Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fraudulent number?

Options
  • 03-11-2014 6:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,303 ✭✭✭

Hi all currently in the US and just missed 4 calls from this number 448453512298

Seems to be mixed views on if it's ulster bank or a scam, any insights?

I looked up the Ulster Bank fraud phone number and it's completely different.

Thanks,
    Thezappa

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,814 ✭✭✭dobsdave

THEZAPPA wrote: »
    Hi all currently in the US and just missed 4 calls from this number 448453512298

Seems to be mixed views on if it's ulster bank or a scam, any insights?

I looked up the Ulster Bank fraud phone number and it's completely different.

Thanks,
    Thezappa

Its Ulster Bank, did you inform them you were going to the US?
    They have either a) seen tx's in the US which they didn't expect, or b) your account has been hacked.

Call them immediately, there should be an Irish number on their website.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,924 ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

Bearing in mind UB's card fraud team is actually RBS's in Scotland it may well be them.
    Its Ulster Bank, did you inform them you were going to the US?

UB don't ask you to pre-notify them, but it's certainly possible if the OP is in the US that they're suspicious about something.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,814 ✭✭✭dobsdave

BuffyBot wrote: »
    Bearing in mind UB's card fraud team is actually RBS's in Scotland it may well be them.

UB don't ask you to pre-notify them, but it's certainly possible if the OP is in the US that they're suspicious about something.

Whether any bank ask for notification or not, I would always tell them when I go abroad.
    Been caught out too many times.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,303 ✭✭✭THEZAPPA

Thanks for the replies!

It is real, they stopped my card so I rang and got it sorted!

I had told them I would be in the US but apparently it wasn't on the system, oh well least I know if my card is used for fraudulent activity it will be caught :)

Advertisement