Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anybody know how much import duty i'll have to pay?

Options
  • 03-11-2014 4:29am
    Registered Users Posts: 22

Sorry if this is in the wrong section but i ordered a football shirt that is being sent from Colombia and it cost me €83 and €6 delivery. Does anyone know how much i'll have to pay and do i have to pay the postman straight away or how does it work?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,179 ✭✭✭salamanca22

€20.47 + the admin fee of the courier which is usually between €6 and €15.

Payment methods also depend on the courier but usually cash is accepted in the day but make sure you have the exact amount available.

I expect for the price the item is genuine but if it is fake at all then customs will seize it.

• Registered Users Posts: 22 davidmc95

€20.47 + the admin fee of the courier which is usually between €6 and €15.

Payment methods also depend on the courier but usually cash is accepted in the day but make sure you have the exact amount available.

I expect for the price the item is genuine but if it is fake at all then customs will seize it.

Thanks. I'm 99% sure the item is genuine, but you never know with people on ebay. What happens if customs seize it?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,179 ✭✭✭salamanca22

davidmc95 wrote: »
    Thanks. I'm 99% sure the item is genuine, but you never know with people on ebay. What happens if customs seize it?

Usually it will be destroyed.

Likely the seller has marked the item as a gift and you may get your package through customs without being spotted and not have to pay but if they do catch it then you will receive a letter from them asking for a receipt from which they will calculate the owed duty and vat. (0% duty and 23% vat)

You then reply to them via email with the receipt and they will let you know in advance via email how much you owe and you then pay the postman.

That is with an post, other couriers have their own system for handling it though.

• Registered Users Posts: 22 davidmc95

Usually it will be destroyed.

Likely the seller has marked the item as a gift and you may get your package through customs without being spotted and not have to pay but if they do catch it then you will receive a letter from them asking for a receipt from which they will calculate the owed duty and vat. (0% duty and 23% vat)

You then reply to them via email with the receipt and they will let you know in advance via email how much you owe and you then pay the postman.

That is with an post, other couriers have their own system for handling it though.

Thanks very much for the info!

Advertisement