Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2014 - Mod Warning in OP, 10/12

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,564 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

The only sub 4 minute hat tricks worth talking about are against Arsenal.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

There's bound to be someone giving out about Rodgers loaning Aspas out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,395 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

Odegaard is meant to be a utd fan as well. Pretty sure I read that when it was posted a while back

Huge Liverpool fan. His whole family are apparently.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,739 ✭✭✭ASOT

Odegaard is meant to be a utd fan as well. Pretty sure I read that when it was posted a while back

No hes a massive Liverpool fan, sure theres videos of him at the last Norway camp playing as Liverpool and signing youll never walk alone!! Seems the real deal for a kid his age i hope we manage to get a decent contract offer in.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,889 ✭✭✭✭The Moldy Gowl

Huge Liverpool fan. His whole family are apparently.

Not that it matters anyway. Just paper filler.
    He will go to Madrid anyway. They gave a great youth system

• Registered Users Posts: 4,414 ✭✭✭Lord Trollington

Mentioned here before that I thought we should sign Wanyama and Forrester from celtic fe seasons.

Both look excellent for Southampton.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

Is epic fail what the kids are saying these days?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,937 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Mentioned here before that I thought we should sign Wanyama and Forrester from celtic fe seasons.

Lallana, Lovren & Lambert looked excellent for Southampton all last season.

Lallana, Lovren & Lambert looked excellent for Southampton all last season.

I never was convinced by signing Lambert or Lovren. I was excited by Lallana but for some reason he had been a let down.

Forrester and Wanyama wouod have cost £19m collectively from Celtic. Less than both lovren and lallana.

And are 2 players we actually need.

Liverpool Football Club will sit down with supporters to discuss increasing ticket prices which have forced Anfield into a no-flag protest in recent weeks
    Although on Wednesday afternoon the two supporters groups confirmed that they have “had confirmation that the club will meet with them” and that as a result “the flags will be back out” for this weekend’s Premier League match with Sunderland.

http://www.irishtimes.com/sport/soccer/english-soccer/liverpool-respond-to-fans-no-flag-protests-over-rising-ticket-prices-1.2024727

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,734 ✭✭✭Fowler87

obligatory aspas video incoming...

• Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

It's going to be another summer of scavenging southampton.

Bring along Schneiderlin too.

I never was convinced by signing Lambert or Lovren. I was excited by Lallana but for some reason he had been a let down.

Forrester and Wanyama wouod have cost £19m collectively from Celtic. Less than both lovren and lallana.

And are 2 players we actually need.

I'm not disagreeing with you.

Forrester was a keeper I would have taken a chance with.

A DM just won't happen as long as Rodgers is manager I believe

He has never bought one at any club he has managed.

Schneiderlin & Clyne were the 2 Southampton players I wanted during the Summer.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Chucky the tree

I'm not disagreeing with you.

Forrester was a keeper I would have taken a chance with.

A DM just won't happen as long as Rodgers is manager I believe

He has never bought one at any club he has managed.

Schneiderlin & Clyne were the 2 Southampton players I wanted during the Summer.

Probably because he didn't need to buy one at Swansea. :confused:

He has had 5/6 windows to buy one at Liverpool and we have needed one have we not?

He spent £200m as Liverpool manager without buying one.

Swansea was also a team he inherited and didn't add many players to it as manger.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,349 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Watching the Arsenal game and they look exactly like we've been for the last three months, albeit with a few quicker players.

and is currently using Lucas at Liverpool while also deploying Gerrard there all last season

:confused:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,771 ✭✭✭michael999999

So Aspas scored a 4 minute hat trick!

Watching the Arsenal game and they look exactly like we've been for the last three months, albeit with a few quicker players.

Sorry but we look nothing like them. They are moving the ball far better from defence to attack.

Their movement is far better and look far more likely to score than we ever do.

We look lethargic , slow and predictable .

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,836 ✭✭✭Sir Gallagher

BenEadir wrote: »
    You make it sound like Liverpool offered to pay up his contract or at worst tear up his contract and he refused to go. What you actually mean is Borini refused to go to a club he didn't want to go to. Why should he? Liverpool saw fit to pay £12m for him and give him a great big contract. Why did LFC do that if they didn't want to honour that contract?

So now it's stupid for a 23 year old Italian international to think he could be good enough for LFC? Seriously? Also, why did LFC buy him if he didn't have the talent? Why were Sunderland prepared to pay £14m for him if he didn't have the talent? Why has he been capped by Italy if he doesn't have the talent?

The only one BR (or anyone connected with LFC be it fan or official) should be pissed off with is whoever decided Borini was worth £12m and a long lucrative contract which is probably BR himself as he constantly confirms he has the final say over transfers etc etc

Of course he is, running down his contract whilst picking up massive wages is stupid stupid stupid, at the end of the season he'll have had so little game time an Italian team of his choice will be able to pick him up for €SFA and consequently afford to give him another long term contract on massive wages. What a silly stupid and dim person he is. Totally.

And yet with his glittering International career and apparently every side in Serie A coveting his signature he can't even get on the bench of a mediocre Liverpool side with two injured strikers.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,162 ✭✭✭Augmerson

So Aspas scored a 4 minute hat trick!

giphy.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

I hear that lad Aspas' corners are worth 10m alone, too.

And yet with his glittering International career and apparently every side in Serie A coveting his signature he can't even get on the bench of a mediocre Liverpool side with two injured strikers.

That's more down to the manager being a bit thick though.

He has had 5/6 windows to buy one at Liverpool and we have needed one have we not?

Swansea was also a team he inherited and didn't add many players to it as manger.

2010-11

Neil Taylor - Free -
    Scott Sinclair - 500k
    Borini - Loan - scored 6 times in 15 apperances so successful there

2011-12

Caulker - .
    Graham - £3.5M -
    Vorm £1.5M signings of last season.
    Routledge ~£1.7M
    Gylfi Sigurdsson Loan

Not too bad there at Swansea.

Augmerson wrote: »
    giphy.gif

Home alone, bettlejuice and ghostbusters, can you do either back to the future or Jurassic park next?

• Advertisement

OwaynOTT wrote: »
    2010-11

Neil Taylor - Free -
    Scott Sinclair - 500k
    Borini - Loan - scored 6 times in 15 apperances so successful there

2011-12

Caulker - .
    Graham - £3.5M -
    Vorm £1.5M signings of last season.
    Routledge ~£1.7M
    Gylfi Sigurdsson Loan

Not too bad there at Swansea.

Not bad for Liverpool either since he tried to buy about half of them by all accounts and the one he did buy he has blacklisted from what we can all see.

We have. Our manager doesn't think so though. He's played Gerrard in that position and up until this season he's been happy with him there (no idea why though).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,592 ✭✭✭brevity

Happy for Aspas even if I still cannot forgive him for that corner

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,539 ✭✭✭BenEadir

That's the best retort you can come up with???

By your logic LFC paid £12m for him because he isn't good enough for the bench even when our two main strikers are out?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,890 ✭✭✭✭klose

klose wrote: »
    Coates starting for Sunderland as he's back from injury, just has aguero to deal with.

Went horribly by all accounts from reading twitter there, city scored 4.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,987 ✭✭✭Kerrigooney

Shit and all as we are,we're only 6 points off third place. That's a bit mad.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭MD1990

Wanyama or Sneiderlein would be great signings.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,836 ✭✭✭Sir Gallagher

BenEadir wrote: »
    That's the best retort you can come up with???

By your logic LFC paid £12m for him because he isn't good enough for the bench even when our two main strikers are out?

We bought him two seasons ago, i think his fee is irrelavent at this stage, he's not good enough whatever way you look at it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Indeed.

However to add some perspective, Man City are 6 points behind Chelsea, Man City are 4/1 to win the league, effectively the bookmakers see them as having a worse than one in five chance of doing so.

Liverpool are 6 off third & 5 off 4th, but are 4 places below where we need to be, we'd be less likely to finish 4th than Man City are to win the league.

However we have our traditional better second half of the season to look forward to :D

They left out, "For United"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,052 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

On the Aspas thing, good goals too, the second was a peach:

http://www.footytube.com/video/sevilla-ce-sabadell-dec03-318338?ref=tchan_ov_vidgrid

His are Seville's second, third, and fourth.

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

Nailed on so, presumably the other part of the 10m deal for him and Reus in January.

Knex. wrote: »
    They left out, "For United"

Couldn't see him supporting West Ham enough to go there.

Turtyturd wrote: »
    Couldn't see him supporting West Ham enough to go there.

I'm sure someone at Newcastle will mistake him for being French.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,299 ✭✭✭djPSB

~Rebel~ wrote: »
    On the Aspas thing, good goals too, the second was a peach:

http://www.footytube.com/video/sevilla-ce-sabadell-dec03-318338?ref=tchan_ov_vidgrid

His are Seville's second, third, and fourth.

Still cannot understand why Rodgers let him go.

I am guessing he wasn't one of his transfers.

Just seen last night's highlights on MOTD. Great awareness from Sterling for the 3rd goal.

Unfortunate not to have a peno too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,758 ✭✭✭Strongbow10

Martin Odegaard out for dinner with Coutinho in Liverpool city centre apparently

Hes over checking out the facilities

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/liverpool/11272081/Liverpool-transfer-news-Norway-teenager-Martin-Odegaard-sparks-rumours-of-Anfield-move.html

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,473 ✭✭✭✭Super-Rush

Christian Benteke.

That is all.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,504 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

Super-Rush wrote: »
    Christian Benteke.

That is all.

Footballers never fully recover from achilles injuries. As much as I like him as a player, he's a ticking time bomb.

Stay well away.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,027 ✭✭✭willowthewisp

Super-Rush wrote: »
    Christian Benteke.

That is all.

I hope not, that is all.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,337 ✭✭✭jasonb

While it's true that you'd expect us to be a lot worse off considering how we're playing, I really don't like this kind of logic, for two reasons. Firstly, a couple of weeks ago it was 'only 5 points off' and before that it was 'only 4 points off', so we're not going the right direction, at least not yet.

Secondly, and more importantly, the teams above us are playing better than us. Until that changes (and who knows, maybe it's beginning to?) we're still outsiders for the top 4...

J.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,309 ✭✭✭T-K-O

jasonb wrote: »
    While it's true that you'd expect us to be a lot worse off considering how we're playing, I really don't like this kind of logic, for two reasons. Firstly, a couple of weeks ago it was 'only 5 points off' and before that it was 'only 4 points off', so we're not going the right direction, at least not yet.

Secondly, and more importantly, the teams above us are playing better than us. Until that changes (and who knows, maybe it's beginning to?) we're still outsiders for the top 4...

J.

Personally I love it. We cannot play any worse yet we are still close to the top 4. Our main rivals are not playing that much better than us by any stretch of the imagination. Everton, Spurs are worse, Utd & Arsenal marginally better.

Then you have West Ham, Southampton et all, these teams will fall away just like every other year.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,300 ✭✭✭✭rob316

Don't want to get ahead of myself but I'm confident we can beat Sunderland this weekend and take 9/9, beat Basel into the knockout stages of the CL and get a result at old Trafford. An top of that we should be one step closer to a trip to Wembley. Huge 2 weeks coming up.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement