Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2014 - Mod Warning in OP, 10/12

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,889 ✭✭✭✭The Moldy Gowl

Turtyturd wrote: »
    Hard to finish above 1st with them having the league wrapped up.

What are you ****eing on about now?

When has anyone said that?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,309 ✭✭✭T-K-O

Ah yeah. Just saw you changed finished to finish.

I'm not too sure. But it looks like utd are getting into form and clicking now. 4 wins out of 4, second best home record(best away record last year, so lmeans nothing)

But with rvp falcao Rooney dimaria ddg and Fellaini being a beast lately it's hard to see it. The defense has been good recently. Liverpool have an injured striker.

But the next 8-10 weeks will show a lot.

So, ill make a premature prediction and say no.

and here's me thinking Falco is injured all the time, RVP is not in great form, Rooney is OK and Fellani is really only putting in an average shift, compared to him being totally useless last year.

You go on about all things great Utd and sum LFC up with 'injured striker' :rolleyes:

I don't mind fans criticising LFC but lets keep some perspective here

T-K-O wrote: »
    and here's me thinking Falco is injured all the time, RVP is not in great form, Rooney is OK and Fellani is really only putting in an average shift, compared to him being totally useless last year.

You go on about all things great Utd and sum LFC up with 'injured striker' :rolleyes:

Haha irony alright.

My point was that utd have that little bit more with players that can get a winning strike or save than can win a match.

Falcao is coming back now so probably premature for me to include him but he has the history to be included.

Fellaini is playing far from average.

I just think utd have that extra level that Liverpool don't. Hardly anything mad about that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,983 ✭✭✭✭NukaCola

What are you ****eing on about now?

When has anyone said that?

A lot of Utd fans are very confident in Utd at the moment. Some seem to think even a title challenge is on the cards. I wont go into bringing quotes from cross threads but I think thats what he's talking about.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,394 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

T-K-O wrote: »

Rooney is on another planet to everyone in the Liverpool team.

Fellaini has been better than any Liverpool midfielder the last 2 months and has been United's best outfield player. To call what he's been doing an average shift is ridiculous.

As for the poor players in Evans, Jones and Rojo above, Rojo has outperformed every Liverpool defender this season and is goimg to be a great coup for United. Jones was in great form until his injury and Evans was earmarked by LVG to be his main man before his injury. You are talking about a team that has won 4 in a row with the likes of Valencia, Young, McNair and Blackett taking up space at the back and hasn't had it's first choice back 4 all season. I honestly don't see how United won't improve with time, not sure how others see them slipping tbh...

NukaCola wrote: »
    A lot of Utd fans are very confident in Utd at the moment. Some seem to think even a title challenge is on the cards. I wont go into bringing quotes from cross threads but I think thats what he's talking about.

Nobody has said title challenge, I believe 2nd place can be challenged for but Mourinho is never going to allow his players to mess it up.

Haha irony alright.

My point was that utd have that little bit more with players that can get a winning strike or save than can win a match.

Falcao is coming back now so probably premature for me to include him but he has the history to be included.

Fellaini is playing far from average.

I just think utd have that extra level that Liverpool don't. Hardly anything mad about that.

You have better misfiring strikers, an average midfield and a defence worse than ours, that takes some doing!

Anyway, we sort our own house and we finish above utd. Good luck

Liam O wrote: »
    Nobody has said title challenge, I believe 2nd place can be challenged for but Mourinho is never going to allow his players to mess it up.

Not one person?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

That assessment of the United team is veering into Crerrand territory.

• Advertisement

Someones on a different planet all right.....

Sorry, I'll stop short of comparing Rooney, Di Maria, Falcao, RVP and Mata to Lambert, Balotelli, Coutinho, Sterling and Sturridge before we get some actual talk out of you that's not a dick comment.

Sorry, I'll stop short of comparing Rooney, Di Maria, Falcao, RVP and Mata to Lambert, Balotelli, Coutinho, Sterling and Sturridge before we get some actual talk out of you that's not a dick comment.

You forgot Borini :P

Someones on a different planet all right.....

Ha, right well I'm sorry if the guy closing in on being United, England and the Pl's highest scorer of the 21st century isn't better than Rickie Lambert.

What Liverpool player would get into the utd team? Sterling? Sturridge? Henderson? They wouldn't be gauranteed first teamers based on other players being in form. Although Sturridge for rvp would be nice.

Ha, right well I'm sorry if the guy closing in on being United, England and the Pl's highest scorer of the 21st century isn't better than Rickie Lambert.

There's no debating with a Utd fan when they are on a 4 win run.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,395 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

Totally. Laughable stuff. A couple of wins is all it took for the guff to come back.

This was my favourite bit.
    Rojo has outperformed every Liverpool defender this season and is goimg to be a great coup for United. Jones was in great form until his injury and Evans was earmarked by LVG to be his main man before his injury. You are talking about a team that has won 4 in a row

There's no debating

You're right.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

Is there anything to be said for a combined Utd/Liverpool XI?

Ah jaysus lads. If ye can't see that utd have a better team on paper and are performing better then ye are just being biased

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,404 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

GavRedKing wrote: »
    Is there anything to be said for a combined Utd/Liverpool XI?

To take on Chelsea?

We'd be like a room full of women, not talking to each other and bitching to anyone who'd listen.

#blatantsexism

• Advertisement

Haha, the what player would get into yours chestnut. Usually ends up as an intelligent debate!

If it were Chelsea fair enough but for another average team doesn't really compute.

I'd take utds keeper straight up.

The majority of the rest of the team is made of glass so it'd be risky!

This was my favourite bit.

4 in a row....the benefits of not having European football.

It would just be a team of ddg, Fellaini, then obligatory Johnson and Gerard starting.

You're right there is no debating with a Utd fan because we have won 4 in a row.

Yup

Vicxas wrote: »
    To take on Chelsea?

We'd be like a room full of women, not talking to each other and bitching to anyone who'd listen.

#blatantsexism

Our XI against a combined XXII of Utd/Liverpool :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,395 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

rarnes1 wrote: »
    Haha, the what player would get into yours chestnut. Usually ends up as an intelligent debate!

If it were Chelsea fair enough but for another average team doesn't really compute.

I'd take utds keeper straight up.

The majority of the rest of the team is made of glass so it'd be risky!

I would definitely take De Gea and Di Maria in fairness. Quality players.

Probably Rooney too but he's Rooney so I'm not having him. So there.

Our "Combined" Year

Vicxas wrote: »
    To take on Chelsea?

#blatantsexism

Rooney would need a spaceship to get there though because he's on a different planet

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,511 ✭✭✭✭noodler

Augmerson wrote: »
    Balotelli is a better player than Remy, but Balotelli doesn't suit our strengths. Remy might have been better but failed the medical. Remy has passed medicals at other clubs but either Liverpool didn't want to take the risk having been burned before or there was a contract issue/wage demands and Liverpool decided to use the failed medical as the reason to reject the signing.

What a load of Tosh.

What metric are you using to say Balotelli is better than Remy?

noodler wrote: »
    What a load of Tosh.

What metric are you using to say Balotelli is better than Remy?

Theres probably a few medals here and there

• Advertisement

Fellaini has been better than any Liverpool midfielder the last 2 months and has been United's best outfield player. To call what he's been doing an average shift is ridiculous.

As for the poor players in Evans, Jones and Rojo above, Rojo has outperformed every Liverpool defender this season and is goimg to be a great coup for United. Jones was in great form until his injury and Evans was earmarked by LVG to be his main man before his injury. You are talking about a team that has won 4 in a row with the likes of Valencia, Young, McNair and Blackett taking up space at the back and hasn't had it's first choice back 4 all season. I honestly don't see how United won't improve with time, not sure how others see them slipping tbh...

you have outperformed EVERY other poster...

For the record, LFC midfield has been below average. To use that as a marker in the greatness of Fellani (a player I like btw) is pointless.

Rooney despite all his potential is on planet earth just like the rest of them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,511 ✭✭✭✭noodler

Theres probably a few medals here and there

Bollox.

Being sold by Inter.

Playing every every now and again in a team with Aguero, Dzeko, Tevez, Silva and Yaya Toure before the manager decides to cut you loose.

Then taking the penalties in a very poor Milan team before being cut loose.

Remy is easily the more effective player. Balloteli has never cut it as anything other than a squad player at a club packed with world class players and even then Mancini cut him loose.

No you guys are right, how can a team like United hold off the Liverpool barrage that's coming to reclaim their Champions League place? If winning games isn't going to do it I'm not sure what's left?

No you guys are right, how can a team like United hold off the Liverpool barrage that's coming to reclaim their Champions League place? If winning games isn't going to do it I'm not sure what's left?
    We will need to win 44 games to come 4th, after lambert scores 7 million goals and Balotelli scores the winner for the halfway line

noodler wrote: »
    Bollox.

Being sold by Inter.

Playing every every now and again in a team with Aguero, Dzeko, Tevez, Silva and Yaya Toure before the manager decides to cut you loose.

Then taking the penalties in a very poor Milan team before being cut loose.

Remy is by far and away the better player. Balloteli has never cut it as anything other than a squad player at a club packed with wordl class players and even then Mancini cut him loose.

What is it with people today?

To say Remy is by far and away the better player is stupid. Because he just isn't.
    They are much closer than you are making out.

We miss out on Remy and all of a sudden he's the best thing ever.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,385 ✭✭✭Nerdlingr

You use Rooney's whole career as a benchmark, yet reference Felliani's form in the last two months in another post. Which is it?

Nerdlingr wrote: »
    You use Rooney's whole career as a benchmark, yet reference Felliani's form in the last two months in another post. Which is it?

He also ignores the fact that Lambert is closing in on the PL scoring record.

We will need to win 44 games to come 4th, after lambert scores 7 million goals and Balotelli scores the winner for the halfway line

Seriously lads this is stupid stuff......

So next weekend will be fun.

• Advertisement

It depends, silly.

In similar games played, about 240, Remy and Balotelli have very similar goals figures.

Balotelli has got double figures more consistently and is about 3 years younger but Remy has matched Balotellis best league goals season (14 goals) and also beat it in the EPL with 16 last year.

He wont get near 16 league goals this year unless Drogba and Costa both pull up but he might be good for close to double figures from the bench and the odd start.

Anyway, I'm happy for Remy to be our 2nd/3rd choice, I wouldnt be too happy if he was 1 st choice as it would mean we've missed out on somebody.

Are you seriously suggesting Liam O is twisting things to make a point that everything thats Utd is great? Liam O? In a LFCs team is worse than Utd team "debate". Seriously?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

Someone needs to start the United vs Liverpool thread now :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭MD1990

Don't point out the obvious
    images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQnVlPfbXDZCMHFLYKNXqqUX4RuCnz_fRkEmNJq_w3g6C3O5e2p5tVqPq8W

So next weekend will be fun.

A 0-0 with no incidents would be way to much to ask for would it?

• Advertisement

It's good to be within touching distance of a team that has outperformed us is all departments tbf.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,937 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Any chance of taking this crap over to the utd thread please.

GavRedKing wrote: »
    A 0-0 with no incidents would be way to much to ask for would it?

Incident packed goalfest more likely!

Any chance of taking this crap over to the utd thread please.

What kind of poster would go over to a different teams thread to lecture them on how bad they are and how great your team is?

What kind of poster would go over to a different teams thread to lecture them on how bad they are and how great your team is?

Probably best not to answer that!!

Most things here are banter tbf

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement