Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2014 - Mod Warning in OP, 10/12

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Liverpool v Stoke U18s two crackers here -

Firth, Travis, Hart, Whelan, Polgar, Brimmer, Canos, Chirivella, Marsh (Maxwell), Wilson, Kent. Unused substitutes: Wheeler, Nicholas, Lewis, Johnson.

The under age sides have got such an array of attacking talent with hardly a "proper striker" to be seen.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,300 ✭✭✭✭rob316

Delighted for lambert the last few games I was starting to worry the pressure might be too much and we wouldn't see anything of the lambert at Southampton.
    2 goals and an assist in 3 games is a great return.

The fact we had not conceded in 45 mins gave the team and rodgers a bit of confidence to push forward and with a solid base in allen and lucas our creative players finally created.
    It wasn't clinical but it was the most entertaining football since spurs away.

Coutinho is becoming such a frustrating player to watch. He has some world class qualities but there is no consistency or end product to his game. I would perfer to see lallana in his place a player with a good goal scoring record.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,890 ✭✭✭✭klose

Yeah i think lambert is showing his worth these days, great hold up play and great to win flick ons, if we had a pacey striker ala sturridge ahead of him winning those flicks on and making use of his hold up play we would get even more out if his abilities. Had a nice few touches and turns yesterday too.

But hey we replaced luis suarez with lambert right? Lol etc.. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,792 ✭✭✭✭Charlie19

klose wrote: »
    Yeah i think lambert is showing his worth these days, great hold up play and great to win flick ons, if we had a pacey striker ala sturridge ahead of him winning those flicks on and making use of his hold up play we would get even more out if his abilities. Had a nice few touches and turns yesterday too.

But hey we replaced luis suarez with lambert right? Lol etc.. :rolleyes:

Lambert was signed as a 3rd striker, not as number 1.

... .... Never thought badly of the lad, he deserved his pay cheques :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,890 ✭✭✭✭klose

rarnes1 wrote: »
    Lambert was signed as a 3rd striker, not as number 1.

Im aware, twas a tongue in cheek comment as thats what rival fans were peddling over the summer how we replaced suarez with lambert even though it was obvious we didn't.

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

I didn't get to see the game live yesterday but had it recorded and then watched it 'as live' at 7pm. The first half made me regret that decision immensely, what a turgid display of non urgency, but thankfully the second half is as well as we've played all season (not saying much) although hardly a big cutting edge. It's a step in the right direction though and keeping that up against Leicester on Tuesday will be important for confidence. They are going through a bad spell themselves but will still fancy being able to get as us enough to get a result. We're still a long way from where we need to be but at least there is something positive (besides the result) to take from the game for a change.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,414 ✭✭✭Lord Trollington

The result against Stoke will mean nothing unless we follow it up with a win against Leicester.

That will bring us into a home game against Sunderland. There is potential for 9 points on the bounce, bringing us into a massive home game against Basel followed by United away.

Massive fortnight coming up in BR's reign as LFC manager.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,775 ✭✭✭✭kfallon

Footy Memes ‏@FootyMemes 7m7 minutes ago Former Liverpool winger Albert Riera has been sacked by Udinese after skipping a game to play in a poker tournament.

How did he do in the tournament?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,399 ✭✭✭ush

Finished 2nd

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,739 ✭✭✭ASOT

Finished second and won 3 grand. Delighted with life.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,987 ✭✭✭✭zAbbo

Not sure who he faired.

But he did place in some tournaments previously winning the princely sum of €3,550...and looking absolutely delighted with himself.

Clearly much smarter than earning €3M/year with Roma.

img_0013.jpg

Maybe he hates football - I know I do right now! :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,414 ✭✭✭Lord Trollington

If the papers are to be believed, we haven't a bob to spend in January unless we move people on.

There'll be no top class striker brought in so.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

Charlie19 wrote: »

"The Seattle Sounders player who won the Champions League yet became a figure of fun over an own goal will retire soon"

Theyre taking a bit of a simplistic view there. He was much worse than just one OG.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

Maybe he hates football - I know I do right now! :pac:

Theres very little I wouldn't do, whether I hated it or not, for £60k a week.:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,937 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Hopefully Sturridge will come back in January and get into double figues by the end of the season like he did when he first arrived.

Hopefully Sturridge will come back in January and get into double figues by the end of the season like he did when he first arrived.

The club need to plan without Sturridge tbh. He's incredibly injury prone.

• Advertisement

The club need to plan without Sturridge tbh. He's incredibly injury prone.

If the club thought like that they'd sell him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,188 ✭✭✭mosstin

Tuesday's team selection will be very telling. Ostensibly Gerrard was rested yesterday so will Rodgers just drop him back in and at whose expense? Lallana for Coutinho is a very obvious change that needs to happen. Lucas was excellent yesterday and has to start and Toure definitely deserves to keep his starting place.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Chucky the tree

To be fair I can see an argument to not start Lucas. He was excellent but if he plays Tuesday it will be his third game in 7 days and when he hasn't played much football it could be one game to many in such a short space of time. However if he doesn't start it needs to be Can in his place and not Gerrard.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,987 ✭✭✭Kerrigooney

I wouldn't play Lucas on Tuesday but he has to play next weekend.

I want to win the league cup but the league is more important now.

Quite - its not as if Liverpool don't have options - that was why the summer was so busy I thought! Its only Leicester ;)

Tuesday is the league. :confused:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,162 ✭✭✭Augmerson

mosstin wrote: »
    Tuesday is the league. :confused:

Bit confusing as it's Tuesday. I had to check fixtures to be sure what type of game it was.

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

2 weeks too early dude.

Oops...thanks lads.

I am all over the place right now.

Oops...thanks lads.

I am all over the place right now.

No problem Brendan.

• Advertisement

mosstin wrote: »
    No problem Brendan.

Outstanding.

Just to set the record straight media talk of a fall out between us 2 is NONSENSE ..have a nice Sunday 👍#together#solid#ynwa

http://instagram.com/p/wBdvz9nHop/

Apparently there is no rift between Rodgers and Gerrard.

http://www.theguardian.com/football/2014/nov/30/liverpool-steven-gerrard-rift-brendan-rodgers?

Love to know who set that hare running!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,564 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

We got a clean sheet yesterday! Linda will be so happy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,504 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

"I'm tellin' you Steven, Johnson will win it for us, okay."

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

http://www.football365.com/liverpool/9586781/Rodgers-Gerrard-Won-t-Play-Every-Game
    "Steven's at the stage of his career where he's not going to be playing in every game," Rodgers said.

I am generally not one to comment on out of context quotes but I am bemused by this comment.

Gerrard has played the full 90mins of every league match up the Stoke game. Gerrard also started every single match in all competitions before the Stoke match.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Chucky the tree

The worst thing about that article was this...
    Rodgers confirmed that talks with Gerrard's representatives over a new contract are ongoing with the Liverpudlian's current deal set to expire in June 2015.

Ugh.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,845 ✭✭✭Hidalgo

If the papers are to be believed, we haven't a bob to spend in January unless we move people on.

There'll be no top class striker brought in so.

No major surprise tbh
    Rodgers had plenty to spend in the summer and I can't see FSG sanctioning another big spend.
    Who'd really trust him anyway going by the majority of his transfer dealings so far.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,583 ✭✭✭mormank

http://www.football365.com/liverpool/9586781/Rodgers-Gerrard-Won-t-Play-Every-Game

I am generally not one to comment on out of context quotes but I am bemused by this comment.

Gerrard has played the full 90mins of every league match up the Stoke game. Gerrard also started every single match in all competitions before the Stoke match.

Did gerrard start the real madrid game at the Bernabeu?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,438 ✭✭✭5live

Um...Real Madrid?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

The worst thing about that article was this...

Ugh.

I'd give him the contract just to stop the inevitable 'I can't believe we let him go' posts when he does something worthwhile every few months.

Although the contract would be 50 grand per week, reduced to 10 if he starts that weeks game.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

mormank wrote: »

Not sure. Just had a quick nosey at Socccernet for stats.

mormank wrote: »

No

A cheeky bid for Goaldado :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,299 ✭✭✭djPSB

A cheeky bjid for Goaldado :p

Bolasie would be a better signing.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,583 ✭✭✭mormank

Augeo wrote: »
    No

Didn't think so.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,901 ✭✭✭Raif Severance

Jesus, I thought we had it Bad, but B. Dortmund is actually at the Bottom of Bundesliga!

Wonder what Nuri is feeling right now. Since 2 of his Teams (Liverpool, Dortmund) are currently Struggling.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,629 ✭✭✭googled eyes

Wonder what Nuri is feeling right now. Since 2 of his Teams (Liverpool, Dortmund) are currently Struggling.

Something along the lines of "fck football"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,325 ✭✭✭smileyj1987

Hidalgo wrote: »
    No major surprise tbh
    Rodgers had plenty to spend in the summer and I can't see FSG sanctioning another big spend.
    Who'd really trust him anyway going by the majority of his transfer dealings so far.

Has the manager had full say though ? To me it seems like it's him and the transfer committee that decide the players !!

What's the point of another big spend? He won't even play the players that were bought during the summer.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement