Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anyone who had hyperemesis through their whole pregnancy

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,737 ✭✭✭Missymoohaa

Yes I vomited through both my pregnancies, my friends used to say here comes Pukey Lucy, whenever I deemed to show up (which was rarely, too ill and very very tired). I found that eating very very low fat food helps and ginger biscuits in the morning. No gravy, sauces, fatty meats etc etc. Plain potato, veg and very lean meat for dinner (in small portions) helped me enormously. Took me a while to discover that though.

I was forty two weeks pregnant on my first child and weighed a stone lighter than I did when I was 6 weeks pregnant. I could afford to lose the weight but you gotta be careful. All sickness/tiredness disappeared as soon as baba's were born.

My grandmother said at the time, that heavy sickness is the sign of a very healthy baby, they are taking everything from you, that's why you feel so knackered. So despite my weight loss and sickness I gave birth to an 8lb 9oz boy and an 8lb girl, very very healthy indeed.

Advertisement