Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Parking light & marker light not working on one side

Options
  • 03-11-2014 10:11am
    Registered Users Posts: 460 ✭✭

Hi All

Basically my Parking Light on the Right Hand Side together with the high up marker light and the middle low marker light (all on the same side) are not working - the front low marker light is working however.
    Break light on the right hand side is functioning fine.

Im guessing that the problem is a fuse or similar - but Im doubting that there would be a fuse for the right side only?

Any advice?

Cheers

Update - just realised that my reverse light which is on same light cluster as impacted parking light is also gone.....does that help narrow the cause?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 839 ✭✭✭kelbal

Yes you'll need to check fuses alright, but I had a similar problem, in case yours is similar maybe my story might help.......

About 3 feet from the back of the motorhome, on the underbody, I have 2 plastic housing boxes on either side, about 3 inches square. One box for lighting on each side. They're there to house a little circuit board which takes all the lighting supply wiring from the front, and then distribute to the back of the motorhome. My lighting on one side was up to all sorts of weird stuff. What happened was that water had gotten inside the box and fried the circuit board, thus messing up the lighting. I was able to disconnect and throw out the circuit board - and directly connect the wires with little connectors and it was all fine again. Then all my connections were housed again in the same junction box and properly sealed up again.

Might not be your issue at all - but its something to think about. If you are going down this road, take photos, draw wiring diagrams so you know exactly what was going on before you do any taking apart.

• Registered Users Posts: 460 ✭✭Malta1

Yup......spotted those 2 junction boxes all right - they appear to be bone dry though.......that said, I didnt go probing at them

I omitted from my original post that the Left Hand parking light looked very bright and when I had a look, I realised that both bulb terminals (stop and tail light) were incontact with the parking light connector (yellow wire) - I think when I disconnected the bulb and refitted it properly that I blew/fried something

Cheers for reply

• Registered Users Posts: 839 ✭✭✭kelbal

Malta1 wrote: »
    Yup......spotted those 2 junction boxes all right - they appear to be bone dry though.......that said, I didnt go probing at them
    Cheers for reply

My junction boxes were bone dry from outside - the water had actually followed one of the lighting wires from elsewhere to the inside

• Registered Users Posts: 2,549 ✭✭✭*Kol*

Can easily happen. I had the same with the oil pressure light sensor in the engine getting shorted out with water.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,213 ✭✭✭Aidan_M_M

Park/side lights have separate fuses for LH and RH sides.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,549 ✭✭✭*Kol*

Aidan_M_M wrote: »
    Park/side lights have separate fuses for LH and RH sides.

Are those fuses in the glove box?

I dont think I have any fuses in the glove box - there is a fuse box in the engine bay

Also, is the reverse light on the same fuse as the parking lights......if so, hopefully my task will be easy

yours is a 250 or 244 chassis? 244 has a fusebox either side of the dash , 250 has it on the driver's side only.

OK - so I told a "white" lie - I found 2 fuse boxes internally last night......one on either side of the cab. Both behind panels that required a +head screwdriver to open

Now to chase down the impacted fuse........and believe me Im hoping its a fuse :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 39 glenmac

Good on you Malta1 go find it

• Advertisement

Side light fuses are in the Lhs fusebox, f12 and f13, top row, 3rd and ,4th from the left. 5 Amp, mini blade.

Many thanks Aidan - cant be more helpful than that (unless you want to pop by and change them for me :P )

Cheers

Just to say all lights back working. Turned out to be a blown fuse for marker lights blown bulb for tail light (even though it was new) and a corroded connection at reverse light
    Many thanks to all

Advertisement