Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2014 - Mod Warning in OP, 10/12

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,616 ✭✭✭atilladehun

Hate this bollix of a attitude towards the europa league.

If we were in the the past few seasons maybe we'd have better european experience a higher co-efficent in uefa and a better rating in the CL draw.

I'd love to see a study on premier league teams and results straight after Europa League games. It seems to me even when they make 10 changes for the next game they still lose.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,987 ✭✭✭Kerrigooney

Cheeky £100m bid for Aguero anyone?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,361 ✭✭✭YouTookMyName

James Pearce ‏@JamesPearceEcho 3h3 hours ago
    Rodgers: I've shown in my time here as manager I don't deal on sentiment. Nothing sentimental about me picking Steven Gerrard. #LFC .

full of shíte

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Spare us.

“For me it's simple, I judge Steven on merit,” Rodgers said.

“The spotlight he has been under has been incredible.

“People expect Steven to be the type of player he was 10 or 12 years ago but sadly that's not the case.

“Steven has been slowly adapting to a position I felt would really benefit the team - the playmaking role behind.

“That player who scored 15 a season and made 13 or 14 assists, he's not that type of player anymore. It's hugely unfair he gets judged on that level.

“He's a wonderful player, I can safely say he's the best player I've ever worked with – his mentality, commitment and loyalty he's shown the football club has been incredible.

“I've shown in my time here as manager that I don't deal in sentiment. There is nothing sentimental about me picking Steven.

“I judge him on what I see on the training field. I see the influence he has with the other players.

“Of course he's coming to the latter part of his career but he still has a big contribution to make for me.

“He can play three games a week but not to the level he would like or I would like so it's up to me to manage that.

“It's fairly easy to manage because he's such a top class professional player. He accepts what's best for Liverpool. He knows that every decision is in the best interests of the club.”

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,361 ✭✭✭YouTookMyName

Well at least someone is laughing.

B3UZBdtCIAAbPru.jpg

If Rodgers really feels like that,it'll be the end of him imo.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,739 ✭✭✭ASOT

This thread is bad luck, anytime we praise a player they do something stupid.

ASOT wrote: »

Ludogorets are probably the best team in the world right now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,931 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

We haven't been praising any Liverpool players this season and something stupid still happens a couple times every game.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

Ludogorets are probably the best team in the world right now.

To win the CL you have to beat the best.

Turtyturd wrote: »
    To win the CL you have to beat the best.

True. And if we can overcome the might of Ludo,it should be plain sailing.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,629 ✭✭✭googled eyes

:rolleyes:

The Suarez money is gone dude. :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,592 ✭✭✭brevity

True. And if we can overcome the might of Ludo,it should be plain sailing.

A good throw of the dice, move into the right space and we're sorted!

ludo_full_big.jpg

:rolleyes:

The Suarez money is gone dude. :P

And we spent it so well...

I think the Ludogorets goalkeeper is a genius.

Zero chance of putting anything past him tomorrow.

Best keeper in Europe

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

brevity wrote: »
    Rarnes1 got mad skills yo.

He meant to thank it again with one of his other accounts

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

rarnes1 wrote: »
    I think the Ludogorets goalkeeper is a genius.

Zero chance of putting anything past him tomorrow.

Best keeper in Europe

They could have me in goal and still have a great chance to win.

Ludogorets around 3/1 to win.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,771 ✭✭✭michael999999

The club doctor would be sectioned I'd say!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,342 ✭✭✭Ardent

This quarter back/playmaker role gerrard is playing is not really helping the team. He drops so deep - he's almost like a centre back at times - that he ends up dragging the entire midfield back, creating massive gaps to the strikers and huge holes down the channels when the full backs get forward. Then there's his general lethargy which is also worrying.

Rodgers is in a tough spot.

Suarez kidnapped Peters and brought him to Barca didn't he, that's why we've become so sh!t

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,035 ✭✭✭✭J Mysterio

greendom wrote: »
    Gerrard is Rodgers' landlord ? That's pretty bizarre !

Is there any truth to this? Source?

Blame Suarez.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,889 ✭✭✭✭klose

Ardent wrote: »
    This quarter back/playmaker role gerrard is playing is not really helping the team. He drops so deep - he's almost like a centre back at times - that he ends up dragging the entire midfield back, creating massive gaps to the strikers and huge holes down the channels when the full backs get forward. Then there's his general lethargy which is also worrying.

Rodgers is in a tough spot.

Yeah thats true, plus hes pinging balls (inaccurately) up to the likes of borini/markovic/sterling these days who are all frail and short, defenders will be only too happy for is to play like that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 687 ✭✭✭Dayum

Suarez kidnapped Peters and brought him to Barca didn't he, that's why we've become so sh!t

SAS scored 52 goals in the league only last season.

Without those 52 goals, where would Liverpool be? Answer: It's where they'd be right now.

Of those 52, Suarez scored 31! That's Cristiano Ronaldo territory!!! In fact, Ronaldo only ever reached those kinds of numbers on one occasion for United.

I don't think Liverpool actually understand the sheer magnitude of the Suarez departure. To level those kinds of contributions, you'd want to have signed Aguero or Messi ffs...

Of course Liverpool were always going to be buggered without him.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,162 ✭✭✭Augmerson

Dayum wrote: »

Without those 52 goals, where would Liverpool be? Answer: It's where they'd be right now.

Of those 52, Suarez scored 31! That's Cristiano Ronaldo territory!!! In fact, Ronaldo only ever reached those kinds of numbers on one occasion for United.

I don't think Liverpool actually understand the sheer magnitude of the Suarez departure. To level those kinds of contributions, you'd want to have signed Aguero or Messi ffs...

Tell us something we don't know.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,931 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Augmerson wrote: »
    Tell us something we don't know.

Well it was clear as day to the majority of people...

Can't believe some fans actually thought they were gonna win the league with Balotelli and Lambert. :rolleyes:

Oh ffs the echo are saying lucas AND gerrard are set to both start tomorrow.

Well it was clear as day to the majority of people...

Can't believe some fans actually thought they were gonna win the league with Balotelli and Lambert. :rolleyes:

Shhh now. Time for bed. Tomorrow you must rise very early and try much much harder young padawan.

klose wrote: »

Rodgers is on a kamikaze mission. United should be paying him good money.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,775 ✭✭✭✭kfallon

Dpesn't really matter at the mo tbh, they are all useless

Its not your job to ruin a perfectly mediocre joke

Isn't it a bit contradictory to say Suarez was the reason for last season, and without his goals we'd be where we are now........in the CL?

Think his contribution was overrated tbh.

Isn't it a bit contradictory to say Suarez was the reason for last season, and without his goals we'd be where we are now........in the CL?

Think his contribution was overrated tbh.

Without him Liverpool wouldn't even be in the Europa league now. I was speaking in terms of the current PL standing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,363 ✭✭✭JohnDaniels

Even forgetting the goals and assists that Suarez provided, he was our heart. We lost a leader and someone who demanded 100% from everyone around him.. He set our tempo, he pressed from the front. Others followed suit. His work rate and energy was infectious. His incredible ability made the players around him feel invincible. If your best player is working his nuts off on top of all the other stuff that just makes every other player feel like they need to work twice as hard. He wouldn't allow the players around him to put in the kind of performances we are seeing. You can make arguments about who individually has been the best player the PL has seen but I think in terms of importance to a particular team he ranks alone.

Without him Liverpool wouldn't even be in the Europa league now. I was speaking in terms of the current PL standing.

But they haven't got him and are in the CL?????

But they haven't got him and are in the CL?????

Some bait you're throwing out there.

Gimmick infringement?

People make out the without x player y team would have been in such a position argument incredibly simplistic and thats not how it works tbf.

• Advertisement

People make out the without x player y team would have been in such a position argument incredibly simplistic and thats not how it works tbf.

The argument isn't totally off-the-wall though.

People talk about not replacing Suarez but the only way they could have replaced him giving his contributions to the team as an individual would be if they had of signed Aguero, Ronaldo or Messi.

The flip side of it is that United weren't too shabby when Ronaldo left but look at the rest of their team....Liverpools other 10 are not near good enough to make up the goals...

The argument isn't totally off-the-wall though.

People talk about not replacing Suarez but the only way they could have replaced him giving his contributions to the team as an individual would be if they had of signed Aguero, Ronaldo or Messi.

The flip side of it is that United weren't too shabby when Ronaldo left but look at the rest of their team....Liverpools other 10 are not near good enough to make up the goals...

Your analysis is so in-depth and precise, have you considered a journalistic career with News of the World or other esteemed papers of it's ilk?

Augmerson wrote: »
    Your analysis is so in-depth and precise, have you considered a journalistic career with News of the World or other esteemed papers of it's ilk?

It seems to me that you're only interested in throwing around insults. You've yet to offer an alternative as to why Liverpool are playing utter sh!te with no chance of CL next season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,035 ✭✭✭✭J Mysterio

Even forgetting the goals and assists that Suarez provided, he was our heart. We lost a leader and someone who demanded 100% from everyone around him.. He set our tempo, he pressed from the front. Others followed suit. His work rate and energy was infectious. His incredible ability made the players around him feel invincible. If your best player is working his nuts off on top of all the other stuff that just makes every other player feel like they need to work twice as hard. He wouldn't allow the players around him to put in the kind of performances we are seeing. You can make arguments about who individually has been the best player the PL has seen but I think in terms of importance to a particular team he ranks alone.

This.

I see no communication on the pitch. Gerrard as captain never says anything anymore as hes not even confident hes doing a job (I dont blame him in a way - played out of position). Oh carra i miss you.

It seems to me that you're only interested in throwing around insults. You've yet to offer an alternative as to why Liverpool are playing utter sh!te with no chance of CL next season.

But, but the winners qualify for the next season ???

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

J Mysterio wrote: »
    Is there any truth to this? Source?

Of course not. Fowler is everyones landlord

• Advertisement
  • Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

It's no chance already is it?

Good lad.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 655 ✭✭✭RED L4 0TH

Blame Suarez.

Must admit, it's been awhile since I've heard that mentioned around the soccer forum............

A5WgH9PCMAAns4-.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Chucky the tree

Well at least Rodgers is 50% on his way to realising our problems.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭Soft Falling Rain

This argument of "take 52 goals out of the team and you'll struggle" is so painfully stupid. Of course a team would struggle, ANY team would struggle in that circumstance. It could happen to any team, it just unfortunately happened to us.

The real problem is the general standard of performances, which has dropped alarmingly. It's not like they're playing well and just have no talisman to create and finish chances. They are simply ****e, bereft of any of the hallmarks that made them so good last season.

It's simply a problem bigger than Suarez and Sturridge. IMO if Sturridge was fit right now he'd make little difference.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,791 ✭✭✭✭Charlie19

Yeah but Suarez And Sturridge would make a difference:)

We had a first xi that nearly picked itself every week and now all the new faces this season are finding it difficult to gain confidence in a struggling team.

There is no easy fix for the situation we find ourselves in.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement