Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Alexander Duncan Cabs

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,000 ✭✭✭Kevhog1988

what exactly do you need??
    Whats a top for a mudguard??

• Registered Users Posts: 2,668 ✭✭✭kay 9

Could do with the bushings myself for a Duncan. There is a place in Scotland that do parts but be handier source them here.

• Registered Users Posts: 566 ✭✭✭westwicklow

Uploaded a photo of one rusted mudguard top but to explain a bit more, I need left hand and right hand side replacements for the top part of the mudguards which bolt on/off the (super?)- Duncan cab onto which the side/rear lights fix onto.

Alexander Duncan in Scotland supply replacement parts but I'd rather deal locally if at all possible.

There are many other parts required also at some stage.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,210 ✭✭✭✭Nekarsulm

Would you be as well getting a local engineering place to make them for you?
    You have a good pattern to work from.
    Anywhere with a press brake or Ironworker would cut and bend it for you out of 3mm steel.

Nekarsulm wrote: »
    Would you be as well getting a local engineering place to make them for you?
    You have a good pattern to work from.
    Anywhere with a press brake or Ironworker would cut and bend it for you out of 3mm steel.

Thanks for your suggestion and I will follow up on it with a firm I know in Naas, Co. Kildare.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 283 ✭✭smokey-fitz

Uploaded a photo of one rusted mudguard top but to explain a bit more, I need left hand and right hand side replacements for the top part of the mudguards which bolt on/off the (super?)- Duncan cab onto which the side/rear lights fix onto.

Alexander Duncan in Scotland supply replacement parts but I'd rather deal locally if at all possible.

There are many other parts required also at some stage.

I've a pair that look exactly the same on my 290.. Im going to guess that the bottom of the doors are bad too

Yep, bad bottoms on my doors too!

Yea taught so, but if fairness its not to bad for 30 odd years, presuming yours is mid 80's too.

If they dont work out too expensive I might also be interested in getting made up. Im close enough to naas too. Might work out cheaper for 4 aswell

Our's is a '81 model so rust is only to be expected particularly since the cab was never famed for being water proof!

I'll do a bit of investigating and keep you posted about the cost of having new mudguard tops made up.

It's years since we first heard it but there's supposed to be a lad in the north west with a jig made up to knock out duncan parts. Would still be interested in finding out more about him.

Our's is a '81 model so rust is only to be expected particularly since the cab was never famed for being water proof!

I'll do a bit of investigating and keep you posted about the cost of having new mudguard tops made up.

It's years since we first heard it but there's supposed to be a lad in the north west with a jig made up to knock out duncan parts. Would still be interested in finding out more about him.

• Advertisement

No they werent the best to keep water out but not the worst either. Yea ill be interested to find out.

Mine is a 85, semi retired so would like to tidy it up a bit. Great tractor in its day all the same. If I had the use of my old jobs workshop I would of made them up in a hour or two..

Duncan, based in Abeerdeen, just let me know that replacement parts are not very plentyful for these cabs so the local fabrication option is a must!

• Registered Users Posts: 206 ✭✭ford 5600

00441224897278. Duncan Cabs. Got a few bits a few years ago from them. Very helpful. But for what you need probably better to get local engineering crowd to do it for you.

ford 5600 wrote: »
    00441224897278. Duncan Cabs. Got a few bits a few years ago from them. Very helpful. But for what you need probably better to get local engineering crowd to do it for you.

Thanks for the info and advise ford 5600!

They are worth a phone call anyway as I need a few bits and pieces for this cab.

Advertisement