Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Advanced Warfare - Sunshine and lollipops/Haters gonna hate

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 687 ✭✭✭Dayum

da gamer wrote: »
    Can't believe the lack of interest in this game. I got this for Christmas and to be honest the only reason I did was because my brother was getting it so I thought it would be a decent game to play online together. Having started the mp tonight I have to say I'm loving it so far, very refreshing cod game. I'm just surprised it's not as popular as the early cod games. Is there something I'm missing???

Anywho, any of you guys playing this on the ps4 interested in playing in a clan?

Battlefield.

That's what happened.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,222 ✭✭✭✭DARK-KNIGHT

Dayum wrote: »
    Battlefield.

That's what happened.

The same battlefield game that was broken for a year and is just about playable now?

The same battlefield game that was broken for a year and is just about playable now?

That's the one.

Although COD numbers were dwindling back when BF3 launched (that was a decent game it has to be said). Add to that the launch of the new consoles and people can see just how beautiful and ambitious games are now....COD just pales by comparison to other FPS's which explains why COD never really took off on PC like it did on consoles.....PC players have had these types of games for a years now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,948 ✭✭✭✭Snake Plisken

That's the one.

Although COD numbers were dwindling back when BF3 launched (that was a decent game it has to be said). Add to that the launch of the new consoles and people can see just how beautiful and ambitious games are now....COD just pales by comparison to other FPS's which explains why COD never really took off on PC like it did on consoles.....PC players have had these types of games for a years now.

Why don't you go back to your broken game battlefield troll!

Why don't you go back to your broken game battlefield troll!

Fair enough.

I'll leave you to your ghost town.

You have a good day now.

• Advertisement

Fair enough.

I'll leave you to your ghost town.

You have a good day now.

Can never understand folks who play battlefield having to tell us cod players that our game is rubbish, there is a decent amount of people still playing COD AW, I don't jump onto battlefield threads slagging the game off, so don't understand why battlefield posters have to hijack call of duty threads!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,795 ✭✭✭CptMackey

Can never understand folks who play battlefield having to tell us cod players that our game is rubbish, there is a decent amount of people still playing COD AW, I don't jump onto battlefield threads slagging the game off, so don't understand why battlefield posters have to hijack call of duty threads!

Don't understand it either. Played a good bit of battlefield 4 and enjoyed it. Had no intention of getting ghosts but got Aw when it came out and I'm glad I did. Both series have their good and bad points

Really enjoy the classic mode too.

• Registered Users Posts: 903 ✭✭✭da gamer

Battlefield.

That's what happened.

I wouldn't put the lack of interest in aw down to battlefield, especially considering there was no battlefield game out this winter season. I've enjoyed all the battlefield games and put a fair few hours into battlefield 4 earlier this year where as MW3 and ghosts were the first cods I played online(mainly due to the fact that for some reason I pictured cod mp as full of school kids shouting down mics). I'm just surprised that aw isnt being talked about a lot more on forums etc as it really is an excellent game

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,878 ✭✭✭heroics

CptMackey wrote: »
    I'm around some nights but hit and miss at the moment with new baby around.

Feel free to add me tho
    Liquidgoldmonkey

I'm on most days PS4 - Heroic_Goose

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,909 ✭✭✭greenman09

On the one could be in now and again. Same situ as capt Mackey. Newborn in house.

greenballs09 on one or 360. Also a few names on the sticky above.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 458 ✭✭Eldoco

Is there anyway I can compare my friends and me in leaderboards?

Best cod since MW2!

"Hulk jump" or what eve you like to call it is pretty sweet

Eldoco wrote: »

Best cod since MW2!

Pretty sure there is a way of comparing, I'll be on in half an hour and will let you know. The app for android is pretty sweet too, you can check all your stats there and customize your loadout

Pretty sure there is a way of comparing, I'll be on in half an hour and will let you know. The app for android is pretty sweet too, you can check all your stats there and customize your loadout

Cheers ,I'll download the app so. first real go at it tonight and really impressed with the game.

Best cod since MW2!

I think if you go to the leaderboard and press options you can scroll across to compare all/Clan/Friends

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,641 ✭✭✭zero19

Starting playing MP on this yesterday, its not bad enjoying it much more than Ghosts. Exo suits and killstreaks are sh1t though.

I was playing last night. Got put into 5 games in a row of Domination just at half time where the other team was winning by more than 50 points and had all their score streaks queued up. or just at the start of the second half and the team was being triple capped. Wish there was a search not to join games in progress or at least games that are impossible to win.

At that stage I was just cannon fodder for the paladins and poxy walker tanks on comeback

zero19 wrote: »
    Starting playing MP on this yesterday, its not bad enjoying it much more than Ghosts. Exo suits and killstreaks are sh1t though.

Have you customized the killstreaks as I find there the only real way I can get canthing decent , a lot harder than original coda were you could go 5-0 etc to build one up

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,641 ✭✭✭zero19

Have you customized the killstreaks as I find there the only real way I can get canthing decent , a lot harder than original coda were you could go 5-0 etc to build one up
    Yeah I've only a few unlocked so far though, options are limited at the minute.

zero19 wrote: »
    Yeah I've only a few unlocked so far though, options are limited at the minute.

Same as , as only starting so i customize the uav to last through death and extra assist points and care package with double chance and last through death

• Registered Users Posts: 1,511 ✭✭✭chips1234

trying to play online split screen with a friend and the 2nd controller on PS4 is trying to get him to sign in and wont let us play, im sure its a simple solution we cant see atm, he doesnt have a PSN account anyone help me here please ?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,460 ✭✭✭DipStick McSwindler

This post has been deleted.

Same as , as only starting so i customize the uav to last through death and extra assist points and care package with double chance and last through death

I generally dont use the scorestreaks. Generally use UAV with direction or threat detection and either System hack, bombing run or paladin . Most of my classes just have UAV as I prefer to use more perks.

Not much use at the moment for you or Zero19 but if your planning on prestiging I have started keeping all my redeemable stuff in the armory and then selling it all after I prestige. Prestiged last night and without selling the 3 elite weapons and a couple of exo suits etc I might use I got to level 13 before even playing a game.

If your on PS4 add me heroic_goose and I am on most nights from 5-7 and after 9

chips1234 wrote: »
    trying to play online split screen with a friend and the 2nd controller on PS4 is trying to get him to sign in and wont let us play, im sure its a simple solution we cant see atm, he doesnt have a PSN account anyone help me here please ?

Had a quick look online and seems you cant play splitscreen as a guest anymore. You need to create an account for your mate. He does not need to have PS+ just an account on PS4.

Your PS+ account needs to be set to primary on the console you both are using and you should be ok then

https://support.us.playstation.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/5059/~/activate-%2F-deactivate-primary-ps4

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,197 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

Quick question, aside from loving this game, what are people doing with loot?

I sell all mine for exp bar one or two guns , not really fussed on boots and caps etc rather the exp

I keep all th elite stuff and get rid of any of the enlisted and professional gear.

As above keep the loot until I prestige and then sell everything except 1 or 2 of the elite guns.

Usually gets me to level 12-14 without playing a game.

On another note played a bit of team deathmatch last night and everyone on the other team was using the BAL (4 of them had elites) with grip stock and quickdraw/silencer combo. Nearly impossible to beat them. I was trying to use SN6 or HBR and AK. Ended up going back to ASM1 class just to be able to compete. That was using the elite SN6 as well

In case anyone is interested found this link about the variants of the different weapons

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1z3-syTEbrn5J2FKt_2yAEuHjsQ3DXtzbW_tTdCvAyo4/pubhtml#

Can someone tell me does the loot actually make a difference. i.e. does a Nigerian police helmet do any more or less than say an elite headband? I can't see any stats for any of the gear so I don't know if my boots, knee pads etc are giving me an extra boost or protection

• Advertisement

Can someone tell me does the loot actually make a difference. i.e. does a Nigerian police helmet do any more or less than say an elite headband? I can't see any stats for any of the gear so I don't know if my boots, knee pads etc are giving me an extra boost or protection

The gear does nothing other than is nice to have as far as I know. Only the weapons variants make a difference.

Advertisement