Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2014 - Mod Warning in OP, 10/12

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

Why don't any of ye saps care about how much I post?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,162 ✭✭✭Augmerson

tok9 wrote: »

It will only go to your head man if we let you knew how much you mean to us.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,889 ✭✭✭✭The Moldy Gowl

tok9 wrote: »

Oh don't worry. I have my own special notepad for you. Have all your posts detailed and just waiting to have an arguement with you to whip it out.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,724 ✭✭✭gafferino

I can't understand why anybody would care about how often another poster posts. It's strange.

Well for starters you post too often.

Oh don't worry. I have my own special notepad for you. Have all your posts detailed and just waiting to have an arguement with you to whip it out.

people-for-good-real-menwhip-it-out-600-75116.jpg

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

Setanta are doing a special offer for the first 1000 customers. €99 for 12 months non recurring instead of the usual 21.99 monthly price. They have lots of football and European rugby on BT sports and CL football next season too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

5starpool wrote: »
    Setanta are doing a special offer for the first 1000 customers. €99 for 12 months non recurring instead of the usual 21.99 monthly price. They have lots of football and European rugby on BT sports and CL football next season too.

If that's too much and you need a distraction from Liverpools woes groupons deal of the day is er this

• Registered Users Posts: 1,439 ✭✭✭SM01

I remember Mr. Alan's posting from last season purely on account of it inspiring one of Grayditch's classic special posts!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,937 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

On Sky Sports,

Crystal Palace manager Neil Warnock says midfielder Yannick Bolasie will not be sold in January. Liverpool are reportedly keen to buy the 25-year-old.

lol

http://www1.skysports.com/watch/video/sports/football/9581827/warnock:-bolasie-not-for-sale?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,584 ✭✭✭pmy.murphy

On Sky Sports,

Crystal Palace manager Neil Warnock says midfielder Yannick Bolasie will not be sold in January. Liverpool are reportedly keen to buy the 25-year-old.

lol

http://www1.skysports.com/watch/video/sports/football/9581827/warnock:-bolasie-not-for-sale?

Sweet mother of jesus do we ever learn. Buying overrated in form Premier League players will never get us anywhere

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,363 ✭✭✭JohnDaniels

While it's very funny you just have to hope that it's BS as in all honestly it most likely is.

• Registered Users Posts: 162 ✭✭p38

On Sky Sports,

lol

Another factor of not playing well at the moment is LFC will be reportedly Keen/looking at every player constant silly season till the end of January.

p38 wrote: »
    Another factor of not playing well at the moment is LFC will be reportedly Keen/looking at every player constant silly season till the end of January.

I don't think it's anything to do with Liverpool not playing well.

It is to do with the history of transfers over the last number of years on average PL players and average players who happen to be in the middle of a good run in general.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

Hoping Stoke players pick up an illness....stay classy lads.

Worst fans in the world.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,325 ✭✭✭smileyj1987

I can honestly say it has been a horrific start to the season . But what I find mad is the fact LFC still have the champions league group stage in their own hands .

I do think it's time to make a few changes to the team at this stage . I would think BR needs to put Lucas in as a DM and see does that offer some protection to the back four .

Henderson and Emre Can should play in front of him and try to bring back some of the pressing from last season .

That has been the biggest difference this season the team pressed as a whole unit . What ever about people wanting to have a go at the manager that's on stick you can't beat him with . He had the team organized . So all BR needs to do is to get that back into the side .

I do think it's time he puts all 11 positions up for grabs and tells the players you don't put a shift in then you are on the bench .

• Advertisement

If Gerrard is to start againist Stoke that will be his 3rd game in 7 days and this will for me show Rodgers can't make the hard call that's needed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,676 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

If Gerrard is to start againist Stoke that will be his 3rd game in 7 days and this will for me show Rodgers can't make the hard call that's needed.

... days after saying he can't play 3 games in 7 days...

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,949 ✭✭✭dogbert27

Paul McGrath quote on Ian Rush.

"John Fashanu of Wimbledon would smash my teeth in and others liked a tussle but Liverpool’s Ian Rush was horrible. He wouldn’t give you any peace.
    There was a time when goalkeepers would roll you the ball and you’d take a touch and try to look composed but Ian would come tearing at you with such speed you’d think, ‘Oh Lord, am I going to have time to take this touch?’
    You’d be afraid he’d catch you and you’d make a mistake. Luckily, he never scored against me but it wasn’t comfortable."

Oh to have a striker this season. :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,890 ✭✭✭✭klose

Considring rodgers strange praise of the game on wednesday i cant imagine there will be much change to the line up tomorrow, probably lovren the only one to come in :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,592 ✭✭✭brevity

Lovern might be OK with Lucas and Allen ahead of him instead of Gerrard.

Hopefully Lallana starts though.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,438 ✭✭✭5live

brevity wrote: »
    Lovern might be OK with Lucas and Allen ahead of him instead of Gerrard.

Hopefully Lallana starts though.
    Hopefully, if Lovren starts, Rodgers will bring in Toure as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,629 ✭✭✭googled eyes

Can we not just agree to sell the naming rights to Anfield and sign Messi ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,300 ✭✭✭✭rob316

He's 27 wouldn't be worth it. :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,510 ✭✭✭✭noodler

5live wrote: »
    Hopefully, if Lovren starts, Rodgers will bring in Toure as well.

Toure has to start.

Sell the naming rights, don't buy him, and jack off over wages saved by not buying him.

... days after saying he can't play 3 games in 7 days...

By my reckoning Gerrard has actually only 'played' about one game in the last seven days ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,385 ✭✭✭✭D'Agger

NukaCola wrote: »
    Not to get involved but when he says under the storm cloud, i dont think he means you didnt post, just that you remained pessimistic during last season? In that posters opinion of course.

I dont think anyone could argue that you didn't post last season tbh.
    This.

And to echo what has already been said - it would be weird for me or anybody else here to give a shít about the regularity of others posting - it's the internet, who cares! It's the regularity of the same type of posts that have snipped at the manager from day 1 that irked me, even in the face of a fantastic season of football, one rife with excitement. There's a spectrum there obviously - some of us were off in the clouds, some refused to leave the ground.

In the current situation where criticism is warranted, it's the posts of 'Oh I thought he was the messiah' that bother me, to me it reads as others seemingly taking pleasure in the perceived foolishness of other posters for having faith in the club to kick on - which it hasn't admittedly, but it reeks of point scoring over others to me, it's annoying....I normally try to refrain from responding to it given how long I'm posting here, but sometimes on a Thursday afternoon you need to go 'Fúck it, I'm calling what I'm seeing here'

That's just how I saw it at the time

• Registered Users Posts: 33,756 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

This is my opinion on the situation Liverpool find themselves in.

Firstly, Suarez who is world class is no longer there, ignore his problems but what a great player he is for popping up for goals.
    Secondly, the second best Liverpool striker from last season - Sturridge has been injured, and Balotelli hasn't been a great signing.
    Thirdly, the Suarez money, do people think it was spent wisely, personally no.
    Fourthly, Mignolet seems to have a confidence issue and there is no replacement at the club who one would deem better to step in at this moment.
    Fifthly, the defense in general wouldn't inspire confidence in the team.
    Finally, Gerrard isn't the same player he once was as age is his biggest enemy right now.

The main problems stem from Suarez in that the money wasn't used to bring in a person one would say 'world class'.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,825 ✭✭✭Timmyctc

RobertKK wrote: »

Firstly, Suarez who is world class is no longer there, ignore his problems but what a great player he is for popping up for goals.
    Secondly, the second best Liverpool striker from last season - Sturridge has been injured, and Balotelli hasn't been a great signing.
    Fourthly, Mignolet seems to have a confidence issue and there is no replacement at the club who one would deem better to step in at this moment.
    Finally, Gerrard isn't the same player he once was as age is his biggest enemy right now.

The main problems stem from Suarez in that the money wasn't used to bring in a person one would say 'world class'.

You e basically just surmised what everyone on here's been discussing the past months :|

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,751 ✭✭✭Ste-

Then he can break EPL scoring records and add that to his tally.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,139 ✭✭✭flanzer

RobertKK wrote: »

Jamie Redknapp, is that you?

How would people feel about an old fashioned 4-4-2?

Lucas/Allen and Can in the middle with Marcovic on the left and sterling on the right (with a bit of interchange). Borini playing off Lambert up front.

Lb and rb would venture forward but primarily focused on defence...

Something to experiment with? Or a complete mess?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

Lucas/Allen and Can in the middle with Marcovic on the left and sterling on the right (with a bit of interchange). Borini playing off Lambert up front.

Too many poor players on the pitch . Markovic borini lambert and can to a lesser extent have shown little or nothing to suggest they are good enough to play for a team with top 4 ambitions

Too many poor players on the pitch . Markovic borini lambert and can to a lesser extent have shown little or nothing to suggest they are good enough to play for a team with top 4 ambitions

I think it might a bit early to write off Marcovic but I take your point...

I guess I'm trying to incorporate 2 strikers into the first 11 and trying not to have our fullbacks be so attacking.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

I think it might a bit early to write off Marcovic but I take your point...

I guess I'm trying to incorporate 2 strikers into the first 11 and trying not to have our fullbacks be so attacking.

I'm not writing him off I just haven't seen anything from him yet and in your system to incorporate him can and borini you need to exclude the likes of Hendo Coutinho lallana.That front 6 imo would probably be the worst front 6 I could ever remember or maybe Hodgson had a poorer front 6.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,213 ✭✭✭shamrock55

Id go with that, i think we need to learn how to win games 1- 0, i dont think attacking full backs suits us anyway because they are not very good at it anyway, we need to start setting up and playing defensively and build from there

id have stevie and hendo in the middle with sterling just behind borini and markovic/coutinho or lallana out wide in a 4411

No thanks.

4-4-2 diamond works just fine with the right players. When Henderson barrelled forth to score the other night it was because Lucas was playing deep rather than Gerrard so he felt he could make that run.

Manq---Kolo-Lovren--Moreno (I think Lovren with Kolos shouting and arm waving might be worth a go)
    Lucas
    Hendo---Allen
    Coutinho
    Borini----Lambert

Refresh with Can, Sterling (who may need a bit of a rest) and Lallana in the 2nd half.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,425 ✭✭✭Ciano35

No thanks.

4-4-2 diamond works just fine with the right players. When Henderson barrelled forth to score the other night it was because Lucas was playing deep rather than Gerrard so he felt he could make that run.

Manq---Kolo-Lovren--Moreno (I think Lovren with Kolos shouting and arm waving might be worth a go)
    Lucas
    Hendo---Allen
    Coutinho
    Borini----Lambert

Refresh with Can, Sterling (who may need a bit of a rest) and Lallana in the 2nd half.

I'd go with this but have lallana in for coutinho.

Edit: sorry just seen that you have lallana coming on in the 2nd half

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Chucky the tree

I'd go with 4321. Defense is going to be **** no matter who is picked so I'll skip that...

Allen Lucas

Markovic -Lallana-Sterling
    Borini

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,385 ✭✭✭Nerdlingr

Markovic hasnt shown anything when he's been a given a chance, dont know why anyone would have him in the starting 11.

I expect to see the same team as the last game. We'll need that physicality against stoke, exactly what we were missing against Palace.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,325 ✭✭✭smileyj1987

I'd go with 4321. Defense is going to be **** no matter who is picked so I'll skip that...

Allen Lucas

Markovic -Lallana-Sterling
    Borini

That's a good set up but I think I would have lambert ahead of borini . Him and lallana seem to link up well .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,676 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

:D

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,510 ✭✭✭✭noodler

Borini isn't getting gametime.

Lambert has two in two starts despite being isolated up front on his own. Compare that to the free pass Mario gets from some people for playing up top on his lonesome.

I'd direct my ire elsewhere to be honest.

From Presser:

Rodgers: Few months ago I was manager of the year, now I'm tipped to get sacked. All I can focus on is what you can control.

Mario Balotelli ruled out of game v Stoke

Brendan Rodgers: "There's a lot of time left, a big chunk of the season to go. We have been nowhere near what we would expect. We're five points off the top four and the points total is the lowest it has been in the Premier League, so it tells you it is a unique league this year.

"Our objective, like last season, is fourth."

Rodgers: Rickie has been excellent. He just needed a goal. He's a rhythm player. He looks like a different player for us. #LFC

No thanks.

Lucas
    Hendo---Allen
    Coutinho
    Borini----Lambert

I'd drop Coutinho for Lallana.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,365 ✭✭✭Crash Bang Wall

No thanks.

Lucas
    Hendo---Allen
    Coutinho
    Borini----Lambert

Diamond leaves us way too open. Only reason we got away with it last season was because we had Suarez, and every team was scared sh!tless of him

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,297 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

Match day program is all about Gerrard. Tag is Steven Gerrard 16 sensational years

Listening to a podcast today and this stat came up..

13 goals conceded from set plays so far this season. WOW.

Match day program is all about Gerrard. Tag is Steven Gerrard 16 sensational years

Will be sad to see him get outrun by Charlie Adams.

Lads does anyone know what happened Kess? He hasnt been around in months. Great contributor.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement