Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Internet illiteracy/non-usage and paperless billing opt-out

Options
  • 02-11-2014 7:05pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 9,700 ✭✭✭

My elderly parent who has never used and will never use the internet recently got a bill which also informed about switching to paperless billing. To opt back in to paper billing requires visiting the website to opt back in. The problem with this is that there are still a large proportion (approx 20%) of the population who have never used and so are not literate when it comes to anything internet usually due to old age, disability, poverty. How are the ones who are your customers supposed to opt back in when the only path to do this is via a website?

Cheers

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 101 ✭✭eircom: Aisling

tricky D wrote: »
    My elderly parent who has never used and will never use the internet recently got a bill which also informed about switching to paperless billing. To opt back in to paper billing requires visiting the website to opt back in. The problem with this is that there are still a large proportion (approx 20%) of the population who have never used and so are not literate when it comes to anything internet usually due to old age, disability, poverty. How are the ones who are your customers supposed to opt back in when the only path to do this is via a website?

Cheers
    Hi tricky D

I have looked into this for you & there should be a notification on the bill insert for a no to call if you do not wish to go ahead with paperless billing.

Would you like to PM the acc no & I will look into this for you.

Thanks

Ash

Advertisement