Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2014 - Mod Warning in OP, 10/12

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,564 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

Augmerson wrote: »
    giphy.gif

Packet of m&m's for anyone who gets the reference.

We-Need-to-Talk-About-Kevin-Movie-Review-2.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,278 ✭✭✭x43r0

Tom.D.BJJ wrote: »
    Also, Cech will be available soon although he might prefer a move to Italy/France rather than staying in England.

I don't know - Shipping his drum kit to Italy/France would be a serious balls. He'll prob stay in England :pac:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,162 ✭✭✭Augmerson

OwaynOTT wrote: »
    We-Need-to-Talk-About-Kevin-Movie-Review-2.jpg

giphy.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,407 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

I like Lambert. I think he offers something tangible. By contrast Borini flaps around the place. World class movement maybe but you don't actually believe he'll ever score like.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,337 ✭✭✭jasonb

It's amazing what a couple of wins do to this thread, we're almost like the Pandas of old this morning... :)

J.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,385 ✭✭✭Nerdlingr

Lambert is the more intelligent footballer. Borini will try pot shots from anywhere more in hope than actual conviction.

Nerdlingr wrote: »
    Lambert is the more intelligent footballer. Borini will try pot shots from anywhere more in hope than actual conviction.

Balotelli....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,836 ✭✭✭Sir Gallagher

Borini should have left when he knew he was surpluss to requirements. Instead he stupidly thought he could make it for Liverpool and change everyone's minds, of course he didn't because he doesn't have the talent. So Rodgers is then left with a player who didnt leave when asked and who still isnt good enough for the team, if I was Rodgers i'd be pissed off with him too.

I just get the impression that Borini is a little mental or a little dim. In saying that i still think he should be on the bench considering our current predicament with Strikers.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,128 ✭✭✭✭Oranage2

Borini should have left when he knew he was surpluss to requirements. Instead he stupidly thought he could make it for Liverpool and change everyone's minds, of course he didn't because he doesn't have the talent. So Rodgers is then left with a player who didnt leave when asked and who still isnt good enough for the team, if I was Rodgers i'd be pissed off with him too.

I just get the impression that Borini is a little mental or a little dim. In saying that i still think he should be on the bench considering our current predicament with Strikers.

Turn it around and people would be saying he didn't show enough ambition, just like Henderson, Rodgers tried to sell him, then tried freezing him out, now Henderson is one of the first names on the team sheet.

Borini saw Suarez leaving, knew sturridge is injury prone, also pool are in the cl, in his mind it's probably his best chance at making it at a big club in the champions league. It goes wrong, he's still young and takes a step down.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,937 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Looks like we have a new DoF. Santa :eek::D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭MD1990

Incredible that Borini gets criticised for trying to make it at Liverpool. We know most likely he isn't good enough but Lambert was doing nothing a few weeks ago & has turned a corner. if Borini got a chance or a goal things could easily change.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,516 ✭✭✭✭ArmaniJeanss

A bit harsh really, you are talking about 20x year olds who have been the best at every single level they have played all their lives.
    Battered the bigger street kids as a 6 year old, motored through the schoolboy ranks, then stood out as the star man in the regional school boy teams, joined a pro teams academy and managed to beat the 33/1 odds of getting a contract, made the first team, succeeded, then got the move to a top team etc. Always displayed suprememe confidece and never failed.

So very unfair to call them stupid or dim for not recognising the first glass ceiling they encounter.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,592 ✭✭✭brevity

Well done to Lambert on having more game intelligence than a player 10 years younger than him.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,414 ✭✭✭Lord Trollington

A bit harsh really, you are talking about 20x year olds who have been the best at every single level they have played all their lives.
    Battered the bigger street kids as a 6 year old, motored through the schoolboy ranks, then stood out as the star man in the regional school boy teams, joined a pro teams academy and managed to beat the 33/1 odds of getting a contract, made the first team, succeeded, then got the move to a top team etc. Always displayed suprememe confidece and never failed.

So very unfair to call them stupid or dim for not recognising the first glass ceiling they encounter.

Couldn't agree more. Borini has only ever played at the top top level except for a loan spell at Swansea.

He has 23 league goals in 80 odd appearances too which isn't too shabby. Last night when the game opened up I think he would have been a far better option up front than Lambert.

If Boirini isn't the standard for LFC , Lambert certainly isn't.

Lambert in my opinion would not start on any other Champions League team in Europe and at the moment we are relying on him to lead the front line for us to qualify for next seasons CL.

The pressure on Sturridge when he returns will be immense.

giphy.gif

Captures perfectly what it is like to be a supporter of this club.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,337 ✭✭✭jasonb

giphy.gif

Captures perfectly what it is like to be a supporter of this club.

I've seen that a few times now, always makes me laugh, and you're right too... :)

J.

Balotelli....

Yes, Balotelli too...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,328 ✭✭✭Magico Gonzalez

Nerdlingr wrote: »
    Yes, Balotelli too...

Hopefully after January Balotelli will be 3rd choice behind Sturridge, Lambert and the tea lady.

I'm only glad the transfer fee wasn't ar3e stingingly high.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,751 ✭✭✭Ste-

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

How much plus £1?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,872 ✭✭✭Dickerty

Turtyturd wrote: »
    How much plus £1?

Nothing plus £1? Why would we want him?

Would love us to buy someone like Witsel.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,407 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

Dickerty wrote: »
    Nothing plus £1? Why would we want him?

I dunno, because he stood out in the CL last year and the WC as a pacey, strong and creative threat? Why else?

LuckyLloyd wrote: »
    I dunno, because he stood out in the CL last year and the WC as a pacey, strong and creative threat? Why else?

Lots of players are good in big tournaments, that is not a reason to sign them. He's been less than prolific in 3 season on loan in France, Spain and Greece, never hit double figures.
    He scored ONE goal in the CL last year, is that what 'standing out' means now?
    And has done nothing for Arsenal this season.

So instead of 'why else', ask - 'why??'

• Registered Users Posts: 1,353 ✭✭✭MR NINE

I think campbell could be a good shout, dont think arsenal would be willing to help us though. More likely he'll end up at a lower team

brevity wrote: »

No way we sign a CM unless one of our leaves. The most likely is Lucas, and now he looks undroppable!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,901 ✭✭✭Raif Severance

Yeah, I actually Rate Campbell. But the Question is, does BR?

That's always been the Problem with our Transfer. We could Buy everyone under the Sun and it still wouldn't matter any Lick, if the Manager doesn't Play them.

Yeah, I actually Rate Campbell. But the Question is, does BR?

That's always been the Problem with our Transfer. We could Buy everyone under the Sun and it still wouldn't matter any Lick, if the Manager doesn't Play them.

Yep, I want that sorted before the manager is gone but if they can't come to an agreement then he needs to go.

On Campbell, he has looked decent when I have seen him but if he can't get ahead of the likes Giroud and Sanongo then you have to wonder.

• Registered Users Posts: 849 ✭✭✭Connavar

What worries me is that he couldn't get into the arsenal team above sanogo

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,836 ✭✭✭Sir Gallagher

Ah fair enough, good post. I'm just feeling like a miserable cunt today and i'm pissed off in general at the amount of dross in our squad.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,901 ✭✭✭Raif Severance

Turtyturd wrote: »
    Yep, I want that sorted before the manager is gone but if they can't come to an agreement then he needs to go.

On Campbell, he has looked decent when I have seen him but if he can't get ahead of the likes Giroud and Sanongo then you have to wonder.

We've Spent 120M last Transfer Window.

And of those who we've Bought back then, the only one you can actually Call a Regular, is Manquillo. And he's a Loanee.

Think about that.

We've Pissed away so many Millions, during the FSG Era.

We have been Clamoring for this Kind of Financial Support during Rafa's Tenure. But now that we have it, we can't seem to make Good Use of it.

Heskey is back from Aus and looking for a club..

Just saying :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,539 ✭✭✭BenEadir

Borini should have left when he knew he was surpluss to requirements.
    You make it sound like Liverpool offered to pay up his contract or at worst tear up his contract and he refused to go. What you actually mean is Borini refused to go to a club he didn't want to go to. Why should he? Liverpool saw fit to pay £12m for him and give him a great big contract. Why did LFC do that if they didn't want to honour that contract?
    Instead he stupidly thought he could make it for Liverpool and change everyone's minds, of course he didn't because he doesn't have the talent.
    So now it's stupid for a 23 year old Italian international to think he could be good enough for LFC? Seriously? Also, why did LFC buy him if he didn't have the talent? Why were Sunderland prepared to pay £14m for him if he didn't have the talent? Why has he been capped by Italy if he doesn't have the talent?
    if I was Rodgers i'd be pissed off with him too.
    The only one BR (or anyone connected with LFC be it fan or official) should be pissed off with is whoever decided Borini was worth £12m and a long lucrative contract which is probably BR himself as he constantly confirms he has the final say over transfers etc etc
    I just get the impression that Borini is a little mental or a little dim.
    Of course he is, running down his contract whilst picking up massive wages is stupid stupid stupid, at the end of the season he'll have had so little game time an Italian team of his choice will be able to pick him up for €SFA and consequently afford to give him another long term contract on massive wages. What a silly stupid and dim person he is. Totally.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,316 ✭✭✭kevohmsford

We have signed enough young players now for Rodgers to work with.
    A proven new striker and goalkeeper badly needed in January.

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

Joel Campbell might go on to have a very good career but he is not the player we need to sign in January to help out our goalscoring problems.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

5starpool wrote: »
    Joel Campbell might go on to have a very good career but he is not the player we need to sign in January to help out our goalscoring problems.

My sentiments exactly. Be better off just paying to bring Origi back in that scenario.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,349 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Would nearly prefer Thierry Henry to Campbell.

Benteke.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,845 ✭✭✭Hidalgo

brevity wrote: »

Witsel is a name I've had in mind for the last year or so as a possible answer to problems between the back 4 and CM/AM.

I assume he's on a fair weekly wedge

Heskey is back from Aus and looking for a club..

Just saying :p

I don't think Migs nose would be happy to see him... :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 295 ✭✭Lojak

Knex. wrote: »

Thats a reworded version of the Mignolet chant Sunderland had, is it not?

4 away wins tonight would be nice.

Unjinx.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,890 ✭✭✭✭klose

Coates starting for Sunderland as he's back from injury, just has aguero to deal with.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,142 ✭✭✭Pilsbury Doughboy

Lojak wrote: »
    Thats a reworded version of the Mignolet chant Sunderland had, is it not?

Nope, it's a reworded version of this song ;)

• Advertisement

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2859582/Martin-Odegaard-takes-Liverpool-tour-chase-Norwegian-wonderkid-hots-up.html?ITO=1490&ns_mchannel=rss&ns_campaign=1490

20A3EFD100000578-0-Manchester_United_are_yet_to_table_a_firm_offer_for_Odegaard_acc-m-1_1417633696833.jpg
    Liverpool are making their play to sign Norway starlet Martin Odegaard after he arrived for a tour of the club on Wednesday.
    The 15-year-old has already spent time with Real Madrid and Manchester United, although United hope to see him again, and landed on Merseyside to take a look at Liverpool's ground and facilities.
    Liverpool's first team squad and staff were given the day off but Stromsgodset midfielder Odegaard - who is supposedly a Liverpool fan - and his father took the opportunity to look around Anfield, Melwood and Liverpool city centre.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,889 ✭✭✭✭The Moldy Gowl

Odegaard is meant to be a utd fan as well. Pretty sure I read that when it was posted a while back

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,694 ✭✭✭BMJD

Some lad called Aspas just scored two for Seville, should get him in January.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,890 ✭✭✭✭klose

Aspas just scored a 4 minute hat trick for sevilla

We won't be able to bring him back, he's a United fan.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement