Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Deleted iol emails appear in gmail

Options
  • 03-11-2014 6:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,411 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

I have an old iol.ie email account that I still use. I also have a gmail account. Today I logged on to my iol account via webmail.iol.ie. I read and deleted a few emails there. I then logged on to my gmail account via a web browser and noticed that the iol.ie emails I had just deleted, appeared in gmail as new emails in my spam folder.

How in gods name is this happening ?

As far as I can tell, I never linked the two in any way. I have checked gmail - settings - pop download. There is no reference there to my iol account there. I have also checked gmail - "My Account" - recovery email. This is not set to my iol address.

Can anyone help me figure out this worrying and unwanted link ?

many thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,095 ✭✭✭solomafioso

Do you have a forward set up from your iol -> Gmail?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,411 ✭✭✭dnme

Do you have a forward set up from your iol -> Gmail?

No but close. Turns out I have Incoming new mail filtering enabled on webmail.iol.ie. I am copying new mails to my gmail account. Funny that this would also forward emails that I delete (bug ? who knows). Anyway that was the issue, I have now removed the filter - problem solved.

Advertisement