Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Garden - rolling the soil

• 03-11-2014 3:48pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,014 ✭✭✭

Hi, I'm finishing a new build and had the groundworks done a couple of weeks ago that included putting in about 8 inches of graded soil and lawn seed (no 2). The grass is up but I wondered if the soil should have been rolled at any stage ? If I stand in the garden at the moment, I leave 5 inch footprints so its not compacted. Does it just need time ? Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21 180Bhoy

Yeah, It should definetley be more compact than that. Id usually either leave it settle for a few weeks (plenty rain) or hire a roller. Might still be ok by spring. Best of luck!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 156 ✭✭keltoms05

yeah the soil should have been consolidated and the raked to a fine tilth before sowing the grass seed. I would leave it until the spring and see how it settles down

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,014 ✭✭✭Curious Geroge

Thanks guys; hopefully it gets sorted but woefully disappointed with way it has been done.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,254 ✭✭✭rje66

Thanks guys; hopefully it gets sorted but woefully disappointed with way it has been done.

Done by builder or a landscaper?
    Just curious....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,254 ✭✭✭rje66

Done by builder or a landscaper?
    Just curious....

• Advertisement
Advertisement