Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

specification for water meter

Options
  • 03-11-2014 2:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 22

A water meter is needed to sub-meter my water supply.
    The connection size is pvc 11mm ID / 21mm OD.
    What is a typical specification for the domestic water meters being put in by Irish Water / can you advise any suppliers? Thank you and regards. Adam.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,008 ✭✭✭scudo2

3/4" water meters available from all good plumbing supplys.
    Can be fitted anywhere on your property.
    Nothing to do with Irish water meter on the road. Just a mesurement device for yourself.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,501 ✭✭✭zagmund

I got a couple recently from Heat Merchants. I think they were about €45-50. I think you can pay less for similar meters, but I wanted ones with pulse outputs for remote reading.

You can see more details if you google "LXSCY meter"

z

• Registered Users Posts: 2,039 ✭✭✭Cerco

zagmund wrote: »
    I got a couple recently from Heat Merchants. I think they were about €45-50. I think you can pay less for similar meters, but I wanted ones with pulse outputs for remote reading.

You can see more details if you google "LXSCY meter"

z
    What remote device are you using to read the meters?
    Thanks in advance.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,501 ✭✭✭zagmund

I'm using a combination of electronic bits & bobs as a hobby thing at the moment. The main bit is an Arduino. I guess it's not technically remote - it's wired to the meter, but it sends the data to a remote server which graphs it (or will, once I configure it properly).

The pulse stuff is pretty straight forward - 3v in one side, nothing out the other side normally. Every time the meter dial turns (1 litre), the circuit is made and you get 3v out the other side. All you do is count how many times the circuit is completed and log it.

z

• Registered Users Posts: 2,039 ✭✭✭Cerco

zagmund wrote: »
    I'm using a combination of electronic bits & bobs as a hobby thing at the moment. The main bit is an Arduino. I guess it's not technically remote - it's wired to the meter, but it sends the data to a remote server which graphs it (or will, once I configure it properly).

The pulse stuff is pretty straight forward - 3v in one side, nothing out the other side normally. Every time the meter dial turns (1 litre), the circuit is made and you get 3v out the other side. All you do is count how many times the circuit is completed and log it.

z

Seems like a cost effective and innovative solution. Thanks for the description.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,099 ✭✭✭Mech1

Contact "meter angels" they are pulling the irish water meters back out!! Probably illegally, I'm sure they have a few they need to dispose of.

• Registered Users Posts: 839 ✭✭✭65535

Mod edit, 65535

text removed as it may support illegal activity.

• Registered Users Posts: 839 ✭✭✭65535

What ?
    I suggest that you can buy a meter from ebay and that 'may support illegal activity'
    Have a look at the other posts !

Advertisement