Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

imessages not working

• 03-11-2014 3:00pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,577 ✭✭✭

When I send imessage to people they are sending as green messages. This has even happened when both of ue are on wifi and connected and with imessage turned on . has this happened anyone else?

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dades

The recipients are using iPhones too, right?

Does iMessage work okay for them to other users?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,577 ✭✭✭DeSelby83

Dades wrote: »
    The recipients are using iPhones too, right?

Does iMessage work okay for them to other users?

yep, both are iphones :)

and the messages are working to some users and not others

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,940 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,679 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

Try disabling and re-enabling iMessage on both devices and make sure they set to send and receive using the phone number in iMessage settings. I’d also recommend disabling sending/receiving from email addresses, but this can cause problems for SMS relay in iOS 8.

Apple introduced a lot of bugs to iMessage in iOS 8. My mother’s 4S keeps sending iMessages using her email address despite being set to use her number. I’ve fixed it twice already.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,577 ✭✭✭DeSelby83

Thanks, will try both of those later and see if they work

• Advertisement
Advertisement