If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The biggest TV to fit into an alcove - find a 42"?

Options
  • 02-11-2014 9:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,809 ✭✭✭

I've an alcove that's 600mm x 950mm and I'd like to find a 42" TV that fits in there, but the only one found so far is rather costly.  Would you have one to recommend?

It would need to have at least 3 HMDI inputs.

From the research done so far, I've found a few models that fit, and have the features I'm looking for.  There's only one of these I can see on the richersounds website, and the price listed is the same as Currys.  Any advantage in buying at Richer?  (Is there still a boardsie discount going?)

The models are:

Sony Bravia KDL40W605 40"
    Samsung UE40H5500 40"
    JVC LT-39C740 39"
    LG 42LB700V 42"

The Samsung is the only one that I can see on the Richer site, at €529. (Same as Currys)

Currently, the best value seems to be the JVC, which is on sale at €349 at Currys.  It's also the smallest screen.... and having the 40" or 42" could make a big difference.  Currently, text on the existing 32" screen (when changing channel etc on the sat box) is too small to read, which is the main reason for looking for a larger TV now.

Any recommendations or special offers?  

Comments

• Company Representative Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: John

edanto wrote: »
    I've an alcove that's 600mm x 950mm and I'd like to find a 42" TV that fits in there, but the only one found so far is rather costly.  Would you have one to recommend?

It would need to have at least 3 HMDI inputs.

From the research done so far, I've found a few models that fit, and have the features I'm looking for.  There's only one of these I can see on the richersounds website, and the price listed is the same as Currys.  Any advantage in buying at Richer?  (Is there still a boardsie discount going?)

The models are:

Sony Bravia KDL40W605 40"
    Samsung UE40H5500 40"
    JVC LT-39C740 39"
    LG 42LB700V 42"

The Samsung is the only one that I can see on the Richer site, at €529. (Same as Currys)

Currently, the best value seems to be the JVC, which is on sale at €349 at Currys.  It's also the smallest screen.... and having the 40" or 42" could make a big difference.  Currently, text on the existing 32" screen (when changing channel etc on the sat box) is too small to read, which is the main reason for looking for a larger TV now.

Any recommendations or special offers?  
    Edanto,

thanks a million for the post and apologies for the delay getting back to you.

I'm guessing that you want to install the TV including the pedestal stand in your alcove and that its not being wall mounted?

with 600 * 950 the first great TV that comes to mind is the Panasonic TX42AS600 which is all TV and very little surround! so it only measures 947 * 597 ( Phew!) - its a real stunner in both looks and performance and its not too expensive at £449.95 / €598.99 ( euro price includes delivery across Ireland!) http://euro.richersounds.ie/p-200445-viera-tx42as600b.aspx

On the other TV's that you listed - the Sony KDL40W605 is unfortunately now a finished line, but we do have the 40H5500 and its a really nice TV ( ok so you drop 2" from the Panasonic TX42AS600 but its a fair bit cheaper) http://euro.richersounds.ie/p-200548-ue40h5500.aspx  The JVC LT 40dg51 is also a cracking buy at just £279.95 / €369.99 and will just about squeeeeeeze into your alcove

Unfortunately we don't stock the LG 42LB700 but we do stock the 42LB730 but I think it may be slightly too big for your slot? http://euro.richersounds.ie/p-200515-42lb730v.aspx

On the Boards discount - we do try to give Boardies our best pricing, sometimes margins are just too tight to offer additional discounts ( mainly on TV) but we will always do a package price for Boardies if you are buying a system - over Currys we offer our Boardie and VIP Customers a 5 year warranty on TV included in our pricing and as above our euro pricing also includes delivery across Ireland!

Thanks again and don't hesitate to drop us a line if we can assist in any way,

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew

John McDonald / Managing Director / Richer Sounds Ireland / www.richersounds.ie / johnmc@richersounds.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 2,809 ✭✭✭edanto

Thanks John, that's very helpful.  

I think we'll have to rule out the JVC LT 40dg51 since I think it only has 2 HDMI ports and I'm looking for 3, but I really appreciate the suggestion as the price is great.

Any others at that price/size with 3 HDMIs?

The other models are great too, obviously getting a lot more features as the price increases. I am tempted to save up for the Panasonic TX42AS600, that fit would be just perfect.  Might drop into the shop to see it for myself. 

• Company Representative Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: John

edanto wrote: »
    Thanks John, that's very helpful.  

I think we'll have to rule out the JVC LT 40dg51 since I think it only has 2 HDMI ports and I'm looking for 3, but I really appreciate the suggestion as the price is great.

Any others at that price/size with 3 HDMIs?

The other models are great too, obviously getting a lot more features as the price increases. I am tempted to save up for the Panasonic TX42AS600, that fit would be just perfect.  Might drop into the shop to see it for myself. 
    Could you get a file and just 'tweak' that alcove?

http://euro.richersounds.ie/p-200838-40233i.aspx

This Blaupunkt 40/233 is just 6mm outside your requirements at 906mm wide! and its on budget at €319.99 delivered with the 5 year warranty...

However again if it was me - I deffo would save a while for the Pamasonic TX42AS600 - its in a different world to the other units and of course if you are coming in to have a look at it and collect it we can knock off a few quid!

Thanks again and keep us posted if we can help in any way,

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew

John McDonald / Managing Director / Richer Sounds Ireland / www.richersounds.ie / johnmc@richersounds.ie

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.