Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Basketball in Balbriggan

Options
  • 03-11-2014 3:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 11

Hi there,

Anybody interested in friendly basketball game in Balbriggan?
    We are just setting up a group of fans of bouncing around orange ball.

We play in Hamlet Lane Community Centre in Balbriggan on Tuesdays and Thursdays between 8pm-9pm.

We are struggling with numbers especially on Tuesdays.

Everybody is welcome!

We share cost of renting a hall, nobody earns money on it, so it will be probably one of the cheapest fat burning options during autumn / winter evenings (but won't beat running!)

We do not play on professional level - anybody can come and join us.
    If you are likeminded please contact me here or by pm.

We are also thinking about palying volleyball once a week but there is very little interest in the moment, but if there is a will there is a way.
    I hope we'll be able to change Balbriggan to Ballbriggan :-)

(more info and updates on extra days on www: Balbriggan.org)

thanks,
    Milo

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,813 ✭✭✭peteb2

I wouldnt mind a Tuesday run around once I could square it off with the wife. What are the numbers like? Could probably rope in a second person.

• Registered Users Posts: 11 gdfella

hi,

we do struggle with numbers on Tuesdays. We usually have 4-6 people.
    So every single person counts.
    We noticed the best game is when 8 players play as its not too tight and you do not ran your lungs out.

we pay 27.50 EUR for the rental and divide this between players.
    it usually is 4-5 EUR on Tuesdays and 3-4 EURO on Thursdays.

On Thursdays we usualy have 6-10 people and it gets a bit tight if everybody comes, but this happens very seldom.

more info is on our www: balbriggan.org - also my phone number if you want to call and inquire more.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,813 ✭✭✭peteb2

Milo, two of us going to pop in this Thursday. And will then probably head down on Tuesdays if possible.

• Registered Users Posts: 11 gdfella

peteb2 wrote: »
    Milo, two of us going to pop in this Thursday. And will then probably head down on Tuesdays if possible.

That's great news especially we still look for numbers on Tuesday nights

Take care and cu soon
    Milo

Advertisement