Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

us temporary work visa

Options
  • 02-11-2014 9:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,664 ✭✭✭

If a company (that you already work for) can get you relocated temporarily to the U.S. for 2 months - with less than 1 weeks notice, what type of visa are they likely to be arranging?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,569 ✭✭✭✭ProudDUB

The US State Dept has a listing of all their temporary work visas on their website.

http://travel.state.gov/content/visas/english/employment/temporary.html

You aren't giving us any info to go on, so we can't tell you which one you'll need.

However, if you need it in under a week, forget about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,664 ✭✭✭makeorbrake

ProudDUB wrote: »
    You aren't giving us any info to go on, so we can't tell you which one you'll need.
    However, if you need it in under a week, forget about it.

I'm not giving you anything to go on because I don't know which visa it is. It's company organised - and it seems they can do it in a week. That's central to my question - which visa program are they likely to be organising that under?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,569 ✭✭✭✭ProudDUB

I meant that you aren't giving any information on what you are going over there to do specifically, so we can't tell you which kind of visa you need. Someone going over to work in the US branch office for a couple of months, needs a different visa to someone who is going over there to do company sponsored professional training. There are different visas for different things/jobs.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,664 ✭✭✭makeorbrake

ProudDUB wrote: »
    I meant that you aren't giving any information on what you are going over there to do specifically, so we can't tell you which kind of visa you need. Someone going over to work in the US branch office for a couple of months, needs a different visa to someone who is going over there to do company sponsored professional training. There are different visas for different things/jobs.
    ok, it would be training.

Advertisement