Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bus Eireann timetable

• 02-11-2014 11:03pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 974 ✭✭✭

Does anybody know the story with the timetable? I have checked it online; On a Sunday from the City to UL it should arrive at William St every 45 and 15. My girlfriend is currently waiting at the stop and said the next bus arrives in 40 mins or so, and she's already been there 15 mins.

Has the timetable changed to one bus an hour? Earlier when she was going into town too, the bus was 10-15 mins late.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 78,462 ✭✭✭✭Victor

If the bus computer is turned off (for example at a terminus) then it doesn't show on the real time information system. There should be buses at 2200, 2230, 2300 and 2330. She might be also able to get the Dublin Coach bus, but I'm not sure if it will pick her up at UL for travel to Limerick.

Put the exact locations (The Stables? and William Street) and relevant dates and times into www.a-b.ie and tweak the settings. Make sure you have selected "take neighbouring stops into account for origin and destination maximum 20 min walk".

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 974 ✭✭✭MooShop

Thanks for the reply Victor, she was coming the other way, from William St. to UL. The bus should have been there at 45 but it wasn't and she waited for 20mins before getting a taxi. Just frustrating when we're trying to save money!

Thanks for the website link. I just checked it, it seems to have different times than the bus eireann website!! Typical!

MooShop wrote: »
    Thanks for the website link. I just checked it, it seems to have different times than the bus eireann website!! Typical!
    Were you looking at the Monday to Friday timetable? http://www.buseireann.ie/pdf/1378478984-304.pdf

327118.PNG

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,052 ✭✭✭Un Croissant

Whats the price of a ticket on that route? Can't find it on the Bus site on my phone.

• Advertisement

http://www.busfare.co.uk/eireann.html
    Service 304
    1.90 : Adult Single
    0.90 : Schoolchild Single

Service 304
    4.10 : Adult Day Return

The "Adult Day Return" actually appears to be a "Daysaver" valid for a day, not just a return journey.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,470 ✭✭✭highlydebased

Also worth mentioning that if going to UL from William St you can take the Eurobus, lately they have been using a green bendy bus. It's a private service that costs 1.60

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,490 ✭✭✭stefanovich

MooShop wrote: »
    Bus Eireann can be a joke sometimes with buses late or not showing up at all.

Victor wrote: »
    Were you looking at the Monday to Friday timetable? http://www.buseireann.ie/pdf/1378478984-304.pdf

327118.PNG

No, this is the one I was looking at. Sunday: William St. -> UL

Victor wrote: »
    http://www.busfare.co.uk/eireann.html

The "Adult Day Return" actually appears to be a "Daysaver" valid for a day, not just a return journey.

Yeah the "Adult Day Return" is actually a Day Saver, so it can be used all day. Handy for multiple trips.

• Advertisement
Advertisement