Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2014 - Mod Warning in OP, 10/12

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,511 ✭✭✭✭noodler

NukaCola wrote: »
    What is it with people today?

To say Remy is by far and away the better player is stupid. Because he just isn't.
    They are much closer than you are making out.

We miss out on Remy and all of a sudden he's the best thing ever.

Its funny that you should put the focus of my post on Remy when it is actually on how poor Balotelli is.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

rarnes1 wrote: »
    Incident packed goalfest more likely!

Which will in turn lead to multiple bannings. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,694 ✭✭✭BMJD

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,583 ✭✭✭mormank

Borini should have left when he knew he was surpluss to requirements. Instead he stupidly thought he could make it for Liverpool and change everyone's minds, of course he didn't because he doesn't have the talent. So Rodgers is then left with a player who didnt leave when asked and who still isnt good enough for the team, if I was Rodgers i'd be pissed off with him too.

I just get the impression that Borini is a little mental or a little dim. In saying that i still think he should be on the bench considering our current predicament with Strikers.

Was that your attidtide when Hendo was deemed surplus to requirements at the start of last season also? I for one sure am glad he did the stupid thing and turned down a move when he was deemed surplus to requirements.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,162 ✭✭✭Augmerson

Liam O wrote: »
    Rooney is on another planet to everyone in the Liverpool team.

giphy.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,299 ✭✭✭djPSB

Bony scores goals. Whats not to like?

To be perfectly honest when we were linked to him I had some foolish hope that we were in for a top quality striker and I was turning up my nose to the link. Never thought he would fit into our great system BR had once upon a time.

He'd be an instant upgrade in terms of productivity and output on what we have.

Lago Aspas scores 3 goals in 4 minutes. What's not to like?

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

I disagree with the opinions of those who follow different sports teams to me, whilst I agree with those who follow the same team when they are arguing against the aforementioned supporters of differing teams.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

5starpool wrote: »
    I disagree with the opinions of those who follow different sports teams to me, whilst I agree with those who follow the same team when they are arguing against the aforementioned supporters of differing teams.

Don't pretend like you didn't miss these 'debates' when they disappeared last season.

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

Turtyturd wrote: »
    Don't pretend like you didn't miss these 'debates' when they disappeared last season.

They didn't disappear, they just moved thread and were faced the opposite way. I must admit I disliked it less then, but better to be avoided in general on here as it inevitably descends into crap.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,983 ✭✭✭✭NukaCola

noodler wrote: »
    Its funny that you should put the focus of my post on Remy when it is actually on how poor Balotelli is.

How is it funny? You asked.
    What metric are you using to say Balotelli is better than Remy?

I jokingly said something about medals and you go on your weekly Balotelli rant below.

So, you want me to go through each line?
    Bollox.

Being sold by Inter.

For 20m after helping them to 3 league 1 cup and the CL.
    Playing every every now and again in a team with Aguero, Dzeko, Tevez, Silva and Yaya Toure before the manager decides to cut you loose.

He performed well at City but obviously is a nut case. The fact that he played a big part in that team stands to him (80 games in 2 and a half years). Fantastic players in every position.
    Then taking the penalties in a very poor Milan team before being cut loose.

30 goals in 54 matches. 10 from the penalty spot.
    Remy is easily the more effective player. Balloteli has never cut it as anything other than a squad player at a club packed with world class players and even then Mancini cut him loose.

Very harsh, he has played a big part in every team he has been in and has won CL and multiple league titles. He has a similar goal per games ratio to Remy and scored in every major tournament he's played in. And is younger.

Your hatred of him is clouding your judgement. You may prefer Remy but if you look at their careers you should realise you are incorrect in your assessment that Remy is "by far" the better player.

• Advertisement

djPSB wrote: »
    Lago Aspas scores 3 goals in 4 minutes. What's not to like?

His corners

Wildred Bony and Lago Aspas as our starting forwards in January....discuss.

Wildred Bony and Lago Aspas as our starting forwards in January....discuss.

Never heard of em

Never heard of em

That's cos they're on a different planet.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,404 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

That's cos they're on a different planet.

In another Galaxy, in the Wayne Rooney Nebula.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,629 ✭✭✭googled eyes

Could anything be said for a pure LFC V UTD thread.

You go in if you want your evening ruined.

Anything goes except things that could damage boards.ie

Could anything be said for a pure LFC V UTD thread. You go in if you want your evening ruined.

Absolute ****ing mayhem.

Augmerson wrote: »
    Absolute ****ing mayhem.

dr-evil.jpg

Could anything be said for a pure LFC V UTD thread.

You go in if you want your evening ruined.

Sounds like a Soccer Forum Thunderdome hybrid.

Would be some craic for about 5minutets.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,394 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

All the jokes everyone's making and not one post to disprove my point. Not even a player that comes close to Rooney put forward. Deflection extraordinaires in this thread as usual.

All the jokes everyone's making and not one post to disprove my point. Not even a player that comes close to Rooney put forward. Deflection extraordinaires in this thread as usual.

We're sorry we didn't realize you were serious.

GavRedKing wrote: »
    Sounds like a Soccer Forum Thunderdome nybrid.

I know I wouldn't be going in...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,394 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

We're sorry we didn't realize you were serious.

And another one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,300 ✭✭✭✭rob316

Cause we're deluded cnuts!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,937 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

So why the hell do you keep coming in and posting then!

• Advertisement

Since you made the statement Liam maybe you should be the one to defend it. So please tell us, in 500 words or less, why you think Wayne Rooney is on another planet to the Liverpool team. You may use mspaint diagrams to illustrate your theories.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,889 ✭✭✭✭The Moldy Gowl

Shhhhh they are joking about us. Dont disturb them.

The Utd team are awful, when Liverpool get their stuff together the players will be better than what they are and sturridge will be the second coming.

And another one.

You take the place way too serious.

Is Rooney better than Lambert, Borini or Ballotelli? Course he is. He's as good as Aguero I heard recently! He probably earns more than them all combined 3 too. He's
    past his peak though.

Is he as good as Sturridge could probably be debated. Very different players tbf and have different strengths.

The Utd team are awful, when Liverpool get their stuff together the players will be better than what they are and sturridge will be the second coming.

Meanwhile Chelsea and City are laughing at two mediocre teams

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,395 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

Again nobody here said anything like this but if you come in telling everyone how great United are after finally winning a couple of games after god knows how long and how Rojo, Evans and Jones are the second coming of Franco Baresi then expect people to pull you up on nonsense like that. It's not Red Cafe in here.

• Advertisement

We'll be laughing at all three come the end of the season.

I'm not laughing, I'm waiting for the bubble to burst, we'll lose a game could be to City could be to Burnely but we'll lose and its how we react in the games that follow that will define our season.

Over the opening 1/3 of games we've been probably the most consistent and thats often what you need to pick up points for titles but I wouldnt be writing off anyone catching us just yet, not while were only in December anyway :)

I'm not laughing, I'm waiting for the bubble to burst, we'll lose a game could be to City could be to Burnely but we'll lose and its how we react in the games that follow that will define our season.

Over the opening 1/3 of games we've been probably the most consistent and thats often what you need to pick up points for titles but I wouldnt be writing off anyone catching us just yet, not while were only in December anyway :)

You needed strengthing up front and in midfield and you did it fantastically.

I wouldn't call the league yet as City are Champions and if Aguero stays they won't be far away. However, your squad is top class all over and has tons of experience.

• GavRedKing wrote: »
    Sounds like a Soccer Forum Thunderdome hybrid.

Make it happen, do it for charity or something. Every time you get a card you have to a donate a euro. 20 euro for red.

M!Ck^ wrote: »
    Make it happen, do it for charity or something. Every time you get a card you have to a donate a euro. 20 euro for red.

Or people could just post like adults.

Saying that I'd welcome separate forums given all this nonsense

Since you made the statement Liam maybe you should be the one to defend it. So please tell us, in 500 words or less, why you think Wayne Rooney is on another planet to the Liverpool team. You may use mspaint diagrams to illustrate your theories.

the arguement orignally was that Liverpool will finish higher than utd, if liverpool get their house in order. I said no, based on utd having better players and appear to be in form and getting used to new tactics, but I was being being premature and we will know more in January to make a better call.

This was shot down, then Liam replied, then his hyperbole gets jumped on. No harm in a bit of hyperbole as ye should have seen it for what it was. No reasons as to why Liverpool will do better other than 'if they get their house in order', which I presume meant get their defence not being awful and balotelli and sturridge scoring? But utd are doing that right now, even with a defense of 2 awful wingers, 2 youth teamers, an 18 year old and a midfielder. Against City, Chelsea, arsenal, they conceded 3 or 4 goals.

This may be a liverpool thread, but the topic of discussing if Liverpool will finish above a certain team should be allowed to be debated. Liam and I have given our side, yer side so far has been lol fellaini is average, lol rooney in a nebula, lol thank my post.

If we had been 2 arsenal supporters posting about utd in this thread, nothing would have been said.

...so, why are Liverpool going to do better than utd this year, because as it stands, it dosent look that way, it looks like utd and arsenal for 3rd/4th.

But Liverpools target was top 4 no? so why cant ye discuss yer opponents?

Wouldnt be the first or last team to throw away a double figure lead.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,038 ✭✭✭✭niallo27

Got a ticket for utd away. Have to get the bus from limerick to Dublin, then dublin to Birmingham and then get the train to Manchester. Bit bonkers but the flights were crazy prices.

niallo27 wrote: »
    Got a ticket for utd away. Have to get the bus from limerick to Dublin, then dublin to Birmingham and then get the train to Manchester. Bit bonkers but the flights were crazy prices.

You suss out flights from knock?

Bit of a mad trek but sure that's what following your team is all about.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,038 ✭✭✭✭niallo27

You suss out flights from knock?

Bit of a mad trek but sure that's what following your team is all about.

Arriving in liverpool too late. I actually got a flight back from Manchester to shannon that night for 60 quid so it's not too bad. I'm only ten minutes from shannon.

• Advertisement

• rarnes1 wrote: »
    Or people could just post like adults.

Saying that I'd welcome separate forums given all this nonsense
    Now whos taking this place way too serious? A few posts back it was Liam O apparently. When all he was looking for was an adult answer. Interesting stuff :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

Now whos taking this place way too serious? A few posts back it was Liam O apparently. When all he was looking for was an adult answer. Interesting stuff :rolleyes:

Well bleedin' take it to the relevant thread then ffs.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

TELL US ROONEY IS GREAT AND LAUGH AT OUR JOKES!

• Grayditch wrote: »
    TELL US ROONEY IS GREAT AND LAUGH AT OUR JOKES!

Find it hard to laugh with the quality on offer at the moment.
    If you discuss how great Balotelli & Lambert are then the quality of jokes should improve.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,775 ✭✭✭✭kfallon

Ah Jaysus they are still here.....I'll come back in another few hours :rolleyes:

Jaysus no more!

Who'll play in the middle the weekend?

I'm assuming Lucas and Gerrard plays and two from Henderson, Lallana and Allen.

I'd go with the former two but Rodgers has to think of the CL game I guess

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,349 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Between this and posting in Liverpool match threads when your own teaming are playing, you must be spending more time in here than the United threads m1Ck.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,891 ✭✭✭✭klose

Jaysus no more!

Who'll play in the middle the weekend?

I'm assuming Lucas and Gerrard plays and two from Henderson, Lallana and Allen.

I'd go with the former two but Rodgers has to think of the CL game I guess

Id like to see gerrard rested to play the 10 position against basel, can/lucas/hendo midfield perhaps?

klose wrote: »
    Id like to see gerrard rested to play the 10 position against basel, can/lucas/hendo midfield perhaps?

Forgot about Can.

Yeah, might be nice to have Gerrard first sub at the weekend

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

Find it hard to laugh with the quality on offer at the moment.
    If you discuss how great Balotelli & Lambert are then the quality of jokes should improve.

Mick, its been long since established that you are a far cry from a flag bearer for jokes, or humour in any relevant form.

Forgive us if we consult comic advice elsewhere.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement