Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2014 - Mod Warning in OP, 10/12

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,937 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

gafferino wrote: »
    Lads does anyone know what happened Kess? He hasnt been around in months. Great contributor.

My guess is Kess stopped posting at the same time Agger left Liverpool.

Ergo Kess was Agger and the Anfield mole all along.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,724 ✭✭✭gafferino

My guess is Kess stopped posting at the same time Agger left Liverpool.

Ergo Kess was Agger and the Anfield mole all along.

Well you are an agent after all ...... so you know stuff about things.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,592 ✭✭✭brevity

gafferino wrote: »
    Lads does anyone know what happened Kess? He hasnt been around in months. Great contributor.

Wasn't he supposed to be moving countries? China IIRC..

Edit: China it is. http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=78824297&postcount=402
    Not as well as my German, Flemish, Japanese, or french, but probably on par with my Spanish and Irish.

Irish mother and Danish grandparent saw to it that I had some grasp of their languages. Scouse father, scouse grandfather, scouse great grandfather etc saw to it that I supported the right team. The danish side of the family is where my Kess username came from as well as it is a shortened version of a two word nickname they had for me.

The other langauges I gained through living and working in those countries, with mandarin being the latest language I am learning as I am hoping to go to China for a year or two from mid 2014.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭MD1990

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

MD1990 wrote: »
    Over the next 18 months, Brendan will have to start to take him off and leave him out for his own good.
    :eek:

Christ on a bike, no thanks Carra.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,162 ✭✭✭Augmerson

Brendan looking ropey, pressure on, job might be on the line if bad results continue.

Roy Keane leaves Aston Villa.

Coincidence?

????

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,674 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

Augmerson wrote: »
    Brendan looking ropey, pressure on, job might be on the line if bad results continue.

Coincidence?

????
    Yeah

Coincidence?

????

Right now he would still probably do a better job at DM than Gerrard.:(

Still pretty amazed how Skrtel escapes so much criticism.

rarnes1 wrote: »

We all know the defensive problems are because of Sakho.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,845 ✭✭✭Hidalgo

Chelsea topped the league over the last 2 windows for money spent on agents fees with £116.7m.
    Second place was Liverpool who forked out £114.3m.

Now there's money well spent

No thanks.

4-4-2 diamond works just fine with the right players. When Henderson barrelled forth to score the other night it was because Lucas was playing deep rather than Gerrard so he felt he could make that run.

Manq---Kolo-Lovren--Moreno (I think Lovren with Kolos shouting and arm waving might be worth a go)
    Lucas
    Hendo---Allen
    Coutinho
    Borini----Lambert

Refresh with Can, Sterling (who may need a bit of a rest) and Lallana in the 2nd half.

I'd like to see Can start tomorrow. Brings a bit of needed power and strength against a physically strong team

Hidalgo wrote: »
    Chelsea topped the league over the last 2 windows for money spent on agents fees with £116.7m.
    Second place was Liverpool who forked out £114.3m.

Now there's money well spent

We spent nearly as much on agent fees as players?

That really ca't be right!! Can it?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,395 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

We spent nearly as much on agent fees as players?

That really ca't be right!! Can it?

It's £14,308,444.

Still 2nd highest in the league but when you buy a lot of different players a lot of different agents wants their cut I guess.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,954 ✭✭✭garra

Alan is definitely right about one thing. The amount of people that have turned on the manager already is astounding. Fair weather fans it must be said.

Being a fan of LFC and being verbose in your critique of our manager's performance recently are not mutually exclusive pursuits

• Registered Users Posts: 4,629 ✭✭✭googled eyes

Rumor has it he's planning on following Tim Wiese to the WWE when he's finished with us.

It's £14,308,444.

Still 2nd highest in the league but when you buy a lot of different players a lot of different agents wants their cut I guess.

Whoops on my part. Added in a 1 by mistake.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,299 ✭✭✭djPSB

Listening to a podcast today and this stat came up..

13 goals conceded from set plays so far this season. WOW.

We lost Suarez though, he was class at defending set pieces.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

Mr Alan wrote: »
    I'm quite shocked at how quickly many have totally turned against the manager they proclaimed as the messiah not too long ago.

Particularly when many of the same people did nothing but give abuse to the likes of myself & Llyod for not showing blind faith and support.

I was wondering when we'd see this post.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,674 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

God all the other saps are watching the toy show !!! Which reminds me .....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,890 ✭✭✭✭klose

djPSB wrote: »
    We lost Suarez though, he was class at defending set pieces.

We were pretty awful at defending em last season too iirc, we were however lethal from our own set pieces last year. This year we are hopeless, me might aswell roll the ball over the touch line and give the opposition a goal kick when we have a corner we are so bad at em these days.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

It will reach a new low when we concede from one of our own set pieces.

Gerrard doesn't fit into what's required at the moment if playing in the Liverpool DM role or even in CM, that's making the starting 11 hard to beat.

A midfield of Can, Allen or Lucas, Henderson & Lallana with Coutinho & Gerrard on the bench would be well worth a try against Stoke.

If Johnson plays it needs to be at LB.

Lambert with Sterling behind him or else Borini alongside him would be nice to see.

Sterling, Coutinho & Gerrard on the bench would leave a decent starting 11 with very decent options to come on.

Given it's the 3rd game in 7 days Rodgers has a ready made and completely plausible reason for resting Gerrard, it's essentially a requirement for the player anyway, the silver lining is that the team might benefit too.

Henderson has seemed ever so much better at times when Gerrard wasn't in the team.

For a man who is usually full of Self-confidence..I think he really is struggling from the pressure right now.

Liverpool manager Brendan Rodgers says he is "favourite for the sack" after the Reds' poor run of form.
    "A few months ago I was the manager of the year, now I'm favourite to get the sack," said Rodgers, who is actually third-favourite with most bookmakers.
    "It's part and parcel of this wonderful life of working in football."
    "All you can do is focus on the immediate job, on what you can control," added Rodgers. "For me, it's about working with the players, providing even more clarity in their roles and the function of the team."

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/30248433

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,035 ✭✭✭✭J Mysterio

No thanks.

4-4-2 diamond works just fine with the right players. When Henderson barrelled forth to score the other night it was because Lucas was playing deep rather than Gerrard so he felt he could make that run.

Manq---Kolo-Lovren--Moreno (I think Lovren with Kolos shouting and arm waving might be worth a go)
    Lucas
    Hendo---Allen
    Coutinho
    Borini----Lambert

Refresh with Can, Sterling (who may need a bit of a rest) and Lallana in the 2nd half.

I like this but Skrtel deserves his place more than Lovren (barely). Skrtel has last season in a Liverpool shirt while Lovren has been fucķing shocking. I'm also pissed off with his interviews.

• Advertisement

Can we not just agree to sell the naming rights to Anfield and sign Messi ?

I know you're taking the piss but you have to realise that there will be pressure to actually sell the naming rights from certain quarters.

I would hate to sell our soul.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,564 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

Turtyturd wrote: »
    It will reach a new low when we concede from one of our own set pieces.

1330973730_goalkeeper_scores_wondassisted_own_goal.gif

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,562 ✭✭✭eyescreamcone

J Mysterio wrote: »
    I know you're taking the piss but you have to realise that there will be pressure to actually sell the naming rights from certain quarters.

Soul?
    Professional football sold it's soul a long time ago

Still.

I was sad for Arsenal when they left Highbury.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,050 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

To be honest, even if we sold the naming rights, I doubt it would ever actually be called anything other than Anfield.

St James Park in practice was never actually called the Sports Direct Arena or whatever it was.

I could be wrong, but I just doubt anything else would stick from an actual usage point of view.

• Advertisement

Doesnt matter if the good ol boys call it Landsdowne Road, it's the Aviva now.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,562 ✭✭✭eyescreamcone

OwaynOTT wrote: »
    1330973730_goalkeeper_scores_wondassisted_own_goal.gif

I don't think that goal would be allowed (direct from your own goal kick)
    Real nerds can quote the exact ruling.

Doesnt matter if the good ol boys call it Landsdowne Road, it's the Aviva now.

That's quite different - it's a new stadium. Landsdowne Road is gone in every possible sense - it wasn't redeveloped, it was bulldozed completely, right down to the foundations. The Aviva was built in its place.

Obviously very much not the case with Anfield.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,188 ✭✭✭mosstin

That wasn't a goal kick. Perfectly legitimate goal. *nerdninja

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,564 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

1400521373_goalie_throws_owngoal.gif

~Rebel~ wrote: »
    That's quite different - it's a new stadium. Landsdowne Road is gone in every possible sense - it wasn't redeveloped, it was bulldozed completely, right down to the foundations. The Aviva was built in its place.

Obviously very much not the case with Anfield.

I just fundamentally disagree. Sell the name for it, sell your soul.

I just fundamentally disagree. Sell the name for it, sell your soul.

I'm not arguing about anything relating to that. I don't particularly want the name sold, my point is that in practice, I don't think it will ever be called anything other than Anfield.

Anyway, the rebuilding of Landsdowne road doesnt really have anything to do with it... they sold the naming rights.

Anyway, the rebuilding of Landsdowne road doesnt really have anything to do with it... they sold the naming rights.

Yup, to a stadium with no other name, so of course it would be called the Aviva.

?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,792 ✭✭✭✭Charlie19

Naming rights is a bit of a sticky one but If the extra income guarantees being able to attract players we need, then I'd have no problem.

It be still Anfield to me.

Spam

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,792 ✭✭✭✭Charlie19

Spam

Not a fan of it.
    SPAM.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,309 ✭✭✭T-K-O

It looks like the Valdes - Utd deal is off.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,162 ✭✭✭Augmerson

Off-topic but:

I wish we still had Lansdowne, Aviva is a piece of overpriced ****. That super low stand at the end is hideous. It looks like they couldn't be arsed to finish the thing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,987 ✭✭✭Kerrigooney

OwaynOTT wrote: »
    1400521373_goalie_throws_owngoal.gif

It's only a matter of time before Mignolet and Lovren do this while Skrtel gets so confused he tries to rip his own shirt off and Johnson,having given up even pretending,sits on the halfway line counting his money.

The midfield consists of Henderson pushing Gerrard around in his wheelchair for 90 mins while Balotelli,on a swing he's attached to the opponent's crossbar,enjoys a fine brandy and a fat blunt.

We lose 24-0 and Rodgers calls the performance "outstanding".

I'd laugh if I hadn't drown in a sea of tears weeks ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,391 ✭✭✭PhiloCypher

Off-topic but:

I wish we still had Lansdowne, Aviva is a piece of overpriced ****. That super low stand at the end is hideous. It looks like they couldn't be arsed to finish the thing.

If it was symmetrical I'd have no problem with it, but as it is with the lowered end stand it looks like a bed pan.

Are the geniuses being shown on tv today

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,890 ✭✭✭✭klose

Hidalgo wrote: »
    Are the geniuses being shown on tv today

Setanta are shwoing it so prepare the let the horror unfold in a ****ty grainy picture.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,629 ✭✭✭googled eyes

I was taking the piss about selling the rights to buy Messi but I believe that its got to be done to keep up with the big boys.

Sure look at Real, sold their soul ( for some literally) just to appease Abu Dhabi bank. Removed the cross from the top of their crest.

Gets them bazillions of the euros

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement