Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Passive House - Occasional Consultancy

Options
  • 02-11-2014 11:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

Hello,

We will be starting a passive/near-pasive build in the coming months to first fix only and are currently getting quotes from several certified passive contractors. The project management element seems to be part of the package, but is somewhat in-house. From what I gather, getting an independent project manager is really for a complete self-build? However, I'm a little concerned about not having an independent third-party at let's say the initial costing, and at certain points during the build. Like us all, we're on a very tight budget, so the cost of getting a separate project manager for the entire thing is not possible, plus some of my friends said that they often ended up doing a lot of the project manager's job on site anyway.

I was wondering, has anyone gone down the route of a building contractor, and employed an external professional to oversee only certain stages? And, was this cost effective and useful?

Thanks.

Advertisement