Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Advanced Warfare - Sunshine and lollipops/Haters gonna hate

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,278 ✭✭✭x43r0

CptMackey wrote: »
    Actually don't mind that map but the spawns can be mental at times. Have spawned into bullets a number of times .

Must try the imr out . Very hard to let go of the ak tho :pac:

What does the Mic do?

The parabolic mic cancels out enemy silencers so you can see them firing on the radar

• Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

Actually don't mind that map but the spawns can be mental at times. Have spawned into bullets a number of times .

What does the Mic do?

It cancels out suppressors being used on the opposite team (as in, you can see them on the minimap when they shoot)

• Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭ems_medic

It's a great gun but if you run and gun then i wont be the gun for you. But if you play as an anchor type player moving around the edges , stopping enemy from behind then you will love that gun.

Theres also a couple of maps it doesnt suit Detroit being one

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭_MadRa_

I didnt realise i could hate a game this much.
    Ghost was bad but this.....
    i dont get upset often but right now im spitting.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,152 ✭✭✭✭KERSPLAT!

_MadRa_ wrote: »

Ah jaysus don't say that! I hated Ghosts, only played about 10 games of it I'd say. I really enjoyed MW3 and BLOPs2 so if its anything like that I'll be grand :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 19,889 ✭✭✭✭The Moldy Gowl

Ah here. That's an over reaction.

Stop spitting, didn't your mother ever tell you that's rude

• Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭ems_medic

The lag is due to be patched :D:D:D

ems_medic wrote: »
    The lag is due to be patched :D:D:D

The lag hasn't been that bad the last few times I was on

Saying that I won't complain about them improving it

• Registered Users Posts: 906 ✭✭✭Randall Floyd

Patch is being rolled out on PS4, Xbox One and PC first. Meanwhile I play on Xbox 360.
    a60d66863a9744ffb883f2cf2cc6eec7.500x321x1.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 10,216 ✭✭✭✭DARK-KNIGHT

great game... lag is a **** though lol

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 335 ✭✭OriginV

Picked up my first gun equipped with a "noob tube" last night to see what it was like shot it and of course I hit a guy with the Flak Jacket perk, Was fairly happy that after 7 hours of online I only seen one :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,780 ✭✭✭jamo2oo9

Just got the Steam version of this game. 36GB for a multiplayer download :eek:

Good thing I have a 100mb broadband :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,878 ✭✭✭heroics

Anyone else get the patch on 360 today? Since I got it I noticed the ping bars are much more steady. Pity they mean f**k all. Just played 2 games where everyone was on 3 or 4 bars and was rubber banding all over the game.

Is it just me or is anyone's audio messed up in campaign? Everytime it's rolling a video before the mission, the voice kinda goes mute and then it's fine..?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

Beginning to tire of it now. May trade it in for cash while the value is decent.

FutureGuy wrote: »
    Beginning to tire of it now. May trade it in for cash while the value is decent.

The game itself or the lag?

• Registered Users Posts: 19,769 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

Played on the One last night for the first time.

Firstly, played some campaign and my God the graphics are spankworthy!!!

Then played some multiplayer and I don't know if it was my imagination but there didn't appear to be any noticeable lag and I faired quite well

KERSPLAT! wrote: »
    The game itself or the lag?

The game itself. The campaign is pretty great so far but MP has not caught me up like I thought it would.

Maps are becoming tiring, I have alot less inclination to use new weapons as the unlocks aren't fun to go after and I don't think I have any interest in prestiging this time. I loved BO2s entire system of levelling up, and although AW is based on the same system, I'm not feeling the love.

And the supply dros are a completely waste opportunity. You get one every 3 games when you die the first time. What sort of system is that???

I'll probably finish captain and see after that. I get the feeling if I hadn't Played Titanfall to death, Id be loving this but it really smacks of "inspiration" this year.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

everlast75 wrote: »
    Played on the One last night for the first time.

Firstly, played some campaign and my God the graphics are spankworthy!!!

Then played some multiplayer and I don't know if it was my imagination but there didn't appear to be any noticeable lag and I faired quite well

yup. the xbox one is just now gettting to the point where its impossible to go back to playing 360. the campaign is savage but ive a feeling im near the end of it. a real 'one more mission' vibe

FutureGuy wrote: »
    The game itself. The campaign is pretty great so far but MP has not caught me up like I thought it would.

Maps are becoming tiring, I have alot less inclination to use new weapons as the unlocks aren't fun to go after and I don't think I have any interest in prestiging this time. I loved BO2s entire system of levelling up, and although AW is based on the same system, I'm not feeling the love.

And the supply dros are a completely waste opportunity. You get one every 3 games when you die the first time. What sort of system is that???

I'll probably finish captain and see after that. I get the feeling if I hadn't Played Titanfall to death, Id be loving this but it really smacks of "inspiration" this year.

I haven't played Titanfall at all so maybe that's why I'm enjoying it so much. Lag was pretty bad last week when I was on but seemed better the last time I played. Have only played about 3 hours total but once I started learning the maps and not running around like a feckin eejit, it got better.

Have only used one gun so far really, the Bal :p but that doesn't really bother me. They usually patch things like that and buff/nerf guns and equipment accordingly.

Overall, I'm enjoying it :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,909 ✭✭✭greenman09

Will all be making to the one soon?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,791 ✭✭✭2Mad2BeMad

Don't like this game at all,
    bought it digitally , regret it now.

Prefer ghosts over this game and even then ghosts was awful.

This is coming from someone who does not play battlefield.

Oh well stuck with it now, hopefully treyarch bring it back next year with zombies or something, was looking forward to that.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,752 ✭✭✭Mr Blobby

2Mad2BeMad wrote: »
    Don't like this game at all,
    bought it digitally , regret it now.

Prefer ghosts over this game and even then ghosts was awful.

This is coming from someone who does not play battlefield.

Oh well stuck with it now, hopefully treyarch bring it back next year with zombies or something, was looking forward to that.

:eek:

Finished campaign. Very enjoyable. A decent next gen experience. Now the dreaded mp :/

good_luck_morgan_freeman.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 1,878 ✭✭✭heroics

I wish they would fix the exploits on the maps. Tried to play infected yesterday and on Horizon everyone just hides in the lift, Recovery they hide on the lledge above B Dom and in retreat straight up onto the top roof. Ruins the game as its impossible to kill anyone if you are the infected. Played domination/S&D on solar and guys were just sitting in the wall above A Dom.

Finished the campaign. Probably the best and most memorable since the early MWs.

I'm stunned at how quickly I've gone off MP if I'm honest. Played a few times yesterday and was just going through the motions. I actually think the lag has gotten worse since the update. I was never a fan of Battlefield but I bought BF4. The lack of any lag is a massive eye-opener, and probably the reason I cannot tolerate AW multiplayer as much as BO2/MW3.

Will get 45 cash in CeX and will buy Dragon Age: Inquisition in Argos (probably) for about 58.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,769 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

I've said this before, but I found the Xbox One version MP very very smooth and quite fair.

I played the "classic" version of the maps (sans exo suits) and found myself missing the speed and hating the trek to all the action :)

I played MP when I first bought it for a bit and it's was very intolerable when playing it due to the lag so I switched to campaign and just finished it yesterday. I gotta admit, the story was actually good, even better than BO's but not as good as MW series.

Yesterday, I played MP after the update and it was so smooth and lag-free that I loved it. Got pissed off a few times because of shotgun noobs and quickscopers :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,788 ✭✭✭CptMackey

jamo2oo9 wrote: »
    I played MP when I first bought it for a bit and it's was very intolerable when playing it due to the lag so I switched to campaign and just finished it yesterday. I gotta admit, the story was actually good, even better than BO's but not as good as MW series.

Yesterday, I played MP after the update and it was so smooth and lag-free that I loved it. Got pissed off a few times because of shotgun noobs and quickscopers :mad:

Don't mind the shotguns because at least they have to get close but the quick scoping is a pain in the hole

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,503 ✭✭✭Makaveli

I think the spawns are a much bigger issue than the lag at the moment. Even in domination it's like free for all spawns at times.

Advertisement