Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2014 - Mod Warning in OP, 10/12

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

It's good to see rival fans finally declaring how good suarez was. Something a lot of them couldn't acknowledge last year.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,800 ✭✭✭✭Francie Barrett

We should be thrilled to be back in CL football, but quite frankly, I am dreading tonight against Ludogorets. I just can't see where the goals will come from.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭Daemonic

We should be thrilled to be back in CL football, but quite frankly, I am dreading tonight against Ludogorets. I just can't see where the goals will come from.
    Probably Ludogorets :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,901 ✭✭✭Raif Severance

full of shíte

Definitely.

Just in our last game, Gerrard had 0 Tackles, 0 Interceptions and 0 Fouls, and he's supposed to be our DM.

And yet despite all that, he continues to be a Guaranteed Starter and plays the Full 90.

If you're the Opposition, you are already Celebrating once you see Gerrard on Liverpool's Teamsheet. Since you know, they'll be playing with no DM.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

Definitely.

Just in our last game, Gerrard had 0 Tackles, 0 Interceptions and 0 Fouls, and he's supposed to be our DM.

And yet despite all that, he continues to be a Guaranteed Starter and plays the Full 90.

If you're the Opposition, you are already Celebrating once you see Gerrard on Liverpool's Teamsheet. Since you know, they'll be playing with no DM.

You're looking at it all wrong Raif, how many great passes did he commit? great corners? great free kicks? crosses? assists? goals?

Definitely worth a starting place.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

https://twitter.com/JustLFC_/status/537264287585402880

This at least makes me happy regarding something about Liverpool.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,162 ✭✭✭Augmerson

tok9 wrote: »

Is he not off to AC Milan in the summer?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,385 ✭✭✭Nerdlingr

Dayum's a realist. He tells it like it is. He's dusted off his soap box that he put away last year and is now standing tall and reading from the book of "I knew this would happen : Cliches of a Football Fan".

• Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

Augmerson wrote: »
    Is he not off to AC Milan in the summer?

So it's been said in the papers. But if he's fit I'd like to see him play. If he gets his games and performs, I don't see why he wouldn't want to stay and why we wouldn't want to keep him.

If people think we've gone backwards, they should look at Milan as a team who's gone way back.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,298 ✭✭✭✭rob316

tok9 wrote: »

A player I would be disgusted to see leave without getting a proper chance. Bags of talent, only just 21 too.

• Advertisement

rob316 wrote: »
    A player I would be disgusted to see leave without getting a proper chance. Bags of talent, only just 21 too.

Well Marko isn't getting a game and he cost 20m sterling. The two play the same position non?

Well Marko isn't getting a game and he cost 20m sterling. The two play the same position non?

Just brings up the same point again what a pointless signing he was. We have Ibe out on loan too.
    I'm not doubting his quality he is highly regarded in most circles, but he was just totally unnecessary.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,564 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

Lazar to bag a hat trick tonight.

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

Suso showed more in his very limited game time this season than Markovic has as yet. Also, Suso might be in need of a last chance, so to speak.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,800 ✭✭✭✭Francie Barrett

http://www.derbytelegraph.co.uk/DERBY-COUNTY-Rams-head-coach-Steve-McClaren-hails/story-24685359-detail/story.html?
    EXCITING wing talent Jordon Ibe is developing his all-round game, says Derby County head coach Steve McClaren.

The 18-year-old England Youth international is on a season-long loan from Liverpool and is catching the eye.
    Advertisement

His classy finish in Saturday’s win at Watford was his fourth goal in 15 appearances and his second in the last two games.

“He is only 18, a great talent, and he is learning,” said McClaren.

“When he first came in, we would give Jordon a ball on his own and give the rest of the team another ball!

“Now he is learning to be a team player and learning that he needs an end product to his game.

“He is developing his game and that is why he is here – for us to develop him for Liverpool but in the meantime for him to help us to win games.

“Liverpool know their players more than I do. They think he needs development, and I would totally agree with Brendan (Rodgers).

“He is learning and he still has a long way to go but he is having an impact.”

Ibe’s positive style and goals have had fans on their feet.

His first for Derby was in the 2-2 draw against Cardiff City. He came off the bench with the Rams trailing and fired low past David Marshall from 12 yards before Craig Bryson rescued a point.

Ibe found the net in the victory at Reading last month when he showed great feet to waltz into the area and send a precise finish low across Adam Federici.

He also struck in the 3-2 home win against Huddersfield Town, playing a one-two with Jeff Hendrick and slamming home a shot.

“Jordon’s got a lot of quality. You can’t switch off when up against him,” said McClaren, who points out the improvements in Ibe’s all-round game.

“He is showing his defensive responsibilites, work rate and concentration,” said McClaren.

“He is not dribbling all the time and beating players but playing off team mates.

“I think he is becoming a team player, and that is vital.”

Read more: http://www.derbytelegraph.co.uk/DERBY-COUNTY-Rams-head-coach-Steve-McClaren-hails/story-24685359-detail/story.html?#ixzz3KAmYSVTC
    Follow us: @DerbyTelegraph on Twitter | derbytelegraph on Facebook
    Nice article on Ibe. Did say it was silly to let him go over the Summer, he could have been a decent impact sub for us. At the same time, it's great he is getting games.

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

I've no problem with loaning the likes of Ibe but it has to be with a plan in mind. If the likes of him and Wisdom leave the club after long loan spells away without being given a chance I'd tear my hair out if I had enough to do it.

Both are still young players with a lot of learning left to do, but have enough about them to deserve a chance. For a team with so many promising young players over the last few years we have given very few of them much of a chance. Sterling obviously, and Flanagan last season to an extent, but that was due to injuries and a player who nearly everyone had written off.

Buying in expensive young players and then not playing them at all either is even more frustrating. While Markovic and Alberto last season didn't show much when they did play, it's hard to show anything when you play 60 mins then don't play for 4 weeks when you get another 20 mins and so on. Either commit to trying youth in the place of under performing players, or stop spending so much money on players who won't play.

Any player who costs 20m should not be regarded as 'one for the future' imo. If they are not good enough now to play regularly in the first team, they are not worth that money.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

http://www.derbytelegraph.co.uk/DERBY-COUNTY-Rams-head-coach-Steve-McClaren-hails/story-24685359-detail/story.html?

Nice article on Ibe. Did say it was silly to let him go over the Summer, he could have been a decent impact sub for us. At the same time, it's great he is getting games.

Ibes loan is exactly what he needs - Derby County supporters like what he can do but also get annoyed at what he does do. His is 18 and still learning, he is playing most games in whole or part. At Liverpool he'd be lucky to play outside the League Cup.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,931 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Brendan Rodgers hits back at criticism of ‘weak’ Liverpool
    Brendan Rodgers has countered Jamie Carragher’s withering criticism of Liverpool by insisting his team does possess character and will prove it when attempting to preserve their Champions League status against Ludogorets.
    On the specific point of being bullied at Palace, Rodgers added: “It’s a comment that’s been made of course. It’s something that happens when you’re paid to be critics, well not critics, but to assess the team. When you lose games what I’ve learnt is that people will say they want and that’s what comes. Whether criticism is deserved or not you won’t like it but you just have to ignore it. I have a team full of characters, of fully committed people and hopefully that’s something that will improve. We have to stand up and show that we can get a result and tough it out, and that’s what we will definitely do.”
    http://www.theguardian.com/football/2014/nov/25/brendan-rodgers-liverpool-champions-league-ludogorets

Ignore it? ffs Brendan.

Learn from it.

• Advertisement

Ignore it? ffs Brendan.

Learn from it.

Really what do you expect him to say. "Yes Jamie is right we lack character and are weak". He said what any manager would to be honest.

Really what do you expect him to say. "Yes Jamie is right we lack character and are weak". He said what any manager would to be honest.

I wouldn't expect any manager to outright agree with a critic - maybe concede some points but I would expect him to accept constructive criticism - it doesn't have to be publicly. It doesn't have to be losing face. I don't think you look weaker or foolish for saying honestly "yeah, got it wrong". I want Rodgers to succeed but I honestly cannot see how it will happen if he tries the same players, formations and tactics tonight. Which it looks like he will do.

Comes across as stubborn. No. I'll do it my way and I don't care what you say.

On your own head Brendan.

Saying Carragher is only saying that because he is paid to is a mistake and not being open to expect the criticism that everyone and there dog can see this season.

Anyone could see Carragher said what he said because he cared and it upset him to see his club play like that not because he was paid to be a critic.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,775 ✭✭✭✭kfallon

No match thread, says it all about the fans mental state at the moment!
    Watching tonight is like a chore but you can't pick and choose the games you watch, you have to take the bad times with the good!

Expecting a defeat tonight :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,076 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

I backed Ludo tonight at 10/3, so 'pool guaranteed not to lose tonight!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

U19s for Ludo

R. Fulton D. Cleary J. Maguire C. Whelan S. Hart O. Ojo .Pedro Chirivella J. Rossiter H. Wilson, Sergi Canós J. Sinclair

Bench A. Firth R. Kent A. O'Hanlon W. Marsh K. Polgar

• Advertisement

Somebody set us up the match thread.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,105 ✭✭✭mada999

What we saw away to Madrid even thought we lost was a leader in the CB role in Toure and a real DM in Lucas.

That is what we don't have with Gerrard in the starting line up.

We lose a DM and we loss a leader on the pitch that gives the defence confidence.

When Gerrad plays all the other players around look to him for the answers which he doesn't have in the DM role.

Untill Rodgers can see that we are fcuked.

of all the years he's been captain, i've hardly seen him shout and rave.... Carra did a lot more of that imo

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,105 ✭✭✭mada999

Ardent wrote: »
    This quarter back/playmaker role gerrard is playing is not really helping the team. He drops so deep - he's almost like a centre back at times - that he ends up dragging the entire midfield back,.

i think its more so that the midfield get up the pitch and move away from him and try and look for a hollywood pass..

mada999 wrote: »
    of all the years he's been captain, i've hardly seen him shout and rave.... Carra did a lot more of that imo

It's not even shouting and raving it's that he doesn't understand the role of a DM how to organise the defence and midfield around him.

Gerrard's game was build on having those players behind him and giving him the freedom to attack.

It's not his fault it's never been in his game and any good coach should be able to see that.

I fear Rodgers is not a good coach.

I have a feeling Rodgers strenght is his day to day man management of players.

If you look at some of great managers the ones who were winners they didn't do it all themseleves they were very open to bringing the best cocahes in the world to work alongside them.

I think that is what we need right now to work alongside Brendan.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,385 ✭✭✭Nerdlingr

Is he surrounded by yes men ? Doeas anyone have the balls to tell him its not working this way..that we need to change our way of thinking? Colin Pascoe...Mike Marsh???

• Advertisement

Be interesting if Gerrard was dropped who the scapegoat would be then.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,414 ✭✭✭Lord Trollington

On BBC sport gossip website we're interested in Peter Cech.

On BBC sport gossip website we're interested in Peter Cech.

If it's remotely possible it's a no brainer.

However, I'd say it's a non runner

rarnes1 wrote: »

You seem to say that every week.

Glen Johnson obviously! He is the scapegoat for every game!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,414 ✭✭✭Lord Trollington

Glen Johnson

You seem to say that every week.

What?

I've already said Gerrard shouldn't be starting every game but the way some people talk it's soley his fault. Mind numbing analysis

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,592 ✭✭✭brevity

Nerdlingr wrote: »
    Is he surrounded by yes men ? Doeas anyone have the balls to tell him its not working this way..that we need to change our way of thinking? Colin Pascoe...Mike Marsh???

I think this is the problem myself...

What?

I've already said Gerrard shouldn't be starting every game but the way some people talk it's soley his fault. Mind numbing analysis

Every time a player is talked about.

You ask if that player isn't picked who will be the scapegoat.

To use a football expression.. At the end of the day.. It won't be Gerrard it will be Rodgers and it will cost him his job.

Glen Johnson

Nope he's holding number 1 spot until Sakho comes back

• Advertisement

To use a football expression.. At the end of the day.. It won't be Gerrard it will be Rodgers and it will cost him his job.

And he'll have nobody to blame for being on the scratcher but himself!

• Registered Users Posts: 467 ✭✭DaveSuarez

Johnson, Lovern, Mignolet, Skrtel, Balotelli. We've a whole herd of goats in the squad.

DaveSuarez wrote: »
    Johnson, Lovern, Mignolet, Skrtel, Balotelli. We've a whole herd of goats donkeys in the squad.

Fixed it there....

As we aren't a threat to Chelsea this season or probably the next would Mourinho be open to selling us Cech and Schurrle? For about £25/30m combined they would be excellent business and add some real quality to the back and front.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,278 ✭✭✭x43r0

As we aren't a threat to Chelsea this season or probably the next would Mourinho be open to selling us Cech and Schurrle? For about £25/30m combined they would be excellent business and add some real quality to the back and front.

I don't really think that's a realistic price for both of those

I'd say Cech is still easily worth £12-15m and Schurrle must be worth at least £20m

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,504 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

Those would be great signings.
    Shame there's a 100% chance it will not happen.
    Expect Ochoa and Jay Rodriguez.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,363 ✭✭✭JohnDaniels

If it's remotely possible it's a no brainer.

However, I'd say it's a non runner

Why? We are now of absolutely no threat to Chelsea. I would have thought we would be one of the teams they would be most likely to sell to if he wants out.

x43r0 wrote: »
    I don't really think that's a realistic price for both of those

I'd say Cech is still easily worth £12-15m and Schurrle must be worth at least £20m

Schurrle is fairly out of favour it seems, £25m for him and about £10m for Cech, plus maybe a discount for taking both :pac: £30m oughta do it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

martyos121 wrote: »
    Those would be great signings.
    Shame there's a 100% chance it will not happen.
    Expect Ochoa and Jay James Rodriguez.

:cool:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,337 ✭✭✭jasonb

Things are so bad that even I was going to set up a Match Thread (my first), but thankfully rarnes1 beat me to it...

J.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement