Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Irish bank account and living in Israel

Options
  • 03-11-2014 12:13am
    Registered Users Posts: 182 ✭✭

Hello,

So I am moving to Israel to work for a year or so but I get paid into my Irish account AIB as the company I work for is based in Ireland. So I wondering what is the best way for me to take money out of my account with minimal charges? Anyone have experience or any suggestions or other ideas? Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 393 ✭✭skippy2

Use Currencyfair. I use them regularly and find them great for this purpose. You get good rates with minimal transaction charges of €3 per transaction. Dont use the banks for this whatever you do.
    CF is quick once setup especially handy if you are working somewhere with opposite business hours to Irl.
    They are also good with email correspondence when you need it, prompt replies in my experience
    Best of luck either way

• Registered Users Posts: 182 ✭✭stenan

Thanks skippy2 for the reply.

Just to be clear. I would have to open an Israeli bank account to transfer the money using Currency Fair, correct? I would transfer from my Irish account direct to my Israeli account

• Registered Users Posts: 393 ✭✭skippy2

you open a CF account online with them and and Israeli bank account

you first transfer the money from AIB to your CF account using your client account number
    then exchange it here in CF for your chosen currency
    once you have exchanged it you can then transfer to any account you wish

Remember you need to notify CF online when you have made a transfer to your account, once they have received it you then get an email to say the funds are there to be exchanged

once you have done it once or twice its all pretty straight forward and pretty quick

• Registered Users Posts: 182 ✭✭stenan

Thanks for all the help. I will try and set up a bank account when there. For now ill will be using TSB for my transactions as they are cheaper than AIB. Just for anyone else TSB charge 3.5% with a max of 11.43 fee for converting while AIB charge 2.5% with no max and 1% commission fee. (ATM ONLY different fees for laser transactions) Checked BOI and KBC thy both where the same as TSB. Thanks again

Advertisement