Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

top box and rack for an sv1000

• 03-11-2014 3:16pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,458 ✭✭✭

Does anyone have any recomendations for a rack for an sv1000? Need to find something to carry all my crap in :)
    I also need a cheap and cheerful top box.

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,224 ✭✭✭goodlad

I had a Givi rack on my Sv1000. It fit no bother and looked grand.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,453 ✭✭✭✭blade1

Givi monolock is usually a bit cheaper than GIVI monokey!
    I got a Kappa 47 litre monolock box on ebay Italy delivered for €108.

It's the exact same box as a Givi.

Must be the same crowd make them for both Givi and Kappa.
    The only difference is Kappa use black locks and Givi use red,and the name on the box of course!

It looks huge in this photo..:eek:

photo1_zpsa815b989.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭Wonda-Boy

blade1 wrote: »

It's the exact same box as a Givi.

Must be the same crowd make them for both Givi and Kappa.
    The only difference is Kappa use black locks and Givi use red,and the name on the box of course!

It looks huge in this photo..:eek:

photo1_zpsa815b989.jpg

Would love a large box like that for the Sprint 1050st, but anyone I looked at it was mad money. That price you paid is a STEAL!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

blade1 wrote: »

Wow 47 litre!.. I regularly travel and carry for two with a 38 litre box.. A 47 ltr would be awesome for anyone intending to carry a lot because even at 38 ltr I've rarely been let down.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 141 ✭✭CBRLizzie

What about this one reduced to €79.95?

https://www.louis.de/en/artikel/givi-e42-top-box/10024288?list=22212501

I have a Moto Detail one at home that I don't use, I had it on my CBR, yer man who bought the bike didn't want it. €50 and its yours - bearing in mind I came off the CBR a couple of times so its a bit bashed.

• Advertisement

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,224 ✭✭✭goodlad

That's a great price as it includes the plate

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

Something I'd point out from my own experience with my box.

Two up is fine and there's no drag 'nor does it appear to catch a cross wind, but solo and it causes quite a bit of drag.. Full it'll make your front end light, and my corning goes a little vague.. I can only image it's a little worse with a bigger box.

Like I said that's just been my experience.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,306 ✭✭✭✭Cienciano

All the better for wheelies then :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,458 ✭✭✭lennymc

cheers for the replies guys!

The only other bike i had with a top box and rack was a bandit 600 and I also found it to be quite light at the front when the box was loaded. Should be fun on the sv. At least it will save me on front tyre wear :)

Does anyone know if the sv650 and sv1000 rack are the same - anything I can find online seems to suggest they are, but would be nice to be able to confirm it.

• Advertisement

so there i am browsing adverts and i see a nearly new givi rack and plate for an sv. few messages to and fro, and i end up picking it up today for a very nice price. Just need to get a monolock (i think) box now

lennymc wrote: »
    so there i am browsing adverts and i see a nearly new givi rack and plate for an sv. few messages to and fro, and i end up picking it up today for a very nice price. Just need to get a monolock (i think) box now

It's probably written on it but if you are not sure, stick up a pic and I'd say I can tell you which it is lenny

CBRLizzie wrote: »
    What about this one reduced to €79.95?

https://www.louis.de/en/artikel/givi-e42-top-box/10024288?list=22212501

I have a Moto Detail one at home that I don't use, I had it on my CBR, yer man who bought the bike didn't want it. €50 and its yours - bearing in mind I came off the CBR a couple of times so its a bit bashed.

that one is now down to 63 quid so i bought it. 73 delivered. thanks for the link cbrlizzie

@ blade1 - i checked online and its monolock. thanks for the offer tho!

got a text from mrs lenny saying my box has arrived. sweet.

Advertisement