Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2014 - Mod Warning in OP, 10/12

Comments

I'm optimistic of a decent 2nd half to season. Henderson & sterling to find form, sturridge to play some games. Too many are forgetting Lambert will score a few if played, balotelli might even score some for us.

CL on Wed, enjoy the moment and fingers crossed :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

Anyone got that other post Willy got spot on and was unjustly laughed at?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 687 ✭✭✭Dayum

Augeo wrote: »
    I'm optimistic of a decent 2nd half to season. Henderson & sterling to find form, sturridge to play some games. Too many are forgetting Lambert will score a few if played, balotelli might even score some for us.

CL on Wed, enjoy the moment and fingers crossed :)

I reckon Liverpool will win on Wednesday.

The real decider isn't for another 2 weeks.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,365 ✭✭✭Crash Bang Wall

bad2dabone wrote: »
    I understand why Rodgers is under pressure but I don't think giving him the bullet is the answer.

The answer is Rodgers needs to get his head out of his ar$e and pick a proper balanced team, with a proper DM, and at least make us hard to beat. Gerrard should be playing further forward or not at all.

We are not scoring playing attacking football, so focus on defence, stop conceeding sh!tty goals, and build a bit of team spirit and confidence

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,342 ✭✭✭Ardent

klose wrote: »
    Rodgers deserves time to turn things around but if he blindly continues with skrtel/lovren/johnson/gerrard as default starters despite how laughable they've been thus far i dont think many could complain if he got sacked if things kept going the same way.
    Ideally he would turn to the other players in the squad and switch things up but im not confident of that at all for wednesday. <insert einstein insanity quote here>

Apparently there's talk on RAWK of unrest behind the scenes and Gerrard dictating the team selection. Dunno if true or not, but would explain a lot.

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

Ardent wrote: »
    Apparently there's talk on RAWK of unrest behind the scenes and Gerrard dictating the team selection. Dunno if true or not, but would explain a lot.

If that's true, then if nothing else he's failing his player manager interview.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Sheyi Ojo scores twice for England tonight, the 2nd was a peach.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,564 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

5starpool wrote: »
    I did, but I'm sick of picking up after your mistakes. It's time you improved or your position will be under threat.

Is that immediate threat?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,073 ✭✭✭Devilman40k

Ardent wrote: »

If that was true at any club(and I doubt it) then BOTH player and manager should go.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,188 ✭✭✭mosstin

If that's true, then if nothing else he's failing his player manager interview.

"Talk on RAWK" should be considered in the same light as Jim Corr's musings on world affairs.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,800 ✭✭✭✭Francie Barrett

8-10 wrote: »
    He has a point in fairness. That post looks spot on so far
    There's nothing wrong with the post. Most people on here knew that last year was our big shot at the title and trying to get top 4 was going to be an uphill battle with United likely to be stronger next year. The problem in all this is who is making the point. If willmunny told me the sky was blue, I would still stick my head out the window to check.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,044 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

There's nothing wrong with the post. Most people on here knew that last year was our big shot at the title and trying to get top 4 was going to be an uphill battle with United likely to be stronger next year. The problem in all this is who is making the point. If willmunny told me the sky was blue, I would still stick my head out the window to check.

I also never give any credence to anyone who says "I was ridiculed/persecuted/laughed at etc for saying X" without including the examples of said derision. Always just comes across as a little crazy. "you'll see...You'll All See!...Muahahahahaha" etc.

To be honest, I think at the beginning of the season everyone would have been perfectly happy with top 4. My target was as it always has been, 2points per game, which usually guarantees a top four finish. Unfortunately we're well off that, but stating top 4 as our aim (rather than title) at the beginning was far from outrageous or prophetic.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,033 ✭✭✭Demosthenese

~Rebel~ wrote: »
    I also never give any credence to anyone who says "I was ridiculed/persecuted/laughed at etc for saying X" without including the examples of said derision. Always just comes across as a little crazy. "you'll see...You'll All See!...Muahahahahaha" etc.

To be honest, I think at the beginning of the season everyone would have been perfectly happy with top 4. My target was as it always has been, 2points per game, which usually guarantees a top four finish. Unfortunately we're well off that, but stating top 4 as our aim (rather than title) at the beginning was far from outrageous or prophetic.

Start of the season we all knew our big chance was missed and that Chelsea in particular would be stronger. At this point, i'd accept a couple of decent team performances that would even suggest we are making progress again. Then we can worry about top4. That's how far we've slipped.

• Registered Users Posts: 452 ✭✭Bloc Party!

Lads, where's the best place to get tickets for any of the home games from around the start of February to the middle of March? Thinking of bringing herself to one of the games. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,987 ✭✭✭Kerrigooney

Lads, where's the best place to get tickets for any of the home games from around the start of February to the middle of March? Thinking of bringing herself to one of the games. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Are you trying to get rid of her?

:P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,325 ✭✭✭smileyj1987

Back in June I was unjustly persecuted for the post above.

Ironically now it seems i was in fact too lenient as Liverpool have disintegrated far worse than I ever thought they would of this season.

If Rodgers doesn't pull something out of the bag soon they'll be in a relegation battle, it must be very worrying for Pool fans as the players look disinterested and dejected.

Ah Jaysus buddy you made it back onto boards ;-) long time no speak you missed some great posts earlier in this on fair weather fans . You should have a browse of them , you might enjoy reading about yourself ;-)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,309 ✭✭✭T-K-O

Ah Jaysus buddy you made it back onto boards ;-) long time no speak you missed some great posts earlier in this on fair weather fans . You should have a browse of them , you might enjoy reading about yourself ;-)

Aye between that and the endless list of hipster signings :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,662 ✭✭✭Luckycharms_74

Liverpool vs Palace MNF assessment

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x2azdie_mnf_tech

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,213 ✭✭✭shamrock55

When we fail to win on wed night and again on sat at home to stoke i think brendans time could be up

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,791 ✭✭✭✭Charlie19

Liverpool vs Palace MNF assessment

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x2azdie_mnf_tech

What Carra said about Gerrard pretty much echoes whats been said on here from most quarters. I dont agree with him about putting Gerrard at the tip of diamond as I think he wont get enough of the ball and will do the exact same thing as Couthinio and drop deeper into midfield.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,162 ✭✭✭Augmerson

shamrock55 wrote: »
    When we fail to win on wed night and again on sat at home to stoke i think brendans time could be up

When we fail to win?

Ah come on the ball hasn't been kicked yet.

Confidence is low and results are bad but Wednesday is winnable and if we do win it puts us in better ways for the weekend.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,365 ✭✭✭Crash Bang Wall

Charlie19 wrote: »
    What Carra said about Gerrard pretty much echoes whats been said on here from most quarters. I dont agree with him about putting Gerrard at the tip of diamond as I think he wont get enough of the ball and will do the exact same thing as Couthinio and drop deeper into midfield.

Dropping back into MF with Gerrard isnt the problem.....Gerrard being the DM is what is the problem....with Gerrard at least

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,213 ✭✭✭shamrock55

Augmerson wrote: »
    When we fail to win?

Ah come on the ball hasn't been kicked yet.

Confidence is low and results are bad but Wednesday is winnable and if we do win it puts us in better ways for the weekend.

We are guaranteed to concede at least 1 goal, and i cant see where 2 or more goals will come from in any match atm

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,510 ✭✭✭✭noodler

I honestly can't envisage anyway we could win barring a Ludogrets meltdown.

Doesn't really matter if Basle get a result Vs Madrid, does it?

noodler wrote: »
    I honestly can't envisage anyway we could win barring a Ludogrets meltdown.

Doesn't really matter if Basle get a result Vs Madrid, does it?

Of course it does. If we get a worse result than Basle (i.e. lose and they draw, or draw and they win) then we are out. If we get the same result as them then it's still in our own hands. If we get a better result then any win against Basel will do as opposed to needing to win by 2 if we match their result.

If we both lose then it's interesting as all 3 teams could end up on 6 points and there would be a few permutations there, but I think that us winning by 2 (and Madrid beat Ludogorets) would be enough to put us through in a mini league.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Yes! and more than that Liverpool need Real to put about 5 past them due to head to head (if that counts) and goal difference.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,510 ✭✭✭✭noodler

Of course it does. If we get a worse result than Basle (i.e. lose and they draw, or draw and they win) then we are out. If we get the same result as them then it's still in our own hands. If we get a better result then any win against Basel will do as opposed to needing to win by 2 if we match their result.

If we both lose then it's interesting as all 3 teams could end up on 6 points and there would be a few permutations there, but I think that us winning by 2 (and Madrid beat Ludogorets) would be enough to put us through in a mini league.

Of course, you are right.

I was just thinking along the lines of "if we win" then it doesn't matter what happens with Basle-Madrid.

Yes! and more than that Liverpool need Real to put about 5 past them due to head to head (if that counts) and goal difference.

As long as Real win it doesn't matter i think. It'd only matter if we finish level with only Basel and beat them 1-0, so it's all tied on head to head, but the only way that can happen is is we both draw tonight (otherwise Ludogorets would be part of a 3 way tie, or even pip up with a result in Madrid in game 6). If we finish level with only Basel and level on head to head by beating them 1-0 at home, then we go out, it's as simple as that unless we can beat Ludogorets by 4 goals and Basel beat Real by 1 goal.

It's actually annoying how many media outlets are reporting that the game tomorrow is a must win, although since Real are through Basel might sneak something.

It's a might-need-to-win really.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,889 ✭✭✭✭klose

Lloyd jones and jordan williams were training with the team before they head off today, probably wont be involved tomorrow in any case id imagine. Hendo trained too and no balotelli, no mention of sakho.

• Advertisement

It's actually annoying how many media outlets are reporting that the game tomorrow is a must win, although since Real are through Basel might sneak something.

Really the club should aim to win every game possible. Regardless of what other teams are doing and how the group is panning out.

HOWEVER.......Europa League.....avoid avoid avoid.....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,980 ✭✭✭doc_17

Yeah avoid the Europa League. A pure and utter disaster of a competition

For Liverpool sake, I think Brendan Rodgers should stay until the end of the season regardless of what happens over the coming weeks. Liverpool will not be in the Champions League next year in any event so it's better to finish outside a Europa place to really allow whoever comes in to focus on rebuilding that team without the distractions of mid-week matches.

Really the club should aim to win every game possible. Regardless of what other teams are doing and how the group is panning out.

HOWEVER.......Europa League.....avoid avoid avoid.....

Well obviously they will be aiming to win the game.

Also, I can't understand people not wanting us to be in the Europa League if we get knocked out of the CL, especially since there is a CL place for the winner now.

I thought if we win tomorrow and beat basle by 2 or more we qualify regardless of other results no?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,504 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

Lloyd jones and jordan williams were training with the team before they head off today, probably wont be involved tomorrow in any case id imagine. Hendo trained too and no balotelli, no mention of sakho.

Beginning to think this has absolutely nothing to do with an injury anymore.
    I'll be surprised if he wears our shirt again tbh.

Well obviously they will be aiming to win the game.

Also, I can't understand people not wanting us to be in the Europa League if we get knocked out of the CL, especially since there is a CL place for the winner now.

Bohemians have a better chance of winning the Champions League than Liverpool do of winning the Europa. The only thing qualification for the Europa will do is wither away Liverpools performances even more.

I thought if we win tomorrow and beat basle by 2 or more we qualify regardless of other results no?

We do, but that is not the only way we can qualify by any means. We can still qualify with a draw or a loss even tomorrow if the Basel - Madrid result goes in our favour.

martyos121 wrote: »
    Beginning to think this has absolutely nothing to do with an injury anymore.
    I'll be surprised if he wears our shirt again tbh.

He posts every once in a while of facebook etc that hes doing rehab work over in france but i do think rodgers has it out for him. Hope he gets back in the team soon.

• Advertisement

Dayum wrote: »
    Bohemians have a better chance of winning the Champions League than Liverpool do of winning the Europa. The only thing qualification for the Europa will do is weather away Liverpools performances even more.

Well what is the point of even fúcking trying then? Why care if we finish 10th this season?

Wednesday I'go with 4-2-2-2.

Migs.

Manquillo, Toure, Skrtel and Moreno.

Allen and Can as DM's.

Lallana and Countinho.

Then Sterling with Borini just ahead of him.

Lambear and Gerrard can come on 2nd half depending on how it turns out. Dunno 3rd sub.

EDIT: Lucas 3rd sub.

Gerrard will start, no point anyone posting lineups without him. Henderson will come in for Lallana, possibly Moreno for Manquillo and maybe Borini for Lambert and Markovic for Coutinho. The rest will be those who started on Saturday I predict, with no more than those 3 potential changes.

Well what is the point of even fúcking trying then? Why care if we finish 10th this season?

A huge amount of people have already written this season off anyway.

It's clear that this squad of players is simply not good enough to be challenging in the Champions League - it's just not their standard of football. To become a regular in the CL you need quality. Simple as that. Liverpool haven't got it. Without SAS they've shown very little which equates to those players now being nothing but merely passengers last year.

The team needs a complete overhaul. Qualifying for the Europa will just prolong that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,335 ✭✭✭Bandana boy

Bohemians have a better chance of winning the Champions League than Liverpool do of winning the Europa.

I will point out that you are very very wrong and leave it at that.

Gerrard will start, no point anyone posting lineups without him. Henderson will come in for Lallana, possibly Moreno for Manquillo and maybe Borini for Lambert and Markovic for Coutinho. The rest will be those who started on Saturday I predict, with no more than those 3 potential changes.

Marko is injured non?

• Advertisement

Some talk linking Klopp with Liverpool but why would he choose Liverpool when Pellegrini is getting the sack at the end of the season? :confused:

A huge amount of people have already written this season off anyway.

It's clear that this squad of players is simply not good enough to be challenging in the Champions League - it's just not their standard of football. To become a regular in the CL you need quality. Simple as that. Liverpool haven't got it. Without SAS they've shown very little which equates to those players now being nothing but merely passengers last year.

The team needs a complete overhaul. Qualifying for the Europa will just prolong that.

People use the EL as an excuse (managers as well as fans). I'm talking about this season anyhow, not next season (although my point is still valid then too). If we finish 3rd in our group and qualify for the EL after Christmas I'd prefer that than finishing 4th, especially as it might be the last European football we see for a while.

You are also effectively saying that unless we are in the top 4 you don't want us to win the league or FA cups, which is madness.
    Marko is injured non?

Is he? I thought he was on the bench on Saturday, but presumably not then.

People use the EL as an excuse (managers as well as fans). I'm talking about this season anyhow, not next season (although my point is still valid then too). If we finish 3rd in our group and qualify for the EL after Christmas I'd prefer that than finishing 4th, especially as it might be the last European football we see for a while.

You are also effectively saying that unless we are in the top 4 you don't want us to win the league or FA cups, which is madness.

Is he? I thought he was on the bench on Saturday, but presumably not then.

What I'm saying is that the less competitions Liverpool are in the better position the new manager will be in having less distractions. The Capital One/F.A Cups are a given. Liverpool haven't got a hope in hell of qualifying for the Champions League in May. They had one chance to cement their position this past summer and they bought overpriced, overpaid, overrated players. They've pissed away 120m. To get the Falcao's, Aguero's and Costa's of this world you have to be prepared to pay their wages - that's something Liverpool just don't want to do. If you want to hang with the big boys, then let's see how big your wallet is.

What I'm saying is that the less competitions Liverpool are in the better position the new manager will be in having less distractions. The Capital One/F.A Cups are a given. Liverpool haven't got a hope in hell of qualifying for the Champions League in May. They had one chance to cement their position this past summer and they bought overpriced, overpaid, overrated players. They've pissed away 120m. To get the Falcao's, Aguero's and Costa's of this world you have to be prepared to pay their wages - that's something Liverpool just don't want to do. If you want to hang with the big boys, then let's see how big your wallet is.

So many things wrong with your posts. We don't have a new manager for one.

So many things wrong with your posts. We don't have a new manager for one.

Put a couple a quid on Rodgers getting the sack.

You'll thank me in June. ;)

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement