable is the most disappointing thing.

We always knew Suarez wouldn't be waiting around for years and Sturridge can't be relied on with his injury record.

The Suarez replacement should have been lined up seasons ago and replaced in the same manner Athletico Madrid replaced their stars over the years.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,342 ✭✭✭Ardent

According to Phil Neville on MOTD, Liverpool fans have unrealistic expectations of the club this season. Prior to last season, LFC typically finished 7th or 8th in the table and, if you take away Suarez's goals, they would have finished around the same position last season. He believes Brendan Rodgers is the right man for the job.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,564 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

Look lads don't worry. If we compare this result to last season, we didn't lose any of our league games after the game at Selhurst Park last season.
    Its in the bag, our year.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,162 ✭✭✭Augmerson

Ardent wrote: »
    According to Phil Neville on MOTD, Liverpool fans have unrealistic expectations of the club this season. Prior to last season, LFC typically finished 7th or 8th in the table and, if you take away Suarez's goals, they would have finished around the same position last season. He believes Brendan Rodgers is the right man for the job.

Maybe if it was Gary talking I'd view his opinion with a bit more gravity but Phil Neville can **** off.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,365 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

It's almost like he's an ex-Utd and Everton player.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,564 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

Phil Neville is a jackass so.
    Since 1960 the club has came 7th or 8th on eight occasions with only three of those being since 2000

So, just watched MOTD now, my first time watching the horror show that happened earlier, and my thoughts -

Coutinho is a player of extremes, he either has a breathtakingly brilliant game or he stinks the place out. Looks like the bad Coutinho turned today - constantly giving the ball away.

I don't see how Gerrard was to blame for the first goal. Nobody dribbled past him as described by some on here. Allen was more to blame - I think it was Allen - for committing himself and not getting the ball.

Lovren is a f*cking unmitigated disaster. If Rodgers lose his job, it'll be because of this guy. WTF was he doing for the second CP goal???

I can only imagine how frustrating this game must have been to watch live.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

Phil Neville must have a couple of accounts on here.

Neville was talking about 2009-13 as that was the graphic being used in the programme. He was being far too generous as he described them as Europa League finishes, when in fact LFC got one berth due to winning the League Cup.

OwaynOTT wrote: »
    Phil Neville is a jackass so.
    Since 1960 the club has came 7th or 8th on eight occasions with only three of those being since 2000

I'm sure he was referring to the last 5 years or so.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,395 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

According to Phil Neville on MOTD, Liverpool fans have unrealistic expectations of the club this season.

Hoping to get a top 4 spot is hardly an unrealistic expectation especially this season given how crap so many teams have been playing.

In other words he's talking through his hoop.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,588 ✭✭✭daithijjj

I didn't watch the match only listened. As I predicted not a mention of any of the items I listed.

What's he giving Liverpool? I just saw him get his pocket picked like a social drunk at 2 am.

More than Lucas and Allen have contributed over the last 2 years.

So, just watched MOTD now, my first time watching the horror show that happened earlier, and my thoughts -

Coutinho is a player of extremes, he either has a breathtakingly brilliant game or he stinks the place out. Looks like the bad Coutinho turned today - constantly giving the ball away.

I don't see how Gerrard was to blame for the first goal. Nobody dribbled past him as described by some on here. Allen was more to blame - I think it was Allen - for committing himself and not getting the ball.

Lovren is a f*cking unmitigated disaster. If Rodgers lose his job, it'll be because of this guy. WTF was he doing for the second CP goal???

Allen was not on the pitch at the time. He was gettin treatment & was off the pitch.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,033 ✭✭✭Demosthenese

Feeding off MOTD highlights myself .... think Allen was off the field for the first goal with head injury? Other than that totally agree with you over Lovren. His whole body language is wrong. Laboured on the ball and for such a big guy he is not dominating the headers like a centre half should. Same should be said for Skrtel though ... think of it like this, ball goes up in the air between John Terry/Cahill and they win 90% of the aeriel battles ... our lads get bullied too easily and are too busy grabbing jerseys. Its just pityful. I had high hopes for Lovren but is turning out to be a nightmare.

Hoping to get a top 4 spot is hardly an unrealistic expectation especially this season given how crap so many teams have been playing.

In other words he's talking through his hoop.

They are your hopes, he was talking about winning the league having finished 2nd last season. He said nothing wrong at all but has been badly represented by Ardent and those reacting to what they didn't see or hear. or the context the words were spoken in.

daithijjj wrote: »
    More than Lucas and Allen have contributed over the last 2 years.

That's old news then, what is he contributing this season?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,438 ✭✭✭5live

I'm surprised nobody has blamed Sakho yet.

#itsalwaysSakhosfault

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,142 ✭✭✭Pilsbury Doughboy

The worst kind.

Tend to "miss" the games when on a bad run but watch every second when on a good run!

Liverpool picked up loads of these fairweather fans last season. Last seen in 2008/09. I'm sure they'll be back in 5 years or so.

There was a few posters on here claiming they wouldn't be able to sit through our game this week, so we have plenty of those fans about alright.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,188 ✭✭✭mosstin

That's old news then, what is he contributing this season?

What is anyone contributing this season?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,584 ✭✭✭pmy.murphy

January is a crucial crucial window. The first team desperately lacks leaders, first of all reinstate Sakho when he returns, I never want to see Lovren in a LFC shirt again. Disaster is describing him lightly. Skrtel seems to be playing the wrong sport and is more focussed on wrestling and dragging than he is the ball, a new right sided defender is needed...If Sakho is actually sold then Im afraid all confidence I had in Brendan will be gone. He is definately the best defender we do have

A real leader in midfield is needed badly preferably the holding midfield role. Really dont like Joe Allen and never have done. Has never done anything to justify his price tag and although he can be decent at times he just doesnt do enough for me considering what was paid for him.

New striker is a given too and not a cheap Lambert type signing, someone with real pedigree at both club and International level that will score us goals not some in form journeyman who will be on the bench most of the time. That signing always baffled me anyway and I was never in favour of it

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement