Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Guinea Pig Breeders in Munster

• 02-11-2014 6:43pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,516 ✭✭✭

Hey guys, my guinea pig of 6 years has passed away recently and i am in the process of looking to get a pair of young males or females soon. Does anybody have any knowledge of breeders down south, in Munster or Cork.

I got my last pair from a pet shop, but would prefer to go direct to breeder this time if possible.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 77 ✭✭abutler101

Please consider adopting a guinea pig first. Many small animal rescues will have guinea pigs up for adoption. This website will tell you about all the positives.

http://www.guineapigcages.com/forum/forum.php

If you still want to go with a breeder make shure it is a responsible one. They shouldn't be breeding a sow more than twice in its lifetime and not many more than 8/10 litters a year at most from their entire herd. Make sure their guinea pigs are in good condition and have big enough cages (8 square feet for one pig and then ad 2.5 square feet per additional pig in a cage) and that the cages are clean. Check that they have a good diet (unlimited hay, 1 cup of veggies a day each and good pellets (JR farms brainless complete/ bunny guinea pig dream/ oxbow) too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,761 ✭✭✭Knine

Irish Rabbit & Guinea Pig Page on FB will be able to sort you out. I will add a link when I'm on the laptop.

Advertisement