Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

chromecast setup

Options
  • 03-11-2014 1:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 161 ✭✭

hi i have bought google chromcast and it has a problem connecting to my efibre wireless internet. some people have suggested that by turing off the access point isolation will help fix this issue, how do i do that?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 101 ✭✭eircom: Aisling

hi i have bought google chromcast and it has a problem connecting to my efibre wireless internet. some people have suggested that by turing off the access point isolation will help fix this issue, how do i do that?

Hi tippgirl.

I have sent this onto our support team & I will get back to you as soon as I have a response.

Thanks

Ash

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Fergie45

Hello tippgirl123
    I have the very same problem, so will be interested in the answer you get. Sláinte.

• Registered Users Posts: 161 ✭✭tippgirl123

Fergie45 wrote: »
    Hello tippgirl123
    I have the very same problem, so will be interested in the answer you get. Sláinte.

I just kept trying and somehow it just worked without me doing anything

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,221 ✭✭✭braddun

it will not connect to eircom modem,you need different modem

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭eircom: Alan

braddun wrote: »
    Hi Fergie45

The best advice I can offer is to contact technical support directly on 1890260260 or via Instant WebChat at eircom.net. Chromecast does work with eircom modems and a technical support representative should be able to walk you through this.

Thanks
    Al

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,700 ✭✭✭jd

Works fine for me using a f1000 (eircom) router, don't think I have anything special in my setup 

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭eircom: Alan

jd wrote: »
    Works fine for me using a f1000 (eircom) router, don't think I have anything special in my setup 
    Thanks jd

Yes it always should work - although if issues arise it's best to contact technical support for advice

Al

• Registered Users Posts: 8,229 ✭✭✭LeinsterDub

jd wrote: »
    Thanks jd

Yes it always should work - although if issues arise it's best to contact technical support for advice

Al
    That advice being we don't support 3rd party products , or even our own routers beyond getting connected to the internet ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 269 ✭✭IrishSkyBoxer

did anyone figure out how to get it working? :(

Advertisement