Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Wheeler Dealers TV show

1121314151618»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,454 ✭✭✭mloc123

Pussyhands wrote: »
    So forget the profit so.

The profit in the first few series would be 2-300 pounds.. I would imagine it was included at that point to show they were not losing money.

Again, since they Americanised it... the target audience is the same as Fast'n'Loud and it is all about flipping them and making a huge profit.

• Registered Users Posts: 193 ✭✭Marlay

bazz26 wrote: »
    Isn't the show owned by a US tv production company these days?

As far as I can work out it is made by Discovery for their Velocity channel, which is being rebranded as Motortrend.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

Lads if your still trying to understand the concept of the show after 10 years I think you may just give up.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,172 ✭✭✭EPAndlee

I think Ant is pretty good. I did like him on for the love of cars but he's some man for not wearing gloves, you wouldn't get that with Ed

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,332 ✭✭✭V8 Interceptor

jayo26 wrote: »
    Small European cars are really popular over there now.

Really? Hmm I'm not so sure man.

Really? Hmm I'm not so sure man.

They have a good following, they will never be as popular as the American muscle car and all of course but there is a demand for the likes of the 80s early 90s stuff.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 418 ✭✭Lekrub

EPAndlee wrote: »
    I think Ant is pretty good. I did like him on for the love of cars but he's some man for not wearing gloves, you wouldn't get that with Ed

:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

Anyone watch the Golf (Rabbit) episode yet? What are the white balls attached to the underside of the bonnet?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,547 ✭✭✭Agricola

Edd worked well as a sort of square boffin to Mike's jokey wheeler dealer persona but Ant arguably fits the bill even better. They have good on screen chemistry. When you think of the demise of Top Gear and how hard it's been to get any semblance of chemistry with the new presenters, they were very lucky with Ant for Wheeler Dealers.

Patww79 wrote: »
    Anyone watch the Golf (Rabbit) episode yet? What are the white balls attached to the underside of the bonnet?

It's Volkswagen solution to vacume when the engine is at high revs/underload so basically it's a vacume reservoir.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

jayo26 wrote: »
    It's Volkswagen solution to vacume when the engine is at high revs/underload so basically it's a vacume reservoir.

Ah right. I've had them on VAG cars before (normally one big ball down beside the engine). Interesting location to put it.

Ah right. I've had them on VAG cars before (normally one big ball down beside the engine). Interesting location to put it.

Yes dunno what the reasoning for it under the hood is

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,332 ✭✭✭V8 Interceptor

Agricola wrote: »
    Edd worked well as a sort of square boffin to Mike's jokey wheeler dealer persona but Ant arguably fits the bill even better. They have good on screen chemistry. When you think of the demise of Top Gear and how hard it's been to get any semblance of chemistry with the new presenters, they were very lucky with Ant for Wheeler Dealers.

Its extremely rare in any kind of successful TV/big screen production that when a really popular character leaves the person who replaces them is sufficiently able to fill their shoes. Off the top of my head I'm thinking Uncle Albert replacing Granddad in Only Fools. Most times however it just doesn't work.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 17,760 Mod ✭✭✭✭Henry Ford III

Nice transformation. Enjoyed the show as usual.

• Registered Users Posts: 193 ✭✭Marlay

Lost count of how many times they have said 'engine out' and I'm only on episode 4. Are they still having a pop at Edd!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement