Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dealing with PMS?

Options
  • 03-11-2014 2:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 20

What's more irritating? PMS or Period? to me it's PMS. seriously, too much hormonal changes is just devastating ! I feel like i hate everyone, too horny and of course, the depression! first one is really not OK.I know hating everyone is just a 'phase' but i still can't deny it and keep on doing it. it really hampers my social existence! :/
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,698 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

Is hormonal contraception an option for you?

• Registered Users Posts: 20 utopian911

Dial Hard wrote: »
    Is hormonal contraception an option for you?

NO. I mean I'm only 23,not married and I'm from that type of the country and religion where sex is not allowed before marriage, so i'm free from this option, thank you! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 186 ✭✭GalwayGirl26

I cannot recommend evening promrose oil capsules enough for pms. They calm me right down and balance me back again!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,698 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

utopian911 wrote: »
    NO. I mean I'm only 23,not married and I'm from that type of the country and religion where sex is not allowed before marriage, so i'm free from this option, thank you! :)

Fair enough if sex before marriage isn't on the cards for you, but plenty of women use hormonal contraception from their teens on to control heavy periods and manage PMS. If your PMS is significantly affecting your quality of life and you've no health issues that would preclude using hormonal contraception, I definitely think you should consider it.

If you come from a culture where religious considerations would prevent a doctor prescribing hormonal contraception to you, then you're going to need to investigate complementary therapies such as the evening primrose oil mentioned above.

• Registered Users Posts: 20 utopian911

Thanks for your suggestions, I'll try my best! :)

• Advertisement
Advertisement