Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Beretta a kick off

Options
  • 03-11-2014 11:12am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 9

Has any of you got a beretta a400 with the kick off system on it. If so what's your opinions on it?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,703 ✭✭✭deerhunter1

Has any of you got a beretta a400 with the kick off system on it. If so what's your opinions on it?

I have had other Berettas with the kick off system, found it OK worked for me

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 Foxwhistler

Sound lad thanks. I'm in between minds between a second hand tecknys and a new a400. Just wondering is it worth the extra few bob as I'm green enough with shotguns.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,393 ✭✭✭✭Vegeta

What will you mainly use the gun for? Pheasants, woodcock or duck?

Reason I ask is if you're shooting primarily heavy loads at duck then you may find the kick off useful. It's aimed at lads using shotgun loads on the heavier end of the scale.

Either way, buy which ever gun you prefer, don't let the kick off be the deciding factor. Semi auto shotguns, especially gas operated, are soft enough to shoot anyway.

I've the kick off on an Xtrema2.

Vegeta wrote: »
    What will you mainly use the gun for? Pheasants, woodcock or duck?

Reason I ask is if you're shooting primarily heavy loads at duck then you may find the kick off useful. It's aimed at lads using shotgun loads on the heavier end of the scale.

Either way, buy which ever gun you prefer, don't let the kick off be the deciding factor. Semi auto shotguns, especially gas operated, are soft enough to shoot anyway.

I've the kick off on an Xtrema2.

Pheasant, pigeons and the very odd time clays and duck. I like the light weight of the a400 but the tecknys felt nicer in the shoulder. Only thing putting me off is its a good bit heavier because it's mainly for clays as far as I know.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,010 ✭✭✭dazed+confused

There is so little recoil in these guns anyway that it is unnecessary. That said, if you are using heavier shells it is an advantage. There is no recoil from a 28gr 7 1/2 shells when using the kickoff, it makes for a very easy follow up shot.

• Advertisement

I like the light weight of the a400 but the tecknys felt nicer in the shoulder.

Any possibility of shooting both to see which you shoot better with?

Any possibility of shooting both to see which you shoot better with?

I'll certainly ask but I doubt it as the a400 is new. I doubt the dealer will be too kean on it.

I'm out of touch with shotgun prices so if there was not a lot in it price wise, my decision would be based on how well they fit and feel. Ideally how well I shoot with them but as you say, it's not always possible to shoot them.

I'm out of touch with shotgun prices so if there was not a lot in it price wise, my decision would be based on how well they fit and feel. Ideally how well I shoot with them but as you say, it's not always possible to shoot them.

Thanks. I'll have another look and see then. The tecknys is about 500 cheaper so another plus on that one

• Registered Users Posts: 225 ✭✭ecr

Had both teknys is a way better gun imo that kick off system is a balls again imo

• Advertisement

ecr wrote: »
    Had both teknys is a way better gun imo that kick off system is a balls again imo

I don't dispute anything you've said but to help the OP I'd be interested to hear what in particular you prefer about the teknys and what you dislike about the kick-off.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 pothunter

I have had all types of shotguns and have to say after a good day at the pigeons the a400 with kick off is the job. Follow up shots made a lot easier and after a slab of 32g 6 shoulder could have done it all over again. Never had that feeling from any other gun. I have 3 rifles and a shotgun and by far the best money I ever spent was on a400

• Registered Users Posts: 353 ✭✭beretta686s

I have the a400 aswell cold not fault it one bit peach of a gun put any shell you want through it never fails to cycle

• Registered Users Posts: 225 ✭✭ecr

I don't dispute anything you've said but to help the OP I'd be interested to hear what in particular you prefer about the teknys and what you dislike about the kick-off.

The tekny is heavier but is a great gun to handle I found the kit off caught my cheek every time it was fired an it handled like a shovel that's in my opinion now some will have different views on both

• Registered Users Posts: 4 pothunter

ecr wrote: »
    The tekny is heavier but is a great gun to handle I found the kit off caught my cheek every time it was fired an it handled like a shovel that's in my opinion now some will have different views on both

The kickoff on the a400 is at the butt end of the stock. So can't. Catch your face. Extreme has it mid stock new design

• Registered Users Posts: 472 ✭✭duckman!!

I have the a400 extreme with the kickoff midway in the stock, very good for the bigger rounds, shooting clay rounds you barely feel a thing!
    Would highly recommend :D

xtreme_unico-tfb.jpg

Advertisement