Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

youtube pixalated

Options
  • 03-11-2014 10:50am
    Registered Users Posts: 18,067 ✭✭✭✭

Recently whenever i watch videos on youtube the videos are pixalated for a minute at the start:confused: and its annoying

I use firefox, is there something in the settings i need to adjust?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,184 ✭✭✭riclad

Try use chrome browser,
    Maybe you have an older,pc , with an older graphics card.
    google chrome browser download.
    setting video settings to another video,setting, medium, not hd.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 10,518 Mod ✭✭✭✭5uspect

It's probably opening in 144p or some silly low resolution. There's an icon in the bottom right of the video window allowing you to select something useful. Depending on your connection, 480p or 720p should be okay.

Youtube can be a right pain, there are a few plugins floating about to fix these issues.

• Registered Users Posts: 893 ✭✭✭U_Fig

That's what happens YouTube starts in a low resolution and when determines your connection speed then it will switch to highrer resulotion . this can be annoying tho as ig llf you donnto have a stabe connection it can keep going to lower resuktions . I used to use a grease monkey script to change YouTube setting which fixes this abd allows full video loading but recently its stopped working i'm on the lookout for anlther one now.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,356 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

You might have caught video pixies on your PC. These are awkward little things that jam up up videos online with pixels and glyphs.
    Has anyone been watching videos any where other than youtube?

Advertisement