Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2014 - Mod Warning in OP, 10/12

Comments

Nerdlingr wrote: »
    Christ how we could do with someone like Didi now!

We could do with a pair of Didi's to protect our defence tbh

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,889 ✭✭✭✭The Moldy Gowl

It looks bad though - regardless of how "professional" both parties are being about it.

Why does it look bad? Because it writes its own narrative about gerrad being his boss and pressuring him into playing?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,931 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Nerdlingr wrote: »
    Christ how we could do with someone like Didi now!

Rodgers probably wouldn't play him or if he did it wouldn't be in the DM role.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,592 ✭✭✭brevity

Don't **** where you eat is the point I guess some people are trying to make.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,162 ✭✭✭Augmerson

Why does it look bad? Because it writes its own narrative about gerrad being his boss and pressuring him into playing?

"Look Stevie you're not going to make the cut for this Ludo game on Wednesday"

"Then get out of my gaff you prick"

"Ah ok, on second thoughts you're in!"

You are trying too hard.

• Advertisement

Augmerson wrote: »
    "Look Stevie you're not going to make the cut for this Ludo game on Wednesday"

"Then get out of my gaff you prick"

"Ah ok, on second thoughts you're in!"

You are trying too hard.

..or you are trying too hard to make a non story, a story.

He cant just evict him like that, I dont think rodgers is too hard pressed for cash.

You must think rodgers is weak.

You must think rodgers is weak.

I think Rodgers is a lot of things but weak isn't one of them.

You just basically implied that if he told Gerard he was dropped and if he said no. Rodgers would say ok no problem.

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

rarnes1 wrote: »
    We could do with a pair of Didi's to protect our defence tbh

We've got plenty of tits in our defence though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,188 ✭✭✭mosstin

mada999 wrote: »
    well at least Jim C was right about the water charges etc etc...

That's at least one etc too many when it comes to Jim Corr.

• Advertisement

Didi was so good people didn't appreciate his qualities until he was gone. No fuss - just win the ball, recirculate/pass and carry on. The goals he scored were crackers as a rule!

It looks bad though - regardless of how "professional" both parties are being about it.

This is a nonsense. There are very few Pool fans who didn't appreciate Didi throughout his time at the club. Superb player for us.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,066 ✭✭✭Washington Irving

Goal Suarez

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,800 ✭✭✭✭Francie Barrett

Goal Suarez
    Makes me sad seeing him in a Barcelona shirt.

Goal Suarez

*wipes eyes

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,298 ✭✭✭✭rob316

Goal out of nothing I remember them.

Goal alonso

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,648 ✭✭✭mav79

Suarez and Xabi!! ahh come on!!!!!!!!

Suarez with a sexy goal! Hope he scores a billion goals this season

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,066 ✭✭✭Washington Irving

:(

• Registered Users Posts: 5,347 ✭✭✭Quandary

I would agree with you apart from his handling of Gerrard. He doesn't seem to have the balls to drop him despite having a more effective DM on the bench in Emre Can.

I've been fairly impressed with Can any time ive seen him play. All of my Liverpool supporting mates want to see Gerrard dropped in favour of him.

I think until Rogers stops trying to shoehorn Gerrard into the team the midfield will always be a weak point, especially against high pressing opposition teams

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,889 ✭✭✭✭klose

Suarez with a sexy goal! Hope he scores a billion goals this season

Only scores against average/poor teams mate.

What we saw away to Madrid even thought we lost was a leader in the CB role in Toure and a real DM in Lucas.

That is what we don't have with Gerrard in the starting line up.

We lose a DM and we loss a leader on the pitch that gives the defence confidence.

When Gerrad plays all the other players around look to him for the answers which he doesn't have in the DM role.

Untill Rodgers can see that we are fcuked.

mosstin wrote: »
    This is a nonsense. There are very few Pool fans who didn't appreciate Didi throughout his time at the club. Superb player for us.

Fcuking loved didi, hes the kind of guy we are missing in midfield these days. Had an absolute pinger of a shot on him too.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,724 ✭✭✭gafferino

The pressing of this Munich team is fantastic. Apart from being great players they have a serious system going on. We need to get back to that, I'm not sure where or why the pressing is gone.

gafferino wrote: »
    The pressing of this Munich team is fantastic. Apart from being great players they have a serious system going on. We need to get back to that, I'm not sure where or why the pressing is gone.

Now it's just depressing

Ba dum tish

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,648 ✭✭✭mav79

Also great to see a 33 year old Alonso constantly tracking his runner and not just watching the ball. A few times at the end of the half he seamlessly dropped into defence when Dante stepped out.

A good few people turned their noses up at talk of Alonso in the summer. Would have been an asset for sure.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,222 ✭✭✭✭Will I Amnt

If I could thank that twice I... hmmmm.

329594.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,592 ✭✭✭brevity

Rarnes1 got mad skills yo.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,407 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

A good few people turned their noses up at talk of Alonso in the summer. Would have been an asset for sure.

How dare you suggest we sign a proven player in their thirties? The likes of Markovic are the way forward haven't you heard? £20m of potential. We don't ever need quality so long as we have the potential for quality. Genius.

I was one shows how much I know, he's sensational tonight just pure class. So calm in possession and his positioning is world class.

He's like a fine wine just gets better with age.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,739 ✭✭✭ASOT

rob316 wrote: »
    I was one shows how much I know, he's sensational tonight just pure class. So calm in possession and his positioning is world class.

He's like a fine wine just gets better with age.

Hes been sensational in every game hes played for far for Bayern, ridiculously good in there system. Possibly the best Alonso iv seen in a long time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,363 ✭✭✭JohnDaniels

He would have been our best player. He is currently having an incredible season.
    Even Bayern’s opponents have been amazed. “The first 20 minutes against Schalke were a revelation for me,” said the Borussia Dortmund manager Jürgen Klopp after Alonso’s debut for Bayern at the end of August less than two days after his sudden transfer from Real Madrid. “It was crazy, I have never seen such a thing,” Klopp added. What wowed the Dortmund coach was the immaculate way in which Alonso orchestrated his new side despite being unfamiliar with his team-mates. The Spain manager, Vicente del Bosque, though well aware of Alonso’s abilities, was also impressed and said the seamlessness way Alonso adapted to a new team and a new league was “utter madness”.

He has been MOTM in half their games since then recently breaking the record for most touches in a Bundesliga game. He has completed nearly 400 more passes than any other player in the German top-flight. German papers have taken to calling him 'Magneto' such is his control of the football.

LuckyLloyd wrote: »
    How dare you suggest we sign a proven player in their thirties? The likes of Markovic are the way forward haven't you heard? £20m of potential. We don't ever need quality so long as we have the potential for quality. Genius.

Read an Alonso interview recently and he said no premier league club approached him in the summer. Very surprised to hear that.

ASOT wrote: »
    Hes been sensational in every game hes played for far for Bayern, ridiculously good in there system. Possibly the best Alonso iv seen in a long time.

He was class for Madrid too.

Sick we didn't go for him in the summer tbh. The committee are bloody clueless.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

I'd not expect him to flourish in the "ankle-biting" Prem again to be honest. In the CL he'd clearly be an asset, the game suits him at this level. In Germany Bayern are a division better than everyone else - its easy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,739 ✭✭✭ASOT

He was class for Madrid too.

Sick we didn't go for him in the summer tbh. The committee are bloody clueless.

Yeah he was one player I would have loved to bring back, Unreal for Real but absolutely excelling in Bayerns system at the age he is is incredible!

Where would Alonso have played? :(

There is one person in that role now and he won't taken out of that role!:mad:

We've never actually replaced Alonso! Pretty staggering.

We've never actually replaced Alonso! Pretty staggering.

Excuse me!

58658.jpg

*cough*

and don't forget how close Liverpool were to Gareth Barry.

• Advertisement

Anyway Alonso....:o

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

Alonso one of the very best midfielders of the pl era. Masch alonso Gerrard what a midfield combo.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,299 ✭✭✭djPSB

Boo Boo by Xabi...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,361 ✭✭✭YouTookMyName

Dayum wrote: »
    For Liverpool sake, I think Brendan Rodgers should stay until the end of the season regardless of what happens over the coming weeks. Liverpool will not be in the Champions League next year in any event so it's better to finish outside a Europa place to really allow whoever comes in to focus on rebuilding that team without the distractions of mid-week matches.

Hate this bollix of a attitude towards the europa league.

If we were in the the past few seasons maybe we'd have better european experience a higher co-efficent in uefa and a better rating in the CL draw.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,030 ✭✭✭✭GBX

Excuse me!

58658.jpg

*cough*

and don't forget how close Liverpool were to Gareth Barry.

You just put the hoodoo on him. Look what he's only gone and done :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 849 ✭✭✭Connavar

How I miss having a striker(fit) who can do stuff like that

Guardiola there with an ode to rodgers on his defending.

Hate this bollix of a attitude towards the europa league.

If we were in the the past few seasons maybe we'd have better european experience a higher co-efficent in uefa and a better rating in the CL draw.

Bring back the Intertoto Cup I say.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,414 ✭✭✭Lord Trollington

Looking at Augero tonight has made me realise that there was no way Suarez should have been allowed leave unless we had a world class replacement practically signed before he left.

What a complete cluster fcuk

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement