Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

IPhone 5 Wont turn on after batery drain.

• 02-11-2014 8:31pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,482 ✭✭✭

Hi
    My iphone 5 charger broke yesterday and my phone battery drained. I Bought a new one today and it charges as in the white iphone plug symbol isn't on the screen when the drained battery is so its charging. But it wont turn on.
    Any ideas ?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 669 ✭✭✭tallaghtfornia

Did you buy a genuine Apple cable ? Had to buy one today for €20 in Currys as all the 'cheapo' ones where rubbish.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,482 ✭✭✭Hollister11

Did you buy a genuine Apple cable ? Had to buy one today for €20 in Currys as all the 'cheapo' ones where rubbish.

Yea bought one in o2 for €20

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 669 ✭✭✭tallaghtfornia

Yea bought one in o2 for €20

Sorry man I'm lost so, had an issue with my lighting port a few weeks ago as the phone would not charge, had to leave it in to be repaired, guy charged me €35 to put a new port in, No issues with charging ever since.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,323 ✭✭✭brophs

Try holding the home and power buttons for 5 or 10 seconds, until you see the Apple logo show up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,196 ✭✭✭flyguy

As above, also try a different cable if you can get a hold of one and try another usb source like a laptop or something. I'd check/clean the charge port on the phone as well.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

It may take a while before the phone has enough charge to display anything.
    Leave it connected and check again after 30 mins or so.

Advertisement