Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Recipe bother as I can't get the most important ingredient

Options
  • 03-11-2014 6:48am
    Registered Users Posts: 353 ✭✭

Hi I love Asian cuisine and recently had Papaya salad for the first time and want to make it myself but while I have all the necessary herbs, spices and vegetables I can't find unripened papaya. The place that had it lost their shipment so now I don't know where to get it in Galway. Could someone point me in the right direction

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,657 Mod ✭✭✭✭Faith

Moved to Galway City forum.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,106 ✭✭✭antoobrien

If you can't get it from fruit & veg distributors, try the various healthfood shops (Google "health food shops Galway" for a list).

I don't know whom you were previously talking to but searching for "papaya galway" gives Curleys fruit & veg as the first result.

• Registered Users Posts: 863 ✭✭✭GastroBoy

Last week I spotted some Papaya in either Lidl or Aldi, fairly certain it was Lidl. Not very expensive either as you would imgaine.

• Registered Users Posts: 261 ✭✭kevthecelt

Papaya salad is so good. We make it regularly! You can get them in the Asian Market opposite Sally Longs

• Registered Users Posts: 353 ✭✭nicki11

Thanks I'll try and see if they have green papaya because I need that one or its too sweet, though curleys is a bit far for me as I don't drive and live in the city centre

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 108 ✭✭whineflu

Try Deacy's fruit and veg on Sea Road. If they don't have papaya they might be able to help you with suggestions of where to try.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,912 ✭✭✭✭Eeden

They definitely had papaya in Aldi in Westside today.

• Registered Users Posts: 353 ✭✭nicki11

Thanks everyone I got papaya in Aldi and made some papaya salad which went down very well :D

Advertisement