Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2014 - Mod Warning in OP, 10/12

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

A bit of me hopes we get thrashed, but that's the bit of me that I try to keep in a box.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,987 ✭✭✭Kerrigooney

Wasn't expecting to see the game tonight but overtime has been cancelled...wooo.

Big performance needed but not expecting it tbh.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Chucky the tree

rob316 wrote: »
    How does allen keep starting? I like him but can should be ahead of him.

He was excellent in the last game. There's about 8 players ahead of him who are far more questionable.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,162 ✭✭✭Augmerson

A bit of me hopes we get thrashed, but that's the bit of me that I try to keep in a box.

gmphome2.jpeg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,987 ✭✭✭Kerrigooney

Skrtel, Johnson & Gerrard in the team plenty of european experience there.

Should be an easy win with that kind of experience in the team.

Take that tongue out of your cheek or you'll do yourself an injury.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,539 ✭✭✭BenEadir

DaveSuarez wrote: »
    How does he not start Can and Lallana ffs

^^^ this all day long. Why pay £25m for Lallana and not play him in a match like this? He's one of the few players who have shown both endeavour and creativity this season. I guess Stevie G is getting the AM spot ahead of Lallana. It's a joke.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,337 ✭✭✭jasonb

MD1990 wrote: »
    Confirmed #LFC XI to face Ludogorets: Mignolet, Manquillo, Skrtel, Toure, Johnson, Lucas, Allen, Henderson, Gerrard, Sterling, Lambert.

Not too optimistic about tonight. Sterling apart very little pace in the team.

If the order of names is correct, that does suggest Gerrard off the front guy, maybe at the tip of the diamond? Definitly not as a DM anyhow, so that's good. He can be subbed off after an hour for Lallana. Good to see Toure as well, if he does the same job as in Madrid he should take control of the back four a bit.

As someone else posted, each game I hope that this will be the game where we play well and turn the corner. Each game it doesn't happen makes the hope for the next game that little more brittle. But who knows, maybe this time... :)

Let's face it though, as bad as Ludogorets might be, we've been woeful. If we're going to get a result tonight, we're going to have to improve...

J.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,932 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

To use a poker term.

I think Rodgers is going "All In" with this team tonight.

Win and he keeps his job till the end of the season lose and he could be gone by Xmas.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Chucky the tree

It's going to to be quite funny seeing all the different positions Gerrard ends up playing for the rest of the season as Rodgers desperately tries to accommodate him. He'll be in goals by February.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,539 ✭✭✭✭retalivity

BenEadir wrote: »
    ^^^ this all day long. Why pay £25m for Lallana and not play him in a match like this?.

To add to this, why buy markovic for 20m when u already have suso, but never use either of them??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

**** like this annoys me why support us then. Come on the reds good performance tonight

The role that would suit Gerrard best is on the bench coming on with 20 mins to go to replace Coutinho or Sterling in the number 10 role.

That is how you incorporate into the team.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

It's going to to be quite funny seeing all the different positions Gerrard ends up playing for the rest of the season as Rodgers desperately tries to accommodate him. He'll be in goals by February.

Someone should pull him aside and ask him to step out of the team.

Mignolet, Manquillo, Skrtel, Toure, Johnson, Lucas, Allen, Henderson, Gerrard, Sterling, Lambert.

Jones, Lovren, Coutinho, Moreno, Lallana, Borini, Can.

Just look at that, apart from Lovren you can make a good case to play the rest. Moreno, Can, Lallana and Borini really should be starting this in a diamond 4-4-2.

Turtyturd wrote: »
    Someone should pull him aside and ask him to step out of the team.

Carra really should have a chat with him and be blunt with him.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

Carra really should have a chat with him and be blunt with him.

He wasn't able to do that with himself.

Mignolet, Manquillo, Skrtel, Toure, Johnson, Lucas, Allen, Henderson, Gerrard, Sterling, Lambert.

Jones, Lovren, Coutinho, Moreno, Lallana, Borini, Can.

Just look at that, apart from Lovren you can make a good case to play the rest. Moreno, Can, Lallana and Borini really should be starting this in a diamond 4-4-2.

Even at that I would play Lovren with Toure.

Toure leading Lovren I think would help Lovren get his confidence back.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,399 ✭✭✭✭ThunbergsAreGo

That will teach Countiho to try pass the ball forward to the bench with you!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,504 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

Mignolet looks like a frightened puppy in the lineup there.

This should be brutal...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,199 ✭✭✭Talisman

No Can, no Moreno but Gerrard and Johnson get to stink the place out again. We might just sneak this but only because Ludogarets are the worst team in the competition.
    That criticism could be used to describe Liverpool, Ludogorets may have the less talented individual players but they have certainly shown themselves to be a more focused group. We were very fortunate in the game at Anfield and tonight will be a real test for us.

• Advertisement

martyos121 wrote: »
    Mignolet looks like a frightened puppy in the lineup there.

This should be brutal...

:(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,365 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

I'm done with Mignolet, honestly.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,771 ✭✭✭michael999999

May be sooner than that!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,570 ✭✭✭Ulysses Gaze

SlickRic wrote: »
    I'm done with Mignolet, honestly.

Was never good enough for Liverpool and is nowhere near as good as Reina was.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,322 ✭✭✭ratracer

Brad Jones must be sh1tting himself, he's soon gonna be the first choice keeper!! It's tougher being an LFC fan now even than when Woy was the gaffer, utterly clueless and leaderless atm

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,791 ✭✭✭✭Charlie19

Rickayy

Lambert heroic!

Effort often makes up for world class.

Jordan Henderson is a living example of that.

Shows what pace in the team can do.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,954 ✭✭✭garra

Finally I can say it.

I heart Ronaldo

• Advertisement

Just such a shame that Reus, Cavani and Vidal can't play in the Champions League final for us, cause they'll be cup-tied.

Maybe Juan Mata IS the solution....

Guy.... guys, I love ye all as fellow L'Pool fans but to be fair Rodgers has been slammed for his recent teams and for doing two huge things consistently.... playing Lovren and having Gerrard in DM.

We see Toure replace Lovren and Lucas come into DM with Gerrard far more advanced. Allen also in midfield who can support defence and attack.

And Rodgers still getting criticism ??

Also Lambert has scored again, two starts two goals, bang bang, exactly what we need the forwards to do.

Gerrard may well come off at 60 mins too which is what many have suggested all season, play him AM for 60 mins or for the last 30 mins, he can't do both.

It is am important CL game so maybe Rodgers reckons dropping Gerrard would be playing with fire.

Personally I have no way given up on a top 4 finish either so the element of squad rotation we are seeing makes sense, now I do hope we don't see Gerrard back in DM on Saturday but Lovren at CB is quite likely imo.

YNWA - applies to our manager too :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,298 ✭✭✭✭rob316

Reina was piss poor too we wanted Begovic by all accounts but went for the cheaper option in mignolet. Skimped again in a vital position.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,298 ✭✭✭✭rob316

Augeo wrote: »
    Guy.... guys, I love ye all as fellow L'Pool fans but to be fair Rodgers has been slammed for his recent teams and for doing two huge things consistently.... playing Lovren and having Gerrard in DM.

We see Toure replace Lovren and Lucas come into DM with Gerrard far more advanced. Allen also in midfield who can support defence and attack.

And Rodgers still getting criticism ??

Also Lambert has scored again, two starts two goals, bang bang, exactly what we need the forwards to do.

Gerrard may well come off at 60 mins too which is what many have suggested all season, play him AM for 60 mins or for the last 30 mins, he can't do both.

It is am important CL game so maybe Rodgers reckons dropping Gerrard would be playing with fire.

Personally I have no way given up on a top 4 finish either so the element of squad rotation we are seeing makes sense, now I do hope we don't see Gerrard back in DM on Saturday but Lovren at CB is quite likely imo.

YNWA - applies to our manager too :)

He is a waste of a position forward too though. He is 34 and is finished at this level the sooner he realises that the better for his beloved liverpool.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭Soft Falling Rain

He was signed on merit after his excellent performances for Sunderland but unfortunately he just hasn't shown enough since arriving.

A goalkeeper has gone top of the list alongside a striker for January. Someone with presence, confidence and most importantly a command of his box.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,438 ✭✭✭5live

Ludo 1 -2 Frustration.

#itsbeginningtolookalotlikechristmas

Lambert has now scored in:

Conference
    League 2
    League 1
    Championship
    Premier League
    England NT
    Champions League

he may yet add the Europa League to this!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,777 ✭✭✭highgiant1985

any one else having trouble with rte player not working?

Lambert has now scored in:

Conference
    League 2
    League 1
    Championship
    Premier League
    England NT
    Champions League

he may yet add the Europa League to this!

That is pretty cool to be honest.

Add in League Cup and FA Cup goals as well.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,370 ✭✭✭✭8-10

any one else having trouble with rte player not working?

Yes I definitely have

This ref is hilariously bad.

We're not getting a single decision.

honestly, Rodgers has the team right tonight, bar maybe playing Lallana instead of Stevie. though if you're going to play Stevie, where he is is where you play him.

Mig hasn't had much to do, and while Ludo have been good up to 30 yards out, that's it really.

If Mig wasn't shít we'd have a CS so far.

an ugly away performance, just what we need tbh.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,380 ✭✭✭daRobot

Toure needs to start from now on, and Mignolet needs to be sold.

Wonder if Petr Cech would come to the club, or if Chelsea would sell him to us? Would be a good start.

Johnson doesn't look like a professional footballer at all. In fact, he doesn't look like professional in any sense of the word.

I wouldnt even hire the lad to paint the shed.

Toure & Lucas need to start every game.

Gerrard if he is to play every game has to play where he is playing tonight.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,162 ✭✭✭Augmerson

martyos121 wrote: »
    Johnson doesn't look like a professional footballer at all. In fact, he doesn't look like professional in any sense of the word.

I wouldnt even hire the lad to paint the shed.

Degree in physics and in mensa apparently.

Augmerson wrote: »
    Degree in physics and in mensa apparently.

Great, he can f**k off to CERN then.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,066 ✭✭✭Washington Irving

Sooner the better imo

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,889 ✭✭✭✭klose

Embarrassing stuff again. Lambert and gerrard were exhausted and were kept on. Laughable stuff from rodgers tbh

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,299 ✭✭✭djPSB

Chill.

Beat Basel and were into the knockout stages.

Not in a bad position at all in the CL.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement