Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Advanced Warfare - Sunshine and lollipops/Haters gonna hate

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,278 ✭✭✭x43r0

Have been a casual COD player over the last few years, only playing campaign though and not online, jumped in to play a few death matches last night, my god it was brutal, played 3 games - 23 deaths and not one kill - haha hope Im able to learn how to improve (still enjoyed myself though)

Online can be brutal in the beginning and this game seems to be especially tough at the moment compared to previous titles. Most of us here have been playing this series online for years and are getting bent over and f*cked at the moment. It usually gets better with time though once you get the hang of the maps and figure out best class setups etc.

Stay at it. Online is great fun once you get the hang of it. I haven't played the campaigns on the last 3 CoDs

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,265 ✭✭✭MiCr0

are there enough of you guys playing on 360 to make this worth buying?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,961 ✭✭✭markcahill1985

x43r0 wrote: »
    Online can be brutal in the beginning and this game seems to be especially tough at the moment compared to previous titles. Most of us here have been playing this series online for years and are getting bent over and f*cked at the moment. It usually gets better with time though once you get the hang of the maps and figure out best class setups etc.

Stay at it. Online is great fun once you get the hang of it. I haven't played the campaigns on the last 3 CoDs

Ah yeah looking forward to jumping in again tonight, these things always take time, ye playing pn ps4 no?

MiCr0 wrote: »
    are there enough of you guys playing on 360 to make this worth buying?

Yeah about 6 of us have it I think

If you are gonna it, make sure and download it to the 360. That way if you get an Xbone you can download to that for free

Ah yeah looking forward to jumping in again tonight, these things always take time, ye playing pn ps4 no?

No, 360

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,795 ✭✭✭CptMackey

Very little lag tonight and got some good games in. Plays very well with no lag. Actually enjoyed it for the first time since launch day which was lag free too

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 335 ✭✭OriginV

Just seem to be dying all the time in this.. The lag is just so dodgy

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,435 ✭✭✭wandatowell

Not much noobtubin' going on is there?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

Not much noobtubin' going on is there?

not much grenade use at all from what ive seen.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,207 ✭✭✭miralize

Theres not much point is there. The exosuits mean people move way too fast for nades to be useful. Stick a second/third gun attachment on there :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,235 ✭✭✭Dave147

So have this game since Wednesday, so far I've managed an hour of play. Not for lack of trying, couldn't get past the welcome screen on Thursday Friday or today. How can they **** something up so badly?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,889 ✭✭✭✭The Moldy Gowl

Dave147 wrote: »
    So have this game since Wednesday, so far I've managed an hour of play. Not for lack of trying, couldn't get past the welcome screen on Thursday Friday or today. How can they **** something up so badly?

I have had no problems getting online???

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,235 ✭✭✭Dave147

Are you asking me or are you telling me?

I'm on PC, got game Wednesday, played two maps, turned it off. Tried again Thursday, couldn't get past welcome screen, same Friday and same now. This isn't good enough.

"Error The call of duty: Advanced warfare service is not available". After googling that it seems I'm not the only one with the issue, and it doesn't look like it'll be fixed any time soon. I've forwarded ports, rebooted router etc. No joy.

• Registered Users Posts: 906 ✭✭✭Randall Floyd

not much grenade use at all from what ive seen.

Try playing Momentum, grenades everywhere.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,878 ✭✭✭heroics

Played yesterday morning and got very little lag. Really enjoyed the games. Then all of a sudden in the middle of a game couldn't kill anyone rubber banding all over the place, Connection bars had everyone in lobby at 1 bar. quit lobby and tried again. happened 3 lobbies in a row so quit game. Tried again last night and it was fine. (Checked connection at time using pingtest/speedtest and my connection was fine)

I play a fair bit of hardpoint and there are plenty of nades used in those games.

• Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭ems_medic

I'm finding only way to combat lag and get any kind of positive k/d is to not use the exo suit at all. It seems to improve the lag greatly

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,752 ✭✭✭Mr Blobby

I had my first bit of lag last night actually. The hosts connection was dropping like mad and he ended up quitting. Another host couldn't be found so the match was dropped.

The lag was crazy!
    I popped into another lobby and all was good again.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,961 ✭✭✭markcahill1985

As I was saying last week, am a first time COD online player and was pretty brutal at it on my first few nights - actually getting no kills at all in deathmatch! Played a god bit at the weekend and have improved a very small bit, now getting maybe 4-5 kills a match, must say its really enjoyable - didnt think I would be into the multiplayer at all but couldnt be more wrong - hope I get a bit better at it now once I figure out a few tricks etc (had my girlfriendfs little bother whos a whizz and he got my rank up on the sly haha) Very enjoyable!

Riot is some terrible map .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,752 ✭✭✭Mr Blobby

CptMackey wrote: »

Its my favorite map! :pac:

I seem to absolutely boss matches when i play there. When you spawn on the side with the front entrance run to the left hand side and hop into the little building. Then move between the 2 air conditioners and you'll get a bunch of kills!

Here - IYQ65FD.jpg

Anyone that runs towards you are pretty much dead to rights.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,460 ✭✭✭DipStick McSwindler

This post has been deleted.

CptMackey wrote: »

Worse map by far is Detroit and that boils down to the current fooked up spawns and it being a close quarters map

The IMR assault rifle is a beast! It's damage over range (with a silencer even) is immense and it has almost zero recoil if you can control the fire rate

I was picking of snipers on rooftops last night with this silenced animal :cool:

I think I've found the new M8

x43r0 wrote: »
    The IMR assault rifle is a beast! It's damage over range (with a silencer even) is immense and it has almost zero recoil if you can control the fire rate

I was picking of snipers on rooftops last night with this silenced animal :cool:

I think I've found the new M8

Yep I agree, it's absolutely beast and I've no probs with everyone thinking the BAL is the best gun :p:p:p:p:p

I usually run my IMR with iron sights, quick grip and parabollic mic. Makes for a fairly mean setup

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,990 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

does anyone else think that the UAV is a pile of balls accuracy wise?

ems_medic wrote: »
    Yep I agree, it's absolutely beast and I've no probs with everyone thinking the BAL is the best gun :p:p:p:p:p

I usually run my IMR with iron sights, quick grip and parabollic mic. Makes for a fairly mean setup

I run quickdraw, silencer and parabolic mic. It's mental how the silencer doesn't really affect the time-to-kill
    everlast75 wrote: »
    does anyone else think that the UAV is a pile of balls accuracy wise?

Yep - try running it with threat detection instead for the added wall hack feature. I have it on all my classes with threat detection and support

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,460 ✭✭✭DipStick McSwindler

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,889 ✭✭✭✭The Moldy Gowl

Uav with support, threat detection, and direction is the only good streak.

Only a knacker will use system hack.

Uav with support, threat detection, and direction is the only good streak.

Only a knacker will use system hack.

System hack is a pain in the hole but it is a good streak because of the noise it gives off when in close proximity to the opposing team and because most use red dot sights so if your using iron sights give you an advantage.

• Advertisement

ems_medic wrote: »
    Worse map by far is Detroit and that boils down to the current fooked up spawns and it being a close quarters map

Actually don't mind that map but the spawns can be mental at times. Have spawned into bullets a number of times .

Must try the imr out . Very hard to let go of the ak tho :pac:

What does the Mic do?

Advertisement