Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2014 - Mod Warning in OP, 10/12

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,792 ✭✭✭✭Charlie19

Jesus, I thought we had it Bad, but B. Dortmund is actually at the Bottom of Bundesliga!

Wonder what Nuri is feeling right now. Since 2 of his Teams (Liverpool, Dortmund) are currently Struggling.

#blameNuri

• Registered Users Posts: 2,845 ✭✭✭Hidalgo

Has the manager had full say though ? To me it seems like it's him and the transfer committee that decide the players !!

It doesn't appear he has 100% control, more of a group effort. Whatever was used last summer would be continued in Jan if money is to be spent.

Djimi announcing he's retiring

Legend

1724626_885914148107262_2561923378079903602_n.jpg?oh=1fc77c56a9226ff49cf41bac8cfee60a&oe=5518C31A&__gda__=1426198941_a4a404a68f1dc0a3af9d25170f468440

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,592 ✭✭✭brevity

https://twitter.com/MrBoywunder/status/539141210947223552

Who said they were driving him to the airport?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,937 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

That goal was the best thing to happy him and the club in a long time if it gets him his move away.

rarnes1 wrote: »

Legend

1724626_885914148107262_2561923378079903602_n.jpg?oh=1fc77c56a9226ff49cf41bac8cfee60a&oe=5518C31A&__gda__=1426198941_a4a404a68f1dc0a3af9d25170f468440

https://twitter.com/barrigan_ian/status/539131463657332736

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

We can't sell our number 1 striker.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Jesus, I thought we had it Bad, but B. Dortmund is actually at the Bottom of Bundesliga!

Wonder what Nuri is feeling right now. Since 2 of his Teams (Liverpool, Dortmund) are currently Struggling.

Cheeky bid for Mkhitaryan? or Misskhitaryan as he is now known! :p
    brevity wrote: »
    https://twitter.com/MrBoywunder/status/539141210947223552

Who said they were driving him to the airport?

"I had that Glen Johnson in the back of my car"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,361 ✭✭✭YouTookMyName

Anyone know when the next round of tv fixtures are announced?

I've a possible ticket for villa away and west ham at home.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,414 ✭✭✭Lord Trollington

That goal was the best thing to happy him and the club in a long time if it gets him his move away.

It's all well and good getting rid of Johnson but we need a replacement.

You see what happened when we didn't replace Suarez, completely different players and influence on the team I know but before we know it an injury or two and Kolo or Gerrard is playing right back, another shambles in the making.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,414 ✭✭✭Lord Trollington

Hopefully Sturridge will come back in January and get into double figues by the end of the season like he did when he first arrived.

Lets say sturridge comes does come back in Jan and hit 10/12 goals, that along with our current scoring rate will leave us around the 60 goal mark.

Absolutely no where near enough to finish in the top 4 particularly when we are conceding like we are at the moment also.

We genuinely need another top striker to contribute 10/12 goals from Jan along with Sturridge..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

Legend

You're slow off the mark. He announced it a couple of pages back :)

You're slow off the mark. He announced it a couple of pages back :)

Djimi wouldn't have it any other way!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,937 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

You see what happened when we didn't replace Suarez, completely different players and influence on the team I know but before we know it an injury or two and Kolo or Gerrard is playing right back, another shambles in the making.
    Lets say sturridge comes does come back in Jan and hit 10/12 goals, that along with our current scoring rate will leave us around the 60 goal mark.

Absolutely no where near enough to finish in the top 4 particularly when we are conceding like we are at the moment also.

We genuinely need another top striker to contribute 10/12 goals from Jan along with Sturridge..

Well I don't have any faith in the club buying players anymore be it the manager or the transfer committee.

It maybe time to promote from within.

Hopefully Flanagan can come back to full fitness and fill the RB role.

As for a striker I don't see FSG having the faith in those picking the players to give them a huge budget in January. I don't balme them either.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,801 ✭✭✭✭Francie Barrett

Caught a half of the Dortmund game and the similarities with us were eerie. They couldn't defend for toffee, the midfield was inept and the attackers played with no confidence. It's interesting how we've both managed to implode in such a similar way.

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

Anyone know when the next round of tv fixtures are announced?

I've a possible ticket for villa away and west ham at home.

Fixtures have been announced until the end of January so those games are both remaining as 3pm Saturday kickoffs.

It's all well and good getting rid of Johnson but we need a replacement......

Wisdom will be back next year, he's good enough to be 2nd choice right back without a doubt. Manquillo may stay on a permanent basis. Flanagan too, I forgot about him tbh.

The £120k/week Johnson is on at the moment will easily finance another purchase.
    Lets say sturridge comes does come back in Jan and hit 10/12 goals, that along with our current scoring rate will leave us around the 60 goal mark........
    I'd sooner look at points rather than goals scored as a meaningful measure, many goals are effectively meaningless, points are not :)

On current points haul we are on course for 50/51 points, if we had been playing Lambert all along I thing we'd already be on course for the 60 point mark I reckon, that would get 7th/8th in last years table.

Last year Arsenal scored 68 goals and they attained 79 points & 4th, I don't think the 4th placed team will have 79 points this year.

Anyway...... we can be almost sure Borini is off in January, minimum £8m I'd reckon, we will probably see a forward of some sort come in, I do think if he had left a few months back we would have seen someone come in than, maybe even Remy, who knows :)

As bad as we've been we are 3 points off Arsenal & Spurs and level with Everton.

West Ham, Southampton, Newcastle or Swansea won't be in the top 4.

Things are far from rosy in the garden but maybe an element of progress is being made, Gerrard hasn't been in the starting 11 twice in the last few weeks, Lucas seems solid enough along with Allen. Gerrard isn't too unhappy....https://twitter.com/MostarLFC/status/538757778177679360?cn=cmVjb3NfbmV0d29ya19kaWdlc3RfYWI%3D

Lambert has done pretty well and you'd nearly fancy him to score again soon, perhaps even on Tuesday...... YNWA folks

https://twitter.com/Robbie9Fowler/status/536720986159079424/photo/1

Adam Phillips and Trent Arnold are playing for England U17s against Brazil

1-0 up about 40 mins left, you can watch it live and legal here

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ftmqFIxUIRA

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,299 ✭✭✭djPSB

How long more will they give Klopp??

Could be looking for a job soon enough.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,213 ✭✭✭shamrock55

I have a spare bollard in the van will that do

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,297 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

Augmerson wrote: »
    You are our good luck charm, make it happen you Derry lunatic!

You will also be personally held responsible if we lose.

You're Welcome :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,954 ✭✭✭garra

Time to bring Borini in from the cold, Tuesday night's line-up:

Ming
    Manqy Toure Skittles Enrique
    - - - - - - -Lucas
    - - - - Can - Allen
    Borini - - - - - - - - - Lallana
    - - - - -Lambert

Subs: Gerrard, Sterling, Coutinho, Henderson, Johnson, Jones

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,890 ✭✭✭✭klose

Id be amazed if johnson does not start tuesday, rodgers seems to love him.

garra wrote: »
    Time to bring Borini in from the cold, Tuesday night's line-up:

Ming
    Manqy Toure Skittles Enrique
    - - - - - - -Lucas
    - - - - Can - Allen
    Borini - - - - - - - - - Lallana
    - - - - -Lambert

Subs: Gerrard, Sterling, Coutinho, Henderson, Johnson, Jones

Gerrard will be starting I reckon, Johnson starts unless medical folk reckon he shouldn't, no chance of Borini starting, we'll see him in the cup though in a few weeks I reckon.

klose wrote: »

Of course he will, and Gerrard will too.

• Advertisement

klose wrote: »

After a clean sheet and a goal I doubt he'll be dropped.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,510 ✭✭✭✭noodler

After a clean sheet and a goal I doubt he'll be dropped.

Even stopped clock is right twice a day!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,845 ✭✭✭Hidalgo

djPSB wrote: »
    How long more will they give Klopp??

Could be looking for a job soon enough.

He'll get till well after the winter break anyhow I'd imagine so long as Dortmund aren't in danger of being cut adrift in the table altogether

noodler wrote: »
    Even stopped clock is right twice a day!

If he's not gonna be dropped playing poorly I doubt he'll be dropped after yesterday! Who knows.

I'd prefer not to see him on the pitch.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,188 ✭✭✭mosstin

Hidalgo wrote: »
    He'll get till well after the winter break anyhow I'd imagine so long as Dortmund aren't in danger of being cut adrift in the table altogether

There's no doubt FSG will be monitoring his situation. Would be interesting were he to lose his job in March and we were looking well short of a top 4 finish. Arsenal strongly linked too.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,162 ✭✭✭Augmerson

https://vine.co/v/O1m9H5ZEeHX

**** how do you embed vines?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,319 ✭✭✭emo72

i can see the headlines already "Klopp, Top Of The Kop".

Apart from the brain fart of letting Bojan (I think) easily take the ball off him in the first half I didn't think johnson was too bad yesterday at all, although Stoke weren't exactly the most attacking of teams yesterday.

Just watching TOTP er MOTD Shelvey had a very bad day at the office.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

Was gonna mention it last night but decided against it. A lot of his teammates seemed to have been pissed off with him too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,648 ✭✭✭mav79

You will have people comparing him to Gerrard the next time he scores from 30 yards, and wondering why he was sold. But watching him for Swansea most weeks just shows he has a lot more bad performances than good. Tbh since he has left he has not improved all that much despite playing most weeks.

mav79 wrote: »
    You will have people comparing him to Gerrard the next time he scores from 30 yards, and wondering why he was sold. But watching him for Swansea most weeks just shows he has a lot more bad performances than good. Tbh since he has left he has not improved all that much despite playing most weeks.

Agree, was never going to be good enough for LFC.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭MD1990

mav79 wrote: »
    Still would have been a more useful squad player than Alberto was last season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,051 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

We still definitely should have only loaned him out rather than selling though - even if we sold him at the end of last season we'd have made a few extra million.

Fun fact for a Monday morning. This is our joint best unbeaten run of the season. If we can get something from the game against Leicester we'll be on our hottest unbeaten streak of the season of 3 games.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,456 ✭✭✭lee_baby_simms

5starpool wrote: »
    Fun fact for a Monday morning. This is our joint best unbeaten run of the season. If we can get something from the game against Leicester we'll be on our hottest unbeaten streak of the season of 3 games.

I'm in dreamland.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,801 ✭✭✭✭Francie Barrett

Like Charlie Adam, Shelvey is one of these players that is capable of magic and several times a season, you will see him score some cracker that makes you wonder why we ever got rid of them. The problem with Shelvey though is that he is prone to a brain fart, we saw that several times in his Anfield career, and Swansea have seen it a couple of times already. He's a decent Premier League player, but certainly no better than anyone else in the squad, so really he's not a great loss.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,300 ✭✭✭✭rob316

Like Charlie Adam, Shelvey is one of these players that is capable of magic and several times a season, you will see him score some cracker that makes you wonder why we ever got rid of them. The problem with Shelvey though is that he is prone to a brain fart, we saw that several times in his Anfield career, and Swansea have seen it a couple of times already. He's a decent Premier League player, but certainly no better than anyone else in the squad, so really he's not a great loss.

Aye, remember the game at Swansea last year, he scored but he had a mare and we scored from 2 gifts from him.

Horribly inconsistent and technically poor, someone like Coutinho is a much better prospect to persist with.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,184 ✭✭✭✭Pighead

Gerard offered a new contract. Think Rogers is on Sky Sports shortly to talk about it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,365 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

I really hope that Rodgers, and Gerrard for that matter, have been taking notes on how Lampard is being used at Manchester City.

Think a move to Italy would be a great move for Gerrard himself.

Pace of the game is much slower which would suit him. Would love to see him win a League medal somewhere.

Not easy taking all the abuse from PL fans either since his slip against Chelsea.

https://twitter.com/br_uk/status/539369139681632256

Turty, have you been writing Brendan's press releases?
    ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

brevity wrote: »
    https://twitter.com/br_uk/status/539369139681632256

Turty, have you been writing Brendan's press releases?
    ;)

He's no 'Louie'.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,724 ✭✭✭gafferino

http://www.liverpoolfc.com/news/latest-news/175382-rodgers-on-gerrard-contract-latest

"Firstly, in terms of where it is at with the club, the latest is that with Steven, his representatives and the club, he has been offered a contract here.

"At this moment in time, that's where it's at. I think Steven, for everything he's done here in the period of time he's been here - 16 years - is a man that deserves the utmost respect and should be given that time to consider it.

"It's a big move, not just in his life in terms of committing where his next contract is going to be, and he needs to be given that time and respect to look at that.

"There's certainly one thing it won't be - and there are probably many things Steven will have to think about in a decision like this - but it certainly won't be money. I've spoken to him enough times and at length, and that won't be the case. Between now and the end of the season, he deserves that opportunity to have a think of where it's at.

----

He replied: "For Glen, there were discussions between the club and his representatives towards the end of last season and in the summer - and that's something that is between them, really. How far down the line that is at this moment in time, I'm not so sure.

"I had a conversation with Glen only the other week and said irrespective of where it is at, it's in the best interests of him just to keep his focus, his concentration and keep working well. In fairness to him, there haven't been too many times in my time here when he hasn't played, apart from injury, and he's been first class.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,724 ✭✭✭gafferino

http://www.liverpoolfc.com/news/latest-news/175376-fitness-update-on-mamadou-and-mario

"The squad will be pretty much the same," the boss said at his pre-match press conference. "Sakho trained yesterday with the team for the first time, but won't be match-ready yet. And Mario is still not fit."

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement