Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

International Movers Recommendations

Options
  • 03-11-2014 9:52am
    Registered Users Posts: 1

We are moving from Ireland to the US in a couple of months. Does anyone have any moving companies you can recommend (or any to stay away from)? Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭antonymous

dejoco wrote: »
    We are moving from Ireland to the US in a couple of months. Does anyone have any moving companies you can recommend (or any to stay away from)? Thanks.

Well, really depends how much you are planning on moving, and more importantly - what's your budget. It's incredibly expensive.

I moved to the US 2 years ago and to be honest left the vast majority of my belongings back in Ireland.

• Registered Users Posts: 171 ✭✭JKM

Same here. My husband and I moved to US almost 2 years ago and just brought clothes etc. It was much cheaper to buy everything from scratch over here. The only thing we paid to get shipped over was our pets.

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭antonymous

JKM wrote: »
    Same here. My husband and I moved to US almost 2 years ago and just brought clothes etc. It was much cheaper to buy everything from scratch over here. The only thing we paid to get shipped over was our pets.

Hehe, clothes, and our dog, that was about it for us too, and yes, pretty much bought everything from scratch too.

• Registered Users Posts: 171 ✭✭JKM

I just had a look to see who we used and it seems they do personal effects as well as pets. They are a company called EFL and are based in Dublin, quite close to the airport if I remember correctly. I had a good experience with them. They handled all the paperwork, I just had to drop off my cats and collect them at the other end in San Francisco. They were by far the best quote I got (very reasonable as far as I was concerned) and if they are as good with personal effects as they are with pets I would recommend them.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,259 ✭✭✭él statutorio

We used a crowd called movemasters. They were ok. Great at boxing everything up and taking it away but also great at tacking on various hidden fees along the way too.

• Advertisement
Advertisement