Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Laundry charges

Options
  • 03-11-2014 3:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 130 ✭✭

How much does it cost per machine wash in your apartment complex? My landlord charges 3 euro per wash, is this standard?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,223 ✭✭✭Michael D Not Higgins

I don't know what standard would be as I've only ever lived in apartments with their own washing machine (and the same for any friend's apartment), but I looked up a cost for a machine wash (no drying) in Dublin in laundrettes. €7.50, €5 were the two prices I could find for self service. Double that for full service including drying.

€3 seems cheap in comparison but I would have expected it to be cheaper than that, maybe in the range of €1-2. Are you including drying in your cost?

• Registered Users Posts: 78,423 ✭✭✭✭Victor

me0w wrote: »
    How much does it cost per machine wash in your apartment complex? My landlord charges 3 euro per wash, is this standard?
    I have my own machine, but I think my landlord charges similar - €2 for wash and €1 for tumble dry (not sure for how long - I suspect not long enough to dry heavy items).

The local launderette charges €10 for a 10kg load - wash, dry, fold, whereas the dry cleaners charge €13. 10kg is probably the same as two loads on a domestic washing machine.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 947 ✭✭✭zef

Sorry if it seems a silly question, but does that include washing powder/ softer?
    And does that dry them, like a washer dryer?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,494 ✭✭✭Sala

Mine is €3 for a wash €4 for a dry. Extortion. It was was €1.40/€2 and thy hiked it

• Registered Users Posts: 5,902 ✭✭✭Chris_5339762

I think when I rented a few years ago it was €2 per wash. No dryer, just the outside washing line. You had to provide your own washing powder. Nice little money earner.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,228 ✭✭✭mrsbyrne

Self service unmanned machines near me charges €4 for 8kg machine €8 for 18kg machine and €2 for each 15 minutes in a 18kg dryer. Includes washing powder.

• Registered Users Posts: 78,423 ✭✭✭✭Victor

zef wrote: »
    Sorry if it seems a silly question, but does that include washing powder/ softer?
    I edited my post.

In launderettes / dry cleaners, they usually supply powder (only?). I can't imagine it is supplied with on-site self service machines.
    And does that dry them, like a washer dryer?
    I suspect mileage will vary. It's a lot easier to dry shirts and fleeces than the likes of a duvet.

Advertisement