Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Advanced Warfare - Sunshine and lollipops/Haters gonna hate

14567810»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,878 ✭✭✭heroics

Anybody else notice since the patch if you kill someone capturing a domination point the screen stays with contested on it. I'm on PS4

Having an absolutely sh1t time trying to play tonight. Can't kill anything. I'd say my k/d for today is about .7 even went back to inferno and magnitude lose every gunfight even when I have 4 bars. Checked internet connection and no problems. Fist just nearly met the TV.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 687 ✭✭✭Dayum

heroics wrote: »
    Having an absolutely sh1t time trying to play tonight. Can't kill anything. I'd say my k/d for today is about .7 even went back to inferno and magnitude lose every gunfight even when I have 4 bars. Checked internet connection and no problems. Fist just nearly met the TV.

The new Battlefield is out next week.

Just thought I'd throw that out there....

If anyone gets the ARX160 holepuncher don't throw it away. It is really good. Even though it is a professional it is better than the elite steelbite. It is one of my go to weapons now ahead of the inferno even. Most of the time don't even bother with attachments (although stock and quick draw help).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,948 ✭✭✭✭Snake Plisken

If anyone gets the ARX160 holepuncher don't throw it away. It is really good. Even though it is a professional it is better than the elite steelbite. It is one of my go to weapons now ahead of the inferno even. Most of the time don't even bother with attachments (although stock and quick draw help).

Think I might have got it at some stage over the last 15 prestiges as I normally just dump blue and green weapons if I have the elite variants. Hoping I get it again.

• Advertisement

Think I might have got it at some stage over the last 15 prestiges as I normally just dump blue and green weapons if I have the elite variants. Hoping I get it again.

I'm the same most of the time. Been looking at driftors reviews of the variants and also the stats charts to make sue I dont get rid of the better weapons by mistake.

I'm the same most of the time. Been looking at driftors reviews of the variants and also the stats charts to make sue I dont get rid of the better weapons by mistake.

yeah I watch Drift0r every day, did you see that after the last patch some of the standard's got buffed but the Elite variant's didn't making the standards better then the elite's I think the AMR-9's and the S-12 Shotgun he mentioned.

On a side not, we should see some trailers drop for the second dlc pretty soon I would say.

yeah I watch Drift0r every day, did you see that after the last patch some of the standard's got buffed but the Elite variant's didn't making the standards better then the elite's I think the AMR-9's and the S-12 Shotgun he mentioned.

On a side not, we should see some trailers drop for the second dlc pretty soon I would say.

I tried using the AMR9 and just had a bad time. Its fine in HC but in reg modes it still looses to most of the others. Sold the elite version I had after drift0rs review (also i am never using it again)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 218 ✭✭Screaming Monkey

in case anyone was thinking of it, just finished the "Joker Mask" challenge, so its possible, was a major grind though, the "hail mary" challenge in particular is 100% just luck, the other tough ones were the "from the grave" and "boomerang spike drone".

on PS4 the latest update today added the OHM. I play mainly Core Dom (ranked ~14000 on leaderboard) and whoever thought an automatic shotgun with 40 rounds was a good idea is an idiot. You can completely clear out a dom point with it then just switch to the LMG for the longer stuff. I dont have it but picked it up a few times.

Also lag got worse today. Have a 4 bar in the games but feels like a 2 bar cant win a gunfight. even reverted to inferno and magnitude in a couple of games because other weapons were useless

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,990 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

As discussion on the next CoD has begun (even just a little) I've been thinking about this game and how it stacks up to the rest.

Leaving aside the single-player (never was a major attraction for me throughout the franchise), what do I think about the multi-player?

I have to say I believe it to be under-rated. I've played it a lot since Xmas and having caught myself up in various challenges, I think it is a solid addition.

Innovation - It was difficult for the makers to bring the brand somewhere new, but the addition of the Exo-Suits was a solid one in my opinion. I've played a good bit of domination and hardpoint and being able to make it across the map far quicker makes for tonnes more captures and dogfights. Half the problem of Ghosts was the maps were massive and you ran 20 seconds, only to be killed and have to repeat your run again, which was very frustrating. The exos cut that time down into 10 seconds ;) They have given the option to play without the Exos, and I tried this but the change of pace to one which was much slower didn't suit anymore. Then again, I was always a "gung ho" type of player (hence my **** k/d ratio!)

Maps - Again, fairly solid on this front. There are no maps I hate and they tend overall to pose a few different challenges.

Guns - Some crazy, additions, including one yimrag I'm sure loves - the double LMGs. good variety, lack of a proper shotgun... ok, I mean a Spas type from MW2 but in fairness that was waaaay overpowered (but oh so much fun!)

Lag/hit detection - generally happy with it. I haven't rage quit this half as much as I used to with previous, so it would mean to me I reckon it's relatively fair. 80% of the time I'm not cursing playing this game, and if you ask my wife, that's a welcome and surprising change :)

Spawns - most of the time I can't complain. You can still spawn trap on Dom but I'm not spawning into bullets so its okay in my view.

Advancement - I do believe there are far too many prestiges, and some of the challenges are plainly too difficult, but having said that if you are of a mind to, you could keep going. Certainly, I topped all prestiges in most previous CoD and still play them, so I guess I have the option in this to keep prestiging if wanted.

Customisation - leaving aside all the camo etc (frankly, it doesn't register with me as something important) I reckon its a very clever system, especially the customisation of the killstreaks too. Only certain ones allow you to keep your points going towards them despite dying, so it is fairer than previous incarnations.

Overall - there are still complete numpties playing the game who have no concept of playing the objective, but it has been like that since MW2 and probably Cod4 but I wasn't online at that stage so can't be sure. I can't tell if the lack of love for this game is caused by its perceived flaws, or alternatively that the franchise to some is somewhat jaded. There are less people (that I know) online that's for sure. Is it because there are other games out there/genres that are more attractive? Its hard to tell. One thing is for certain, in my opinion its a solid game, one which I'll keep for some time yet and will no doubt go back to again.

Hey Everlast75 agree and disagree on some stuff.

I am really enjoying this game. trying to complete various challenges. At the moment I am trying to diamond all my most used weapons. Have HBR, ARX, ASM, KF5 and MP11 done. Might try BAL or AK next. This particular challenge has made me really aware of how important the perks are as without them my k/d takes a massive tumble. Usually because of the amount of UAV and scorestreaks that constantly up on Dom for example

I am mainly an objective player (Dom and HP) I like the Exos and the ability to move quickly across and around the map. It means capturing/holding flags is harder and takes more teamwork. Also camping is harder as you can be flanked so quickly.

Maps. I agree there are none that I hate. ascend took a while to grow on me.

Guns: there are definitely guns that are a lot better than others. Try a base IMR in a lobby full of OS and ASM1s and you will pull your hair out. That being said I can generally use any of the ARs (except MK14) and most of the SMGs, the ameli and the S12 (since patch) Tac19 and do ok. So long as you use the maps and try to control which gunfights you get in they all have a place.

Lag/hit detection: Some days its great other days I am using a water pistol. Even mid game it can change. One day never negative plenty of captures next day lucky to get .2 k/d and its like my controller does not work. Then again I found to be no worse than any of the other CODs.

Spawns: I do get a number of spawns where I spawn right behind an enemy or right in front of one. These are not that often but still causes instant rage when it happens

Advancement: Too many prestiges. I always prestiged in the last couple of CODs and I am at 13 on this one but I cant see myself getting 30 prestiges (1500 levels). Also the fact that even when you permanently unlock a weapon at prestige the attachment all have to be earned again really annoys me.

I agree that it is a solid game and like BLOPS 2 I will probably still go back to play it when the new one (Black ops 3?) comes out

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,708 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

Tbf they basically removed any chance of having a decent spawn system when they put Exos in allowing you to cross the map in < 10 seconds. IMO it could have been a great game if the exos were about half the speed, as is you just cover too much ground too quickly.

I'm still enjoying it and grinding my way to prestige 30 I enjoy the challenges and enjoy doing the clan wars. I even wasted nearly €40 on Advanced Supply drops (and all i got for that was the AMR Pro pipe lol). I felt Sledgehammer did a great job re-inventing the game and it made me have some faith in the developers after the disaster that was Ghosts! Treyarch are starting to drop clues on Snapchat daily before the big reveal and I think they will see a jump in sales over the last two games if it's Blops 3. But I have great faith in Sledgehammer to produce a decent follow up in 3 years time. I've more concern with Infinity Wards
    Offering next year Ghosts 2 doesn't float my both although they have re-hired one of the original developers of MW2 multiplayer and wouldn't be surprised to see a possible next generation remake of MW2 which I would take over Ghosts 2!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,503 ✭✭✭Makaveli

If the next one has exo suits I will definitely not be buying it. Even if it doesn't I probably won't buy it. Ghosts and AW were a waste of money to me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,222 ✭✭✭✭DARK-KNIGHT

Ghosts is a great game...

Black ops 3 confirmation yesterday according to ali a on twitter

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,503 ✭✭✭Makaveli

I'm deleting you off my Xbox Live friends list. Mainly for the Ali-A bit, but also mainly for the Ghosts bit.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,431 ✭✭✭rottie 11

Any trailer released yet no? Delighted cant ****ing wait now

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,526 ✭✭✭✭Darkglasses

rottie 11 wrote: »
    Any trailer released yet no? Delighted cant ****ing wait now

Not really, there was a teaser released on Snapchat, but it showed fcuk all.

trailer up now Black Ops 3 confirmed reveal date 26th April check out the dedicated thread!
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=95019941&postcount=3

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 445 ✭✭ben101

Makaveli wrote: »
    If the next one has exo suits I will definitely not be buying it. Even if it doesn't I probably won't buy it. Ghosts and AW were a waste of money to me.

Couldn't agree with you more,even though they put classic team death match back.Started playing BF4 instead,very good game for the price on PSN but can't seem to connect online.Campaign mode is pretty good though.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,690 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

I caved yesterday and bought this and I have to say so far im enjoying it. Not doing too bad at the moment considering I hardly have a clue whats going on but overall its not that bad a game.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,799 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

Take the first look at Supremacy, the third DLC pack for Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare. Supremacy includes four Multiplayer maps: Kremlin, Parliament, Compound, and Skyrise, a reimagining of the fan-favorite Highrise from Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2. Also included is Exo Zombies Carrier, part three of the Exo Zombies co-op experience.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,961 ✭✭✭markcahill1985

The new update is nearly 4.5mb? Sheesh

Advertisement