Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Software or camera for sorting pictures of stock

Options
  • 03-11-2014 11:18am
    Registered Users Posts: 727 ✭✭✭

Hows it going, i don't know if anyone can help, or if this is even possible, but i am wondering is there a piece of software or a specific camera that, when receiving items of stock from a supplier, and having to sort in the warehouse, that when you take a photo of the item of stock, the camera/software can recognise this item, and automatically store the picture of it in a network folder. Looking for a solution for, instead of taking pictures of stock, then having to take the pictures off the camera and sort myself.

Any help appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,456 ✭✭✭FSL

There should be some software which comes with the webcam which enables you to take a picture and save it to file.

If you wanted to save to different folders depending on the stock item then you would need a barcode reader and write a little utility which having read the barcode from the stock item took the photo using the webcam and stored it accordingly.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,579 ✭✭✭BopNiblets

There's probably dozens of smartphone apps if you have one you can use, maybe not fully functional free ones but you might get lucky, search Play Store or Appstore for stock inventory apps.

• Registered Users Posts: 727 ✭✭✭Muirshin Durkin

Cheers for the help lads, i thin i got sorted.

Advertisement